Hondo's Bar

Movies 2Track hates

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3)Salma Hayek. Pretty to look at but not much of an actress (though I'll give her DOGMA)

If you're gonna give her any movie for her acting, it's Frida, she did a fuckin amazing job on that one, I think she could be a fine actress in good roles.

And yes, Men in black II did kinda blow, I was falling asleep through half of it.

Sorry, junker, no talking sense into this one. He hates on perfectly decent films for the lamest of reasons, but loves films despite all there is to hate. IF he saw Frida, he'd probably be, 'I just can't see her as anything but the stupid chick from WWW!' Give up on this cause...it's lost.

um, anyways... to keep going with an actual conversation... yes, I loved Frida, thought it was fucking amazing. Directed by the woman who directed Titus, so it's a beautiful movie, and Hayek really does a great job as that wacky bisexual communist. More than worth a rent when it's on DVD, hell, it's still out in a few theaters if you can find one near ya.

Five Thangz I don't like about Shrezek"

1)I'm not a Mike Myers fan and his faux-scottish accent really got up my ass.

2)I didn't think it was funny. Everyone was raving about it and when I saw it I didn't laugh once.

3)Who was that donkey guy? Eddie Murphy you say? Gee, didn't he used to be funny....

4)It's in-jokery...Ohhh Michael Eisner....

5)As opposed to Toy Story for the whole of Shrek I was sitting there thinking "oh hey that's Michael Myers, and that's Cameron Diaz and that's John Lithgow".

Wow, I never thought of it that way. Nothing is worse than a person sounding like themself. :eyeroll: And Mike Myers does a fine Scotish accent. From Fat Bastard to the father from So I Married An Axe Murderer. I think you're like Heartless is with Music. If other people like it, you can't. You have to hate anything popular.

No, it's not like that at all. For example here's my top 20 from before.

Heaven Can Wait (1943)

Casablanca

Society

Citizen Kane

The Empire Strikes Back

Le Haine

M

Raging Bull

Annie Hall

Rushmore

The Jerk

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Fast Times at Ridgemont High

The Producers

The Kentucky Fried Movie

His Girl Friday

Back to the Future

On the Waterfront

Raising Arizona

Battle Royale

99% of those movies are well known movies (with the exception of Heaven Can Wait). It's not as if I'm citing french arthouse movies and underground pictures as my favorites because no one heard of 'em and I think they make me sound cool. I also like alot of stuff that people would say is shit. I guess I'm just more into older movies because they're the ones that I grew up with and have loved for years. The last couple of years have had some brilliant flicks. I'm sure that I could name a million high grossing movies that I really liked.

As for Myers' Scottish accent, I went to college over there and I think I know what one sounds like. Myers' take on it sounds like 90% of every other impression that he did on SNL.

Umm, I didn't like Shrek either. Wasn't that it was "popular," it just got too much hype. I expected a lot and then when I saw it, i didn't laugh once either. Also they used the John Kale version of "Hallelujah." That song should NEVER be used in a comedy EVER. Not even a romantic comedy! It's a great fucking song and they tried toruin it!

I'm also not a huge fan of the new computer animation. It feels like the opening graphics to a child's learning video game.

Also, while I recognize that it was supposed to be silly, I don't know, call me crazy, but I really hate blatant anachronisms in movies that are supposed to take place "Once upon a time." I guess, mainly it's the American accents that bug me. That's a personal pet peeve, I don't expect anyone to agree with me. (Same reason I can't watch Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Since when does a noble from Yorkshire sound like Kevin Costner? )

Sorry Jax, I also did not like The Matrix. I didn't HATE it. I didn't even really dislike it all that much, I just can't stand listening to a bunch of people who think it taught them the "meaning of life." Okay, so it's not really the movie itself that pissed me off: It's the mega-fans. The next time I meet a white cap wearing, Dave Matthews listening, Wrangler driving frat boy, who's only concept of philosophy of any type is The Matrix, I might have to give him a swift kick to his luggage.

Another problem is that while I don't despise this film, I also didn't love it like most other people do. It's annoying when you go to someone's house to smoke and watch a movie, and they're playing the same fucking movie you've seen like a million times but you don't really dig that much.

Finally GLADIATOR?!?!? That was the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen (well, not truly, but I really hated it). The fact that Crowe actually won an Oscar for that (much like Paltrow in Shakespeare in Love, the OTHER biggest piece of shit) makes the Academy Awards nothing more than a few hours of comedy every year for me. That's better than Braveheart? I know I'm biased because of my affection for Scotland, but shit, I can't think of a single thing in Gladiator that was better than Braveheart.

So 2track what do YOU hate about Gladiator?

Edited by TulipO

Tu, yo da laydee :approve: I'm proud to call myself a supporter of Tu-'tics.

Anyway Gladiator...I've decided to get rid of my 5 lines as the format just ain't working for me...

I'm not big on historical pics (be it factual or not) so that was a big factor for me. Russel Crowe is also another one of my pet-peeves. I remember watching "Romper Stomper" back when it came out, I knew an Australian chick (who actually had a copy of the Degrassi movie so I fell for her) who had it and plugged it relentlessly and I just thought he sucked ass. I don't think I've liked any of his movies at all with maybe the exception of "LA Confidential". So I wasn't too happy watching the fighta for 3 hours or however long it was...which brings me to my next point...

Just how the hell long was that? I remember my friends going to see it at the cinema (I passed because of the Crowe thing) and coming back and telling me about how great the fighting was but when I finally gave in and watched it there was jack shit fighting compared to the rest of the movie. Admitadly, yes the fighting scenes were good but there was just too much bullcrap in between and I found myself drifting off and getting bored watching it.

Edited by 2track