Hondo's Bar

Movies 2Track hates

Don't want to steal your thunder 2track, but if we're talking shit movies I've got something that's bothering me.

There's a Japanese manga called The Guyver, about a guy who finds an alien device that turns him into a sort of biological super-weapon. It's pretty cool, and they made a half-decent anime out of it.

However, they made a movie using the license, just called "The Guyver" in the states I think. Over here it got the inspiring title "Mutronics - The Movie". I saw it for sale second-hand years ago. I bought it. Big mistake. It's the biggest pile of crap I've ever watched. It has Mark "Star Wars and Wing Commander" Hamill in it, sporting a very dodgy moustache. The script is laughable, the plot is non-existent, and the effects make me think of an inferior (honestly) Power Rangers.

I'm selling some of my VHS tapes on eBay, and thought I'd see if anyone actually wanted this piece of shit. Within two days the bidding was up to £16. (That's currently $25.12 in Yankland).

The link is here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...3320522776&rd=1

(I can't get the link button on DD to work right now, and I can't remember the code to type it in manually. Is this just me or a real problem?)

So what's going on? Does anyone actually like this movie? Or have I stumbled on some sick Mark Hamill fanboy group? Help me understand!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And it's still got over 6 days to go! My guess, it's been out of print (or whatever you call it for videos) for years and it hasn't made it to DVD, making it tough to find. Obscure bad movies with scifi superstars are big fanboy gold, adn this sounds really bad and stars the biggest star they is in the scifi universe. Except to pull in big bucks.

Don't want to steal your thunder 2track

Steal away...Maybe I'll get in less trouble that way....

I was thinking of putting the bid up higher just to see if this Millitant Wiing of Mark Hammil Fan-Boys would go for a $70 "Mutronics" set...

I actually remember the Guyver from back in the day (in the early '90s in the U.K. and Ireland Manga and Anime were unbelievably big...these yanks take years to catch on....) and I thought it was pretty cool, but then again I was around 11-13 years old when this shit was big so I could've been watching "Haunted Girl with Dog-boy takes On The Evil Of Megapopoli One" and rated that 10/10. Wasn't aware of "Mutronics" though....

I'm a big fan of shite movies (from "The Dentist" to "The Leprachaun" series - "Leprachaun in the Hood", wow!) so you never know you could be getting a mysterious vote from outta nowhere...

Go ahead, but if you win you're buying it! :D I'm not losing my money.

I just watched some of the film to check it definitely works ok, and to see if I'd missed something in my first viewing. You know, like maybe I was taking it too seriously and it really is a lot of fun, and guys in rubber suits are actually quite hilarious.

But I was right, it's a load of crap.

You're right though, anime was big for a while in the early 90s. That's when I started watching; a friend of mine had some tapes and we rented a few (well, got our parents to rent a few, I was about 11 myself).

And shite movies rock. I remember hiring Dungeons and Dragons, that film gave me more amusement than most comedies. Likewise, Battlefield Earth is amazingly entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I liked the hunky guy

You would, fagboy!

How the fuck was such a great movie ruined by the ones that followed it...

(don't say Star Wars)

Batman. You might have even like Batman Returns and Batman Forever, but Batman & Robin was enough to taint the whole series.

• 4 weeks later...

FUCK THAT SHIT B&R was the goods.

"Everybody freeze"

Class. If only all movies were up to the standard of Schumacher's epic tale of leather and nipples....

ANYWAYS,

Ladies and gentlemen...I didn't add or look even at the thread for this movie as I know I'd be swiming upstream but....

WHY 2TRACK HATES THE MATRIX: RELOADED

1)Ohhhhh...computer effects....gasp....more computer effects....ahhhh...more computer effects....this sure is like the Mummy...

2)Keymaster? What the fug

3)The magical flying Duuuuuude

4)Slowly but surely Keanu Reeves becomes a Jedi

5)Love.