Hondo's Bar

Thor: Ragnarok

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Taika Waititi's Thor sounds like it's gonna be pretty awesome.

He also said he’s not worrying so much about anything else going on in the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (“I’m trying to ignore the rest of the universe and just make my own awesome movie.”) which is maybe bad news for people who only care about how Thor: Ragnarok sets up Avengers: Infinity War but good news for people who just want Thor: Ragnarok to stand on its own. A few other highlights from the AMA:

• -Expect an ’80s “retro” vibe to the movie. And a “crazy” and “very different” tone.
  • -He has zero interest in the Marvel/DC rivalry. (“If people stop going to see superhero movies then both sides suffer.”)
  • -Tessa Thompson has a “decent sized role.”
  • -His favorite MCU movie is Guardians of the Galaxy.
  • -He wanted to bring in John C. Reilly’s character from Guardians of the Galaxy, but “there was no real way to pull it off.”

• 4 months later...

ew1457-58cvr_promo2.jpg?w=1800 .

When Hela is accidentally unleashed from her prison, she is not psyched. “She’s been locked away for millennia getting more and more cross, and then, with a mistake, she gets unleashed and she ain’t getting back in that box,” says Blanchett, who worked with legendary stuntwoman Zoë Bell (Grindhouse) and learned the Brazilian martial art capoeira to prep for the role. Her attack on Thor sends him to Sakaar where he is forced to become a gladiator and realizes he’s no longer super special. “[sakaar is] basically where every wormhole across the universe dumps out its trash, so you get people from all walks of life with all sorts of incredible abilities and powers,” Hemsworth explains. “No one cares what prince or king Thor may have been in another world. Also, his strength is pretty easily matched with those he finds himself amongst.” Case in point: Sakaar’s most successful (and popular) fighter is The Hulk.

more picture

0002509893242534535.jpg?w=669

0002509873283273432343.jpg?w=669

000251059.jpg?w=669

Wow. That is all awesome-sauce.

0002509873283273432343.jpg?w=669

Damn Cate Blanchett is unrecognizeable there.

That's Blanchett?! I thought it was the chic from Mallrats!

It looks amazing. I cannot wait for more cosmic stuff from Disney / Marvel. Guardians aesthetic was just so well done - glad to see more of that 'theme'.

000251059.jpg?w=669

00025099043543596.jpg

I officially can't wait. Wasn't a fan of Thor's 'doo' - but the more I scrolled n' got used to it, I think it is a good idea they went for a new/fresh look/redesign. It works.

• 5 weeks later...