Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Jukebox

The NZA

The grand re-opening of Hondo's Jukebox!

As promised, missarah's other mp3's are now up there:

missarah - "What is this?" (7.9 MB)

"Wishing you were here" (7 MB)

missarah - "Beautiful alone" (3.4 MB)

"Letting go" (3.25 MB)

If you enjoy great dance/house tracks, check out the 1st two there; if you go for Sarah Mclaughlan's haunting vocals, dont pass up those last 2! :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm not updating the Jukebox for a wee bit, as i wanna keep highlight the excellence of missarah's music, but i've got another track that really needs to be shared, and i think a few of you will appreciate it:

Jadakiss featuring Nas & Common - Why (remix).mp3 - 4.6 MB

Very political, but damn interesting, and this is the kinda music i wanna support...if you guys arent ready for Mos Def & Kweli yet, I figure this is a more approachable (and current) track to put out there.

On that note...Ive decided to work on a "Hondo's hip-hop sampler" disc, featuring some intro tracks to the best talents not on the radio. When its done, Ill mail it to whichever members are interested in trying it out, in an effort to put quality out there. Meantime, check out this track, and enjoy!

Well, Common is in there, and as a friend of Mos, i can assure you he wouldnt want his song to make you think you couldnt love him anymore.

There's a thread i made bout the Mighty Mos Def & Talib, got news on his upcoming alubm too.

Good selection Nick, you dissed Styles P tho (he's in the song too). They were giving out these cool "Why" t-shirts at the VMA's, but me and my brother were in the wrong line tho. Got to shake hands with Kiss tho, that was cool.

You should listen to the first Lox album. It's really good, just skip thru the Puffy happy tracks.

Also, if you like Jadakiss, DL some Jae Hood. He's not political or anything like that, but the kid has skills.

Duads - ima look that one up, man, thanks. What'd the shirts look like?

Tussin - ive heard a good part of it; its funny, some reviews were sayin the mixtape he had out with DJ Green Lantern "The Champ is Here", which has a lot of the album's good tracks, was better; they felt the finished album took some shit out for more commercial-friendly tracks...i got the mixtape, gonna listen to more of it soon.

Did you dig the mp3, tussin?

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, it was, prolly why it doesnt see radio play, sadly...

Ok, the Jukebox is updated...missarah's still headlining (for the few who havent heard her skills yet!), and ive added the following tracks for your listening pleasure:

Jadakiss featuring Styles P., Common & Nas - "Why (remix)", (4.6 MB) (now officially on the list)

Talib Kweli - "Get By" (3.5 MB) - if youre not sure if underground or conscious rap is your kind of thing, try Kweli's biggest hit out there, with a tigh beat produced by Kanye West, no less...prolly his only track that's gotten radio play, it's a really amazing song....give it a try, its hard not to like this one.

More stuff gets added later. :D

*COUGHKweli's more underground, and has a new album out, and besides you aint named a mos def track to host yet and by god if you do it better not be "umi says", we shoud at least pick one people need to hear, like the one that i already have on that page by god this is a longCOUGH*

• 2 months later...

In one of the last Maxim mags, they gave Mos Def a shitty review for his last album. *shrugs* I liked him on the Chappelle show. And he's gonna kick ass as Ford Prefect in the upcoming Hitchhkers Guide to the Galaxy movie. Plus his birth name is Dante so the guy is all gravy in my book.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived