Hondo's Bar

Food Blargh

Thelogan

I live near 2 Popeyes.

Last November we brought you news of Taco Bell testing a Smothered Burrito in Ohio. Well thanks now goes to GrubGrade reader Dillon on the heads-up info that the Smothered Burrito is next in line to hit national menus and it’s set to be replacing the Enchirito. Taco Bell has a way of working in new items on Thursdays so let’s see if this Thursday, July 25th is the release date.

The Smothered Burrito features a 10.5″ flour tortilla packed with shredded chicken, refried beans, rice, and chipotle sauce then topped with red sauce, a three-cheese blend and reduced-fat sour cream. We’ll update with the price and other details when they become available. In the test run the premium chicken/steak versions were priced at $3.99 and the beef was $2.99.

i8xr5na.jpg

xZBj0JQ.jpg

I'm with Logan. They also are the only fast food joint that I'll try the new thing every time. Other places, new or limited time items will come and go and I will have never tried it. Taco Bell has one hell of marketing team because I always try their new stuff.

Even the bell Grande nachos? I wouldn't feed those to a stray dog

Did I fucking stutter? YES, the nachos. Lord yes. I would eat them with a fox and all that shit.

Here's the thing with me though, if something has enough cheese and sour cream on it I don't really care what's underneath.

That's the problem, they do NOT have enough cheese and sour cream. If any item on taco bell's menu should feature an over-abundance of cheese it is nachos yet they're all like "nachis, by that you mean a pile of soggy chips and dry hamburger covered in mealy tomato chunks with literally the least amount of cheese we're legally allowed to put on our food, right?"

We get both tex mex and real mexican here, my town is about half Hispanic half white. Ive gone to parties where no one speaks much English and they roast a goat in the yard and the food was awesome! But I've tried stuff that I will never touch again. Cool thing is that our grocery stores sell imported products, galetas, Mexican sodas, horchata, chile dusted candy, etc.

Oh and you can get homemade tres leches at any bakery pretty much. I'd kill for a good piece of tres leches.

What is the fourth type of milk used? That's interesting.

The carneceria here makes the best, but I have no idea what all is in it, because they write the ingredients in English and, uh, well they left out sugar, and the filling was listed as "fruit" so I can even be sure what kind. I think strawberry?