Hondo's Bar

Kitchen Nightmares

The NZA

Haha, I was actually going to mention that. He's a really chill dude in the BBC one. It's like he has a persona he has to do in the U.S. version. Most of this episode was an uncharacteristic BBC Ramsey in the states.

It could also be that this country and the people in it really irritate him, and all we understand is yelling. A lot of the time he ends up being pals with the folks on the original.

I think he ends up pals with a lot of people on this show, too. Hell, I even remember how emotional he got when that old couple who he helped out gave him a bottle of wine from their cellar whose quality floored him so much he felt he had to refuse it. It just takes a lot to get through to some people. And a lot of time, in the UK version, it was the quality of the preparation or the ingredients, not the state of the kitchen, that was the focus of his ire.

Haha, I was actually going to mention that. He's a really chill dude in the BBC one. It's like he has a persona he has to do in the U.S. version. Most of this episode was an uncharacteristic BBC Ramsey in the states.

It could also be that this country and the people in it really irritate him, and all we understand is yelling. A lot of the time he ends up being pals with the folks on the original.

It's two things.

1. Americans (in general) distrust foreigners, and assume that it's not possible for someone from outside of the U.S. to be better than them.

2. American reality television is way more dramatic and over the top than Irish and UK shows.

Holy...they are batshit crazy.

THE FUCK...THE ASSHOLE OWNER TAKES ALL THE TIPS!

Ewwww...Raw Pizza Dough.

Nasty burger is nasty.

Please let Ramsay rip her a new one.

Annnnd Amy in denial about her shitty food.

She is really starting to lose her shit over what Ramsay is doing. (Bless him)

Give'em hell Ramsay.

Edited by Newtype

If you are going to pay your servers hourly then you should not accept tips. Put up a freaking sign or something. I don't object to not allowing the servers tips, if they are indeed paid hourly, but the customers assume those young ladies are receiving those tips and if they are not then it is very dishonest. I don't even like the concept of tip share. I truly hope this restaurant goes under

You know, I just couldn't help myself though...I went on their website and sent them a nice email. I told them that maybe they aren't as bad as the program made them out to be and if they feel they need help, perhaps they should ask friends and family. Then I mentioned the concept of tip share. I also pointed out that bad publicity could be their chance to turn things good.

<shrug> Guess I'm a bleeding heart, but it seems far-fetched that any two people could be that horrible.

Edited by FireDownBelow

Oh yeah, I've given sympathy tips.

And I have revised my position yet again. The guy who waited for his pizza and then was told to leave? Well, they interviewed him. Apparently that was very real. The producer of the show confirmed it as well. And after doing even more digging, Amy has had issues in the past with bloggers and reviewers. This couple just seems paranoid and doesn't take to critiscism well. I now regret sending that email. The past reviews seem hit or miss. People either loved the food or hated it, though service is described universally as poor. Likely because the servers have no initiative. This place needs to be shut down. I don't think this couple has any business working with the public or working in a supervisory capacity.

https://www.change.org/petitions/the-us-department-of-labor-and-the-wage-and-hour-division-whd-investigate-amy-s-baking-company-bakery-boutique-bistro-in-scottsdale-az

That ^ is what I think about that.