Hondo's Bar

Final Fantasy XII

The NZA

god bless you gamefaqs, im like a stategy king these days.

Im not far from her, im at the Viera villiage, lvl 32 or so but im not trying to level up my whole freakin party like she is, tho ive some hunting to do.

Again, i havent been this into an FF in a long time. Im fighting random weak shit just to open up my license board sometimes.

ps Newt/anybody never really answered my question: what point can you take down an elemental? I hate those fuckers and long to see their passing.

god bless you gamefaqs, im like a stategy king these days.

Im not far from her, im at the Viera villiage, lvl 32 or so but im not trying to level up my whole freakin party like she is, tho ive some hunting to do.

Again, i havent been this into an FF in a long time. Im fighting random weak shit just to open up my license board sometimes.

ps Newt/anybody never really answered my question: what point can you take down an elemental? I hate those fuckers and long to see their passing.

Level the fuck out of everybody use quicking an pry you take them out. Do try to level everybody like she is. Your going to need it real soon.

...damn. I kinda figured that'd matter eventually but id rather focus on my boys Baksh or whoever and Ashe. Guess ill start using the others again too.

I need to go look up how to better chain the quickenings. Im curous what level you guys were when you first started to kill elementals, and what else hurts them besides quickenings.

Level the fuck out of everybody use quicking an pry you take them out. Do try to level everybody like she is. Your going to need it real soon.

I kept telling him that. All my peoples are 32 now... and I've hunted 14 marks already...

...damn. I kinda figured that'd matter eventually but id rather focus on my boys Baksh or whoever and Ashe. Guess ill start using the others again too.

I recommend Balthier. He's jawesome. :blink: (Oh and my strategies have gotten better, thank you!)

they better have. "ill hit, you keep stealing, and you...you wait for death! alright team, break!" just wasnt sound, little kertins.

i guess ill level fran and baltheir a bit more, penelo's gonna have to work to get off the bench though. If Kertins' team is like "theyre all my little babies!" mine is like a high school game, and my varsity squad is running shit. Stoopid inevitable "youve got to divide into teams to fight this boss!" fight.

Tonight, ill finally look up quickenings. ive read so many pages at gamefaqs now its crazy, a lesser game wouldnt had me read nearly this much.

... and I've hunted 14 marks already...

really? crap. what rank are you?

maan...i mayve beens sleep deprived, but i still say: if im hunting bunnies and shit, and a goddam elemental , not in my stupid camera view, shows up and starts casting thunderaga quicker than i can run, that's bullshit. I will have my vengence on that fuck.

did...did you wanna do that quest for me to get be the fire shot thing you were talkin bout? :blink:

WHY AIN'T THERE NO NIGGAS IN THESE DAMNED FINAL FANTASY GAMES? AIN'T THERE GOTS NO BLACK PEOPLE IN ALTERNATE REALITIES? THIS IS RACIST CRAP BRAINWASHING THE YOUNG BLACK MINDS OF AMERICA INTO ACCEPTING THEIR PRESCRIBED ROLES AS NON-ENTITIES IN SERVICE TO THE WHITE MASTER. YOU THINK IT'S A COINCIDENCE THE KKK LEADERS CALL THEMSELVES WIZARDS? THEM REDNECK BOYS LOVES THEM SOME FINAL FANTASY.

AND ANOTHER THING, WHY THE FUCK THEY CALL THESE GAMES *FINAL* FANTASY ANYWAYS? SHOULDN'T THE FIRST ONE A BEEN THE *LAST* ONE?

GODDAMMIT, THIS IS THE KINDA THING THAT MAKES A MAN JUST WANT TO-

Oh wait, there was a black guy with a machine gun hand in FF7 wasn't there? Man, I loved that game.

Um, well, Never mind me. Go back to your gaming and questing. Pretend I was never here. (Or at least give me a 10 minute head start befo' you call down the 5-O...)

Ok, each character has 3 quikenings, a level 1 a level 2 and a level 3, each quickening takes a number of mist charges = to its level. Each mist charge is your complete MP bar. You can have a total of 3 mist charges. That's why its possible to have 297/99 MP in the game and shit like that. I leveled my whole party, I would just constantly swap characters as I leveled. It's pretty easy to keep everyone even.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

looks like GRIN is making an FF XII sequel...? first ive heard of it, Matsuno's not there anymore so the art style is (sadly) different, but here's what we've got so far (PS3/360):

FORTRESS is the codename of an official, but currently unannounced sequel to FINAL FANTASY XII.

It is an action game set some time after the events of FINAL FANTASY XII: REVENANT WINGS, and is intended for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows platforms.

The project was originally developed by GRIN and supervised by Square Enix, but issues between the two companies led to GRIN going bankrupt and Square Enix reclaiming the project from them.

The project has not been officially announced yet, but its existence is known due to information leaked by former members of the development team and sources in the video game industry.

The Fortress project is still supported by Square Enix and in development at a currently undisclosed studio -- possibly Eidos Montreal, Square Enix's main Western branch.

For more information, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortress_%28Square_Enix%29

For known gameplay and story information, see:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fortress

For an image gallery, including concept art, see:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/C...ortress_Images

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Remake teased!

One of the better Final Fantasy iterations of recent years, that of Final Fantasy XII, may get an updated remake.

At a recent Distant Worlds concert the conductor Arnie Roth revealed that a remake of Final Fantasy XII is going to come out “soon” (shown below).

While Square Enix have yet to comment on this, the game’s original composer Hitoshi Sakimoto was present at the event.

Final Fantasy XII was a very well wrought game but not without its fair share of developmental drama.

Directed by the very well regarded Yasumi Matsuno, he wrote the plot and directed much of the game. However when most of the team left to go to Hironubu Sakaguchi’s Mistwalker it appears that Matsuno was beside himself. Eventually he left the project on account of an ongoing illness.

Much like his work on Vagrant Story, Matsuno brought a huge amount to the development of Final Fantasy XII. So much so that on his departure the remaining team created the Yiazmat boss as a semi-homage to him.

So to have the game updated and remade is an interesting turn of events. While I am not fond of remaking older games, there are a few that genuinely warrant it, with Vagrant Story also being notable.

Despite this announcement we don’t know yet what platforms this remake will surface, nor when it will be released. That said the fact we’re possibly getting a remake at all is definitely good news.

Wow, I didn't know it had the development issues it did. Still I'd definitely be down for an HD remaster or something of this one.

Bah!

Dear friends,

In response to comments posted by fans, I want to rectify a statement made from the stage Saturday night at our Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY concert in Pittsburgh.

Following conversations with composer Hitoshi Sakimoto regarding new concert arrangements of music from FINAL FANTASY XII, regrettably, the term 'remake' was used in error during one of the announcements that took place from the stage during the concert.

We sincerely regret any confusion this has caused.

So who knows what's happening.

better be Zodiac International Edition

What, you don't like to aimlessly unlock new random license tiles?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Finallly!

AND it is based on the Zodiac International Version, with some additional improvements/additions, like improved load times and a re-recorded score (but you can select the original apparently).

I remember I was playing this on my first run PS3 fat. I'm still at the entrance to Giruvegan, and have been meaning to go back and finish the game for the better part of a decade (Christ...). Damned if I know how close I was to finishing, but I supposed I might as well wait for the remaster at this point.

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY
  • Upvote 1

-Background, character model, fonts and all 2D parts are higher resolution

-Movie scenes are higher resolution

-Uses current-gen graphics tech

-7.1 surround sound

-higher quality audio

-Japanese and English voice

-Option between original BGM and newly recorded BGM

-shorter loading time

-auto-save feature

-turbo mode

• 9 months later...

C6lEQnOVsAAhh-W.jpg

Price is set at $49.99.

C6lEAqkU8AAS9F7.jpg

FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE game

Exclusive Judge Magisters Mini Bust Set, featuring busts of Judges Bergan, Drace, Gabranth, Ghis, and Zargabaath (Exclusive to Collector's Edition. Will not be sold separately.)

Soundtrack featuring music from famed composer Hitoshi Sakimoto

Steelbook featuring art exclusive art to the Collector’s Edition

Set of Six Art Cards, featuring Vaan, Ashe, Basch, Fran & Balthier, Penelo and World of Ivalice

Digital code to unlock the original soundtrack background music option in-game

Standard Edition cover art revealed. First print run gets an exclusive reversible coverage.

C6lKB7IU8AAPxXe.jpg