Hondo's Bar

If you could see any act live...

Reverend Jax

There are lots of musicians and groups we love that we will never be able to see live, mostly due to the death of said musician or member of said group, but also because the groups break up. That said, if you could see any one musician or group live, at their peek, which would you choose to see? Some obvious examples include The Beatles, Hendrix, Nirvana, The Doors, Janis Joplin, Bob Marley, etc.

I choose Frank Zappa, any time after Joe's Garage was released and before Steve Vai left the group. Listening to his live stuff you can tell he just has everything that a live show needs. Incredible guitar solos (from Frank and Steve), great drum solos (from Terry Bozzio), incredible sound quality, hilarious humor, improvisation. It's everything I wish every live show was.

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

I mean Nirvana would be my obvious one, just love the music and the live vid "Tonight Sold Out..." or whatever is kick-ass.

Apart from that I suppose The Pixies. Saw The Breeders at Reading festival and just reminded me how great a lot of the basslines were. Watched a music-documentary about them fairly recently as well. The sounds Joe Santiago could get out of his guitar....genius.

How could there be so little interest in this thread? Everyone here most have some band that's disbanded or musician that's dead that they would kill to see live. I know y'all listen to more than just Blink 182 and Britney Spears. C'mon! Most people here probably have upwards of 10 to 20 musicians/bands they'd love to see live.

Uhm...The Doors'd be really cool. So would Miles Davis... oh, and Bill Hicks did some music, too. Runners up might include Skynyrd (entire band), Marvin Gaye, etc.

PS id really like to see Cash before he gets added to the list, you know? :(

Does Metallica with Cliff Burton count.

Add R.A.T.M and Black Sabbath(in their prime) and Sepultura with Max

I cant complain that much since I've seen alot of my favourite bands in the space of a year

- S.O.A.D

- Tool

- Slayer

- Machinehead

- Korn

- The Haunted

And im going to see nearly all the rest of them later this year

- Audioslave

- Metallica

- Q.O.T.S.A

- Red Hot Chilli Peppers

• 1 year later...

Queen would have been cool. I want to see Garbage again, but they aren't broken up. In fact, I'm awaiting word of their new album next year :D and a tour might follow. I would have liked to have seen the Rat Pack: Dean, Frank, and Sammy. And uh....oh yeah, Blink182 opening for Britney Spears ;p.

I saw Blink and GreenDay, that was awesome. GreenDay got some kids on stage and they gave them their instruments and had them play while Billie Joe sang. Afterwards he gave him the guitar...classic. Fuckin' lucky kid.

What was the subject again hehe...I'll :D myself

• 11 years later...

with 2016 in particular taking so many artists, i thought i'd bump this thread...never saw MJ, biggie (thanks, mom), Guru, or a number of others...i remember thinking $100+ was too much like 10 years back when The Police came down here. now? i'd prolly bite for them, phil collins/genesis, maybe stevie wonder, sade and a a few others

still salty both Rage against the machine & Public Enemy didnt come back down here for rock the bells years ago, but Prophets of Rage is looking cool!

PS id really like to see Cash before he gets added to the list, you know? :(

..like a year or so later ded.gif

Just thinking of the music I like, and I don't know how good of a performance any of them actually do or if I'd enjoy them as much live. Some of my favourites have been Low, The Fall, Kvelertak, Boris, Melt-Banana and Public Image Ltd. Wouldn't mind seeing any of them again, and hopefully seeing Low in a couple of months.

I'd really like to see Tom Waits, from what I've seen he looks very entertaining and it's probably more enjoyable than on MP3