Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man : Homecoming

I should also add...

Aunt-May.jpg

robert-downey-troll-185102.jpg

Here's some pretty good looks at the costume. Still ain't loving all the bells n' whistles - but I admit, the new design is growing on me.

(I do wonder if the outty-web shooters were a creative design-choice or a 'imagine how many of these we can sell at Toys R Us!' decision.)

3106470-cpt0cbhuiaisn-g.jpg

3106472-pic2.jpg

CnMk2X7UAAAkW4w.jpg

3_1_5_spider-man-homecoming-photo-tournage.jpg

spider-man-swings-into-action-on-set-02.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 2 months later...

Okay - seeing Spidey in a scene w/ those ol' skoo' cartoony Avengers masks...un-freakin'-real. Amazing that it took this long for this to happen.

I met Stan Lee at a lecture around '96 - before the meet n' greets / autographs / photo ops - there was a Q/A, I asked about the chances of a live-action Spidey flick. He replied to the audience, saying everyone @ Marvel has been working hard at bringing the 'web-slinger' to the silver screen for decades. He assured everyone that it would eventually happen and that his vision was a major cinematic crossover-event, including 'all your favorite heroes'. (Anybody who has ever seen an interview w/ Stan knows how infectious his enthusiasm for the fantasy is.) Everybody in that audience had beaming smiles.

He leaned into the mic - and whispered, "...anyone ever hear of - Maximum Carnage?" Gasps and muffled 'Oh shit!'s' immediately followed. LOL! He added a stand-alone Venom film was also very likely - this is back in, like - '96!

A lot has changed since then - but I'll never forget the hype leading up to a live-action Spidey. This hits pretty close to the tone of what Spidey is. So did Toby's go.

Still waiting on that live-action adaption of that red-hot storyline everyone is a-buzz about. I think they're working on a video game version, too.

Not really sure about his bud knowing his secret identity. Carrying that secret burden - wrestling w/ 'it would be so much easier if I just told them who I was' is kinda lost. Now he's got Tony Stark aaand his 'best bud' for support? I prefer the solo ride / secret identity burden / thankless effort deal - but this could still be true to the character and be fun.

7b6e49d4619dbe547ee6feb85ea224e3.gif

Also, glad Vulture doesn't look like crap and the high school students look like high school students...not actors in their late-twenties.

I can see the "Oracle' angle working - I get it. I've seen it before - I just prefer the solo-riding Parker from my youth. It's a different character dynamic - but, yeah - you could argue it might not translate well to live-action. First 2 Raimi films were just fine, tho.

I can understand the lean for a different screen-approach to Spidey - but introducing a buddy or whatever to counter the 'Batman-can't-just-talk-to-himself' thing? Eh. Just surprised it's a current Spidey-thing in the comics, where it's not really required to 'get inside the character's head.' It think it's the 3rd version of Spidey I've heard of where he has a psuedo-sidekick...not off-putting, just a preference.

There's different versions of Spidey - and there'll be more.

I think because the Marvel Cinematic Universe has so many folks to riff off each other you don't need tons of supporting characters. Since Pete's in high school we're not gonna get much of that crossover (Tony as a mentor/father-figure is great tho) so he needs his own group of people to interact with. Sure, Spidey will show up in the other films, but we're probably not gonna get Thor and Hulk at Midtown High.

Tony as that mentor is great - (incoming fan-fiction) My approach would've been to only have Tony know who he is.

(shrugs) Again - not a deal-breaker, just a preference. Having his buddy (is it his best friend? I'm unfamiliar w/ the character) helping out 'Oracle-style' could lend itself to some funny hijinks - it's inline w/ the youthful / hip nature of Spidey. I mean, Parker used to be a social outcast - he's since evolved into a somewhat social butterfly. It's cool - but a definite unnecessary appendage.

Also, did nobody else notice Danny Glover in the trailer?

Ah. In the Ultimate run, he had MJs help 'early on', too. Is that a Spidey-thing now? He has an 'Oracle' helping from the Batcave? Seems like it.

I can see the "Oracle' angle working - I get it.

(shrugs) Again - not a deal-breaker, just a preference. Having his buddy (is it his best friend? I'm unfamiliar w/ the character) helping out 'Oracle-style' could lend itself to some funny hijinks - i

The trailer doesn't imply anything that this kid will be Pete's Oracle. He just knows about him being Spider-Man.

I can see the "Oracle' angle working - I get it. I've seen it before - I just prefer the solo-riding Parker from my youth. It's a different character dynamic - but, yeah - you could argue it might not translate well to live-action. First 2 Raimi films were just fine, tho.

I can understand the lean for a different screen-approach to Spidey - but introducing a buddy or whatever to counter the 'Batman-can't-just-talk-to-himself' thing? Eh. Just surprised it's a current Spidey-thing in the comics, where it's not really required to 'get inside the character's head.' It think it's the 3rd version of Spidey I've heard of where he has a psuedo-sidekick...not off-putting, just a preference.

There's different versions of Spidey - and there'll be more.

The Raimi films mostly focused on the supporting cast and let Peter's introspective moments be either talking to Aunt May or Uncle Ben's ghost. I'd love to do a Garfield-without-Garfield type thing with all the early Spider-man comics called "Spider-Man without thought bubbles" which would just be endless word-free panels of him swinging around, looking at things, and making terrible jokes. I prefer Spider-Man where he has someone to bounce his thoughts off of: Mary Jane, Aunt May, Anna Maria Marconi, whoever. I don't think Ganke (I assume that's who he is) won't so much be his Oracle character as his Alfred. Just a close friend who offers him a modicum of emotional support.

yeah, i always liked how peter was never particularly great at keeping his secret, either

Ganke (I assume that's who he is)

thank you, the name was killing me - yeah, that's Miles' boy. all we need now is Goldballs.

if bendis has any say, we'll have goldballs, and dazzler too

i think haku has a point - why change up things from the comics? i for one wish we could stick to good aryan stock, like ben urich, hemdall, johnny storm, baron mordo, nick fury, and gamora

i was so gonna say john wraith here but i legit didn't know he was black in the comics, damn whoever was inking marc silverstri's shit in the early 90's

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1