Hondo's Bar

Movies 2Track hates

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are four Monthy Python movies and the TV series (Flying Circus), but that's not a saga. Calling a saga or series is like calling all the SNL movies, or the Mel Brooks movies, or the National Lampoons' movies a series or a saga.

And I used to think Alien3 was terrible. Then Alien Resurrection came out and suddenly Alien3 didn't seem so bad. I would gladly embrace Alien3 and call it a good movie if that meant the unmaking of Alien Resurrection.

I guess you could call National Lampoon's Vacation movies a saga, if you really wanted to. I personally always liked Christmas Vacation best.

"Hey! If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a biiiiiig ribbon on his head! And I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking,

dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is! Hallelujah, holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"

Well, I prefer indy myself, but I wouldn't call Bond crappier. I'd try to put a positive spin. Like "I think Indy is more uncrappy than Bond." I think it has to do with the fact that with only 3 movies, Indy is relatively fresh, while Bond has become very much a cliche.

I dunno, Bond is little too bit slick for me with all his gadgets and slicked back hair. He has turned into a cliche.

As for Indy, he's got more ...character, he makes mistakes and he's generally a bit more human.

That and you've got to love the hunky archaeologist types ..

:D

Well, I imagine it's hard to not be cliche after 22 movies. But, I dunno, can you blame a movie for being cliche when it's part of the series that started the cliche? Let's take Indy, for instance. All those ancient treasure traps, like the opening temple scene in Raiders. Great for the time, and still fun now, but after so many spoofs, and crappy movies like the Tomb Raiders, scenes like that have become cliche as well. So would Indy 4 be cliche if it opened with such a scene?

• 4 weeks later...

I only got lost at the end when Nolte went from the Abosrbing Man to Electro to Thor or something and then something exploded i think (im not really sure) and then Hulk was spanish...ok that last part was fun but I didnt get the Nolte bit. Anyway, this is about why 2T hates things, so im waitin to see if he caught T3 yet.

Oh boy....I saw T3.

For no reason 2track HATES T3....it was a good movie

1) The sunglasses...............which ones?

2) DOES NOT COMPUTE........

3) Leukemia (bad spelling)

4) Biting Jim Cameron

5) "I'm back" and any other quote by Arnie........

sorry, but T3 suuuuucccccckkkkkkedddd ccccccoooocccccckkkkkkkkk

• 1 year later...

SPOILERS ABOUND!

Why 2track Hates Constantine

1) Rachel Weisz kept on getting those white shirts wet but not once was she smuggling tic-tacs....bastards. Kirsten Dunst (God bless her soul) did it in BOTH Spider-Man flicks.

2) Midnite went where now....? The only like the comic character goes AWOL for no reason unlike Jean Claude Van Damme who went AWOL 'cause the French Foreign Legion just wasn't his cup of tea.

3) Could the Devil get any more camp?

4) Chas from the comic: a friend of John's from the '60s with a grandchild who NEVER DIES although everyone else seems to. Chas from the movie: a usually entertaining LaBouf playing an annoying teenage shit-head and the angel part after the credits..... :D

5) It was a Keanu Reeves movie that didn't start with "Bill and Ted"

Yeah, IC know what I'm saying. Everyone just loves the Matrix. It's the Star Wars of our generation (and the reasons you list why they're not comparable are pretty weak, you might as well say it's becasue they have a different cast).

Say, this was posted before the final 2 flicks came out, just wondering if it still stands?