Hondo's Bar

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Panch

• 3 weeks later...

Marvel Has Confirmed Andy Serkis Is 'Ulysses Klaw' In AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

114775.jpg

It was previously speculated and then reported to be so, but now Marvel/Disney has officially revealed that Andy Serkis is playing one of Black Panther's archenemies in The Avengers sequel. Check it out!

By DCMarvelFreshman - 2/3/2015

rn8zxYA.png

In addition to watermark-less, ultra high-resolution copies of the sixteen production images that were released from Avengers: Age of Ultron yesterday, Marvel/Disney has provided Stitch Kingdomwith official captions that evidently describe who's who. Well, given that Andy Serkis is featured in one of those sixteen stills, it's confirmed that the motion-capture performance expert will be playing none of other than Ulysses Klaw in the highly-anticipated Marvel sequel and beyond...

Despite this solid confirmation, it was previously speculated and then reported that Andy Serkis' mystery Age of Ultron character would be Ulysses Klaw, who is a Dutch scientist in the comics that becomes an arch enemy to Black Panther and equipped with a gun on his arm that turns sound into images. It's likely the supervillain is being established in Joss Whedon's Marvel sequel to later return in the Black Panther movie, which is currently scheduled for release on November 3, 2017, and starring Chadwick Boseman in the titular role. Perhaps, Serkis could somehow reprise the role in Capain America: Civil War, in which Boseman will debut as the Wakandian on May 6, 2016.

Origin of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver revealed in prequel comic.

Origin Of 'Quicksilver' And 'Scarlet Witch' Revealed In AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON

114783.jpg

We know that Baron Von Strucker gave Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch their powers by using Loki's staff, but a new Avengers: Age of Ultron digital comics reveals how exactly "The Twins" ended up in the custody of HYDRA. It's fair to say that you may not have seen this twist coming...

By Josh Wilding - 2/3/2015

Marvel have quietly released a digital comic called Avengers: Age of Ultron Prelude - This Scepter'd Isle, and it reveals how the sceptre went from being in the posession of Earth's Mightiest Heroes inThe Avengers to Baron Von Strucker in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Skye, Pietro and Wanda are seemingly Inhumans as "Strucker, acting on behalf of Hydra, used the scepter on test subjects in the fictional European city of Sokovia to "unlock" any powers they might have." As you can see from the panel below (via Newsarama), they're also WILLING test subjects and NOT captured by HYDRA. That's an interesting twist, and you have to wonder how this ties the Infinity Stones to the Inhumans and Terrigent Mists. What do you think?

DIG051935_3.jpg?1422994291

scepteredisle_excerpt.jpg?1422993286

Plus seventeen official stills.

• 3 weeks later...

Googled "fabry avengers" and this is the first image that popped up.

captain%20america%20&%20the%20avengers.jpg

Yup. Better than the real poster. It's beyond me why they don't have better--and God forgive me for not using this word ironically--synergy between the publishing and movie studio. Why not have contests in the comics where fans can vote on artwork for the film's posters or promotional materials? Hell, even fan submissions could be cool. Make it an event! That's what Stan woulda done.

Also, if Jae Lee isn't commissioned by MARVEL to draw an Inhumans movie poster I say we riot. Seriously, at this point Marvel Studios should just make me director of marketing.

• 5 weeks later...

So the cast members attending the premiere was apparently sent out as a press release by Disney and the mention of Linda Cardellini (rrowr) and Julie Delpy have the Interwebs all a buzz with speculation as to who these actresses will be playing. I'm just hoping neither are Capt. Danvers.Ms. Marvel as I'm still holding out fanboy hope Katie Sackhoff will be given the role. It's a longshot though as Hollywood has dried up on their BSG Starbuck love apparently. :/

Avengers-Cast-700x425.jpg?resize=700%2C425

Also noticed no Gwyenth Paltrow on here. Bummer. I was hoping Pepper Potts would show up, maybe in in her own IM suit.

First reactions.

Extremely mild, hard to consider them spoilers, spoilers but just in case.

Mike Ryan

@mikeryanFollow

Just saw AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. Soooooooo many characters and soooooo much going on, I can't believe it's coherent, let alone so fun.

Mike Ryan ✔ @mikeryanFollow

And out of all the AGE OF ULTRON chaos, somehow Hawkeye gets the best role in the movie. AND the best line of the movie, maybe the series.

Mike Sampson @mjsampsFollow

Avengers 2 is both an amazing sequel and a fantastic setup for the rest of the MCU. So nerdy in the best possible way.

Kevin P. Sullivan @KPSullFollow

Whedon stuffs Avengers Age of Ultron with an impossible amount of great geekiness. Sometimes it feels like too much, but he pulls it off!

Kevin P. Sullivan @KPSullFollow

Whedon's love of Scarlet Witch and his guilt for Hawkeye's Avengers role stand out. Both are fantastic!

Drew Taylor @DrewTailoredFollow

#AvengersAgeOfUltron is darker, weirder and more emotional than the original. It's also the thrill ride to beat this summer.

Christopher Rosen ✔ @chrisjrosenFollow

Avengers: Age of Oh Yeahhhhh It's Good!

Mike Sampson @mjsampsFollow

Also, the usual Avengers supporting players stand out this time. Black Widow kicks ass and Hawkeye has the best lines.

Mike Ryan ✔ @mikeryanFollow

One more: Spader's Ultron so much more snarky than I thought he would be. So, yeah, he's basically James Spader.

Matt Patches @misterpatchesFollow

Avengers: Age of Ultron: An entire "phase" in Soylent brick form. More nerd plot, more spectacle, more sarcasm. Feeling good dizzy.

Alex Zalben ✔ @azalbenFollow

.@Avengers #AgeOfUltron might be the most true to the comic movie ever. So many images taken right off the page that made me faint with joy.

Alex Zalben ✔ @azalbenFollow

No spoilers, but biggest surprises: Thor is hilarious and Scarlet Witch kicks so much ass. Rest of the #Avengers ain't too shabby, either.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, you might cry again....cause it seems like it's fake.

In the credits crawl which we see for a few seconds before the stinger, we can see the Stereo D logo. Apparently, Stereo D changed their logo in 2014, but the Ultron leak has the old logo, so it's most likely it was just ripped from 2012's Avengers credits.

Someone on GAF picked it up and posted this comparison between the 'leak', the Avengers crawl (old logo) and the Guardians of the Galaxy crawl (new logo).

0nOMMiK_zps4ukbcmgr.png

So it looks like this is simply a brilliant fake. Shame too, as I thought it was SUCH a cleaver reveal and pitch perfect with the tone of the MCU.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news guys, and I guess we'll find out for sure from ASC within a day, but still....

7e3_zpsmgl3bfmm.jpg

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY