Hondo's Bar

**Favorite Movie Lines**

Well, I've seen many movies and there is always a line/lines in movies that you just can't get it out of your head...or...that you just love :D what they said cause it was cool :D even meaningful sometimes....

Anyways :sly: here goes one of mine of course thing less than:

godf.jpg

"If you'd come to me in friendship, then this scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you."

- Corleone aka The Godfather

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope we're allowed post loads, there's no way I could work out my favorite line of all time! Here's a couple:

"It's not a monster movie, it's a supernatural thriller!" - Ed Wood

"I feel portraits and smell landscapes!" - Pecker

First ones that came to mind, you probably need to know the films tho to get them. ???

Here's a speech I always liked from The Third Man.  After Welles makes what's arguebly the best entrance ever filmed, he says this when the main character catches up to him.

"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Like KoS I think I'm gonna havta pop in loads.

Big Lebowski:

"I'm not Lebowski, your Mr Lebowski. I'm the Dude, or Duder or you know El Duderino if your not into the whole brevity thing".

Pi:

"My new Hypothesis: If we're built from Spirals while living in a giant Spiral, then is it possible that everything we put our hands to is infused with the Spiral?"

The Coens have some fantastic lines:

"We're in a tight spot!" - O Brother Where Art Thou

"You know, for kids!" - The Hudsucker Proxy

"You are entering a world of pain!" - The Big Lebowski

I'll think of more later but here's another one...

"Pull your tongue out of my arse! Dogs do that. You're not a dog, are you?" - Snatch

No Kevin smith films yet? Those movies are all dialogue! Anyway, there's my quote below, or course. There's "We have something in common. We both eat Chinese." There's "Don't you have jobs to go to? Go commute you bunch of easily led automatons! Try thinking for yourselves before you pelt an innocent man with cigarettes!" There's "Mary gave birth to Christ without feeling the touch of a man, that's a leap of faith. But to believe that Joseph would have stuck around all those years if he wasn't getting laid, we that's just plain gulliblity!" There's "Archie is NOT havig sex with Mr Weatherbean! He's just asking him for help with his homework! - Read between the lines bitch!" There's "What's a Nubian?" There's "I've had my finger up my ass, I wouldn't say I've had anal sex." Too many. I guess I'll leave it at that.

"Ned Pepper, I intend to bring you in or see you hang at the judge's convenience. Which'll it be?"

"I call that bold talk from a one-eyed fat man!"

*taken aback, grabs winchester in one hand, colt in the other*

"..fill your hand, you sonofabitch!" *puts horse's reins in his teeh & comes chargin, guns blazin.

- The Duke, True Grit

"...drunken piano player.  Yer so drunk, you cant hit nothin.  In fact, youre prolly seein' double..."

"I have two guns." *draws & cocks barrel* "...one for each of ya."

- Doc Holiday, Tombstone

"Two kinds've people in this world, Tuco.  Those with loaded guns, and those who dig"

*draws, tosses shovel with other hand*

"..you dig."

- The Man With No Name, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Here's a few from "On the Waterfront," which probably has some of the best dialogue and acting ever filmed.

"Some people think the Crucifixion only took place on Calvary."

Father Barry

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley."

"Hey, you wanna hear my philosophy of life? Do it to him before he does it to you.

- Terry Malloy

Have to post a few from (in my opinion) the best movie ever made.

"The horror....the horror..."

"If they had seen what Kurtz become, would they want me to kill him? More than ever probably..."

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning.."

- Apocalypse Now

Btw, if your a fan (or not) and haven't seen the Redux version with 50 mins extra, go to the video shop NOW and get it

Its amazing!

Supposedly Coppola might even release more versions, lots of extra material that hasn't been put in. Goddamn, by the time he finishes with it it'll probably be a 10 hour movie or something :approve:

Heh...beat SOF to the punch!

Since someone mentioned the movie anyway...

"...you thought you smelled some good ol' pussy here.  But there's no pussy here, mate. Just a hard one that'll make you wish you were born a woman."

snatch4.jpg

*Suggested by DA8 over on Preacher's*

"You gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?"

- Resevoir Dogs

Bunch of great quotes from my personal favorite movie of all time...

Hadley: What is your malfunction, you fat barrel of monkey spunk?

Red: Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

Red: I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are better left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful it can't expressed in words, and it makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream. It was as if some beautiful bird had flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free.

Red: I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope...

Andy Dufresne: Yeah. The funny thing is - on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook.

Andy Dufrense:  Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

Andy Dufrense: Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Completely forgot about that movie. Woulda almost made it into my top ten movies if I'd remembered.

Coolest thing I found for quite cheap was an original movie poster for "The Shawshank Redemption" which is hanging framed on my wall, with the tagline "Fear can hold you prisoner. Hope can set you free", and Andy Dufresne looking to the heavens in the rain. Beautiful.

"Say hello to my little friend". Scarface

"When you die your hair keeps on growing for a while. The question is, when does hair know its dead?" The Man Who Wasn't There

"Don't ever be someones slogan for you are poetry" Sandra Bullock 28 days

"Are you speaking to me..? well write it down put it in an evelope lick it and seal it then send it to someone that cares"

Something to talk about

"Maralyn Manson, ya, Satan called said he wants his face back and your videos are giving him nightmares."-David Spade

Pulp Fiction

Jules:

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you." I been sayin' that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ass. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before you popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me think twice. Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be a shepherd."

god I love this movie

smpulp.jpg

:D

So, I know everyone has these cool lines, but I am going to include a real stupid line that to me is incredibly funny. You see, a couple of weeks ago I went to the movies with a couple of friends. Included in the previews was a movie called "Undercover Brother". It seemed kinda dumb, but when Eddie Grifiths character uttered thsi particular line, I almost died. It was one of the most stupidest lines I have ever heard, but whenever I think about it, I crack up. So here it goes:

"You touch the fro, you gots to go"

-Undercover Brother-

Haha, Office Space rules.

"We see you've been missing a lot olf work lately."

"I wouldn't say I've been missing it Bob".

IC, do you know if its available of video anywhere? I've been searching for it but the only way to buy it ia as a rental video for a ridiculous price.