Hondo's Bar

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Panch

• 1 month later...

James Spader playing Ultron

James Spader will face off against Earth’s Mightiest Heroes as the villain in Marvel’s "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the sequel to 2012’s record-breaking "Marvel’s The Avengers." The Emmy Award-winning actor will play Ultron in the Avengers’ much anticipated return to the big screen from writer/director Joss Whedon. The film comes to theaters on May 1, 2015.

Spader earned three Emmy Awards for his role as Alan Shore on "Boston Legal" and "The Practice," and will return to television this fall in NBC’s highly anticipated series "The Blacklist." Most recently Spader was seen in the critically-acclaimed film "Lincoln" directed by Steven Spielberg and has previously worked with a long list of accomplished film directors including David Cronenberg, Curtis Hansen, Sidney Lumet, Mike Nichols, Tim Robbins, Robert Rodriguez, Steven Soderbergh, and Oliver Stone. David Mamet also directed Spader in the Broadway play Race.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I see the Disney/Marvel synergy is going strong w/ the use of a Pinocchio tune as the trailer and theme for Ultron. I think this is the same or similar footage as what was shown at SDCC.

Aww yiss that Hulkbuster Armor.

Yeah, that was the best thing about the trailer for me, the rest was a bit meh. I don't want my MARVEL superhero films to have an ominous vibe. That's what Nolan's Batman films are for. Plus there's already enough abject dread in the world, now especially. If you're going to sell war as entertainment at least give me a peppy soundtrack like GotG.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I don't think the darkness of the trailer is signaling a dark movie. (or at least not a nolan-dark movie. It's probably going to be darker than Avengers 1)

But there's also footage out there of the Avengers fooling around with Thor's hammer etc to show that the fun isn't gone. Granted we know that's from the first part of the movie before Ultron shows up, so the darkness probably comes later, but it indicates that this thing won't just veer off into ominousity.

This trailer focused on the villain with very little dialogue, just shots of drama like people kicking in doors and crushing skulls and throwing cars etc. With so much of Joss Whedon's humor/fun being character/dialogue based this isn't the kind of trailer that can showcase the movie's fun, if indeed it has such an element.

But I keep thinking of like Reavers in Firefly which are just about the creepiest, most ominous things you can have in scifi and even their stories weren't without their fun elements.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I didn't think the IM3 or Cap2 trailers appeared half as bleak as this AOU trailer.

Thor: The Dark World was bleak as fuck. I've never been more depressed after watching a Marvel Studios movie.

Eh. Can any movie with Loki truly be "bleak as fuck"? Even what he (temporarily) did to Coulston in Avengers 1 had a playful element to it. Kind of.

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I meant that Thor: The Dark World was so bad it was bleak as fuck.

Kevin Feige Confirms We'll Get A New AVENGERS Roster After AGE OF ULTRON

110035.jpg

Remember those reports about Captain America assembling a new team of Avengers at the conclusion of Avengers: Age of Ultron? Well, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has now confirmed that we'll be getting a different roster by the time the credits roll. Check it out!

Follow Josh:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png googleBTNS.png

By Josh Wilding - 10/27/2014

7Mbjnq7.jpg

Buzzfeed have posted part of their Avengers: Age of Ultron set visit today and it includes some very interesting comments from Kevin Feige about the future of Earth's Mightiest Heroes. There have been a lot of rumours about the state of the team by the time the sequel comes to an end, including one report which claimed that Captain America will assemble a new team made up of characters like Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and The Vision. "The Avengers films, ideally, in the grand plan are always big, giant linchpins," the producer and studio boss told the site, adding: "It’s like as it was in publishing, when each of the characters would go on their own adventures and then occasionally team up for a big, 12-issue mega-event. Then they would go back into their own comics, and be changed from whatever that event was. I envision the same thing occurring after this movie, because the [Avengers] roster is altered by the finale of this film." This goes a long way in confirming those reports, and with Iron Man apparently set to walk away from the team due to his role in creating Ultron, it could be our first look at the early stages of Civil War. Be sure to share your thoughts on these comments in the usual place!

Edited by alive she cried

During an interview with The Telegraph, actor Idris Elba, who plays the Asgardian gatekeeper Heimdall in the Thor movies, expressed strong thoughts about his Marvel commitments and seemingly confirmed his and Hiddleston's inclusion in next year's Avengers: Age of Ultron. “Ironically, yesterday I had to…” Elba stopped, while discussing his professional commitments, before revealing: “I’m in Avengers, and I’m doing a scene with Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston, and they’re like, [whispers] – ‘Aren’t you [meant to be] in Ibiza?’ ” Ibiza Rocks House is a superclub where Idris Elba has been DJing/hosting. The English actor had apparently filmed his Age of Ultron scenes right after the clubbing gig. “That’s why I was p----- about my set yesterday. I really just wasn’t there. I was annoyed.”