Hondo's Bar

Logan aka the actual Last of Us

• 3 weeks later...

Based on the quality of the last two Wolverine films, I'm really letting myself get too hyped for this film. I mean, history tells us that it's likely going to be a very, very flawed movie. However, dat trailer. Dat rating. Dat poster. I'm getting a Leon vibe from that poster. Not in the uncomfortable pseudo pedo vibe, but from the bad ass protector making a last stand to save a badass girl vibe.

• 1 month later...

Maybe - it could be fun as a bit, exclusive to the bluray - but not in the movie.

I mean, the point of putting him in the movie...is to make kids giggle, right? Not in this. As a bonus feature - 'lost scene' thing or whatever, fine. 'EXCLUSIVE DEADPOOL SCENE' could actually be a cool trend w/ all of Fox's blu releases of their Marvel outings.

Awesome. I'll take Logan 2 and 3 right now thank you. I so stoked for March! I hope Logan is as great as the trailer made it out to be, and I hope it makes a killing at the box office. I put Hugh Jackman's Wolverine on par with RDJ/Tony Stark as actors that have so embodied a character that you simply cannot recast without a complete ground up reboot.

Literally the ONLY reason I would want to see FOX and Marvel come to a similar Sony/Spider-man deal is to see Jackman's Wolverine in the MCU.

Plus, as much lip service as they paid Jackman in Deadpool, he HAS to at least make a cameo in one of the sequels, if not a full on Deadpool/Wolverine pic.

I can see a Wolvie / Deadpool outing as a no-brainer move. Balls-to-the-wall blood, guts n' fart jokes. A super hard-R venture. I say thanks to last year's(?) Deadpool n' Rogue One - we've seen that both audiences and the box-office are receptive to these 'kid-friendly' (term used very loosely) franchises breaking left and taking the 'not for casual / general audiences' lane. 'For the fans' isn't a dumb approach.

RIP - Ghostbusters and TMNT.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...