Hondo's Bar

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Paul Giamatti May Play Rhino In THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2; Felicity Jones In Talks For Role

73364.jpg

Looks like Electro won't be the only villain to take on Spider-Man in 2014. Paul Giamatti (Rock Of Ages) is in negotiations to play the powerful Rhino in The Amazing Spider-Man sequel, while Felicity Jones (Like Crazy) is in talks for an unknown role.

Paul Romano - 1/28/2013

51849L.jpg

Here's some interesting casting news. When Jamie Foxx was announced to play the villainous Electro in Sony Pictures' sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man (which begins filming next month), it was speculated that at least one more villain will be included taking on the Webhead in the character's next big screen outing. Now, The Hollywood Reporter confirms just that. According to the site, Paul Giamatti - who was recently seen in Rock Of Ages and is currently shooting Parkland - has entered negotiations to play The Rhino in the film, which will be directed by Marc Webb (who helmed the first Amazing Spider-Man). The character first appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #41 in 1966, and is known for wearing a superhuman Rhino suit that makes him invulnerable and gives him super strength/super speed. Back in 2011, Giamatti said that he was "ready and waiting" to play The Rhino should the character ever be used in a Spider-Man film, and it appears that he has gotten his wish.

Additionally, THR says that Felicity Jones (Like Crazy) is also in talks for a role, though the site says that the role is unknown. Could it be Betty Brant? Black Cat, even? Interestingly, Jone was recently said to be up for the female lead in Marvel Studios' Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which she later denied. Be sure to stay tuned to CBM for more news as we have it.

The currently untitled sequel to The Amazing Spider-Man stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Shailene Woodley and Sally Field. The film is set to hit theaters May 2nd, 2014.

Read more at http://www.comicbook...Y14l4IuhSDLF.99

I can see it, he definitely has the build.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, already filming

Columbia Pictures announced today that filming has begun on The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2 in New York. The film is the first in the history of the franchise that will be filmed entirely in New York City and New York State.

The sequel to last year’s critical and box office hit The Amazing Spider-Man, the film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Shailene Woodley, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Paul Giamatti, and Sally Field.

In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

The film is directed by Marc Webb from a screenplay by Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci & Jeff Pinkner, with a previous draft by James Vanderbilt, and based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are the producers.

The film’s key behind-the-scenes team includes director of photography Dan Mindel, production designer Mark Friedberg, editors Pietro Scalia and Elliot Graham, and costume designer Deborah L. Scott.

The latest chapter in the Spider-Man story is set for release in 3D on May 2, 2014.

• 3 weeks later...

XFALxXK.jpg

So, since the above pic was released, there has been a shitstorm of retardation across the internets. I'm going to give Jax the benefit, but here's some of the choice comments I've come across.

Uhm, that's not Mary Jane. That's some mediocre looking red-head.

lmfaoooo she looks average as hell

Below average-looking MJ...OMG She is SO not MJ...

She should look like this.

313180_258602237584835_1250716954_n.jpg

384629_259545440823848_2036871490_n.jpg

She's gonna be your new girlfriend Peter!!!

wooooo%20Spidey%20Gar.jpeg

Holy--- KILL IT!! WITH FIRE!

yeah isnt she supposed to be hot? maybe they are taking it from the angle that she was a donkey in school and grew up to be beautiful ?? oh well still better than kristen.

Those quotes were taken from the first page of comments on an article over on comicbookmovie.com. This is the kind of shit that give nerds a bad name.

In conclusion gobshite fanboys think that this girl

tumblr_m34cbwe2Lv1qga21ho1_1280.png

isn't hot enough to play MJ...

tumblr_m5ckcu85KU1rqq0c0o1_500.gif

I admit, I don't like her face. Probably is cause she is a bit plain. That doesn't mean she won't make a good Mary Jane though She looks quite a bit younger than both Gwen Stacy and Peter in the movie too, but that's based on one picture. I still think they should've gone with a different Gwen and kept Emma Stone aside to play MJ.

Regardless, the casting there is nothing to get outraged about.

In fairness, mj has always been drawn as an almost supernaturally attractive woman, so while I do agree she's not "as hot" I don't really feel that's a strike against her and do in fact find her rather attractive. She does seem a bit plain for mj though. I always thought they cast a Gwen Stacy as mj in the original and an mj as Gwen in the remake.

I'm going to give Jax the benefit,

I appreciate the benefit. I, indeed, was not implying that she's too ugly to be MJ. I know MJ is, or was, a supermodel in the 616, and she doesn't look like a supermodel in that picture, but it's not like she's unattractive and Hollywood can't make her look like a supermodel with the right makeup and lightning.

It's not just the whiting up. Mj has very distinct facial features: she has big eyes and high cheekbones and a elfish shape to her face. It's why Kirsten dunst was adequate for the part. This actress is certainly beautiful, but her face lacks the character that any good Mk should have. Whereas Emma stone's fave has tons of character and even without red hair she looks like mj.

Oh phone, you loveable scamp, I wrote whoring not whiting

• 1 month later...