Hondo's Bar

**Favorite Movie Lines**

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of overquoted stuff, here's a great one, thing that gets me is that everyone quotes it and few know what movie it's from.  Well it's form network, a brilliant movie about the media and how television controls the populace.  This also ranks pretty high on the list of best monologues.

Howard Beale:

I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad. (shouting) You've got to say, 'I'm a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!...You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!'

Heh, a classic. Granted, I never knew the ENTIRE speech whenever I quoted it, but at least I knew the movie.

And now a few from an ill-fated cartoon series.

"Who is driving? Oh my god, bear is driving, how can that be?"

Randal: Do you think Phantom Menace is as good a movie as Empire?

Lucas: Well, certainly, I, uh, I think it's the best movie I've made yet.

Randal: Permission to treat this witness as hostile. Mr. Lucas, how do you explain that in Star Wars Obi-Wan tells Luke that when he met his father he was a great pilot, but in Menace he's just a little kid?

Lucas: Well, uh, my kids thought...

Randal: And how come Obi-Wan tells Luke that Yoda is the Jedi that trained him, but in the movie Liam Neeson trains him?

Lucas: Um, well, the power of myth...

Randal: Isn't it true you knew this was a bad movie, that you wrote it over a weekend but told people you had it written for years!

Lawyer: Objection! The pod race was pretty cool...

Randal: No further questions, your honor. (to Lucas) I want my eight bucks back.

What was the deal with Hook?!

Why is he called Silent Bob anyway?

Jay: Hi kids, I'm Jay!

Silent Bob: And I'm Silent Bob!

Charles Barkley: And I'm Charles Barkley!

Jay: I though we todl you to gt outta here, Barkley!

(Charles Barkley walks away with head down in shame)

I so wish that series would have gotten teh support it needed to break through. They could have at LEAST aired all the episodes they had made. Damn ABC!

Yeah, fuck ABC. Fuck them up their stupid asses.

Jay: (Pointing to Leonardo Tower) That looks like a big bong! (Pointing to a dog that walks by) Hey, wait a second, that looks like a big bong, too!

And since I watched the movie again, last night...

Eddie: I'm through with takin' falls

And bouncing off the walls

Without that gun

I'd have some fun

I'd kick you in the...

Roger: Nose!

Weasel: Nose? But dat don't rhyme with "walls".

Eddie: No, but this does! (kick)

Weasel: Aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiieeeeeee!!!

More from shawshank, words can't express how much I like this movie...

Andy:  That's the beauty of music. They can't get that from you. Haven't you ever felt that way about music?...Here's where it makes the most sense. We need it so we don't forget...that there are places in the world that aren't made out of stone, that there's, there's somethin' inside that they can't get to, that they can't touch. It's yours.

Red:  I find I am so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Watchin it again now.

Warden: I believe in two things - discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.

Heywood: "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexander...Dum-ass. Hehe, "dumb ass"!

Andy: Let me see that. It's Dumas. You ever read that? You'd like it, it's about a prison break.

Red: Oh, well, perhaps we should file that under "educational", too!

(slightly misquoted, but I got the point across)

From Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Car Rental Agent: Welcome to Marathon, may I help you?

Neal Page: Yes!

Car Rental Agent: How may I help you?

Neal Page: You can start by wiping that fucking dumb-ass smile off your rosy fucking cheeks. And you can give a fucking automobile. A fucking Buick, a fucking Datson, a fucking Toyota . . four fucking wheels and a seat!

Car Rental Agent: I really don't care for the way you're speaking to me.

Neal Page: And I really don't care for the way your company left me in the middle of fucking nowhere with fucking keys to a fucking car that isn't fucking there. And I really didn't care to fucking walk down a fucking highway and across a fucking runway to get back here to have you smile at my fucking face. I want a fucking car RIGHT FUCKING NOW!

Car Rental Agent: May I see your rental agreement.

Neal Page: I threw it away.

Car Rental Agent: Oh boy.

Neal Page: Oh boy what?

Car Rental Agent: You're fucked!

From Planes, Trains & Automobiles

You're no saint, you get a free cab you get a free room, and someone who'll listen to your boring stories. Didn't you notice on the plane when you started talking, eventually I started reading the vomit bag? Didn't that give you some sort of clue, like this guy's not enjoying it. You say things which are funny or mildly amusing or interesting. You're a miricle. Your stories have none of that, there not even amusing accidentally. Hey, honey, I'd like you to meet Dale Griffith, shower curtain ring guy, he's got got some amusing anicdotes for you, oh here's a gun so you can blow you're brains out, you'll thank me for it. It's like going on a date with a chaddy cathy doll, I'd expect you to have a string so I'd pull it out and snap back, except I wouldn't pull it out and snap it back, you would! BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH. You know next time you tell one of you're stories, here's a good idea have a point it makes it so much more interesting for the listener.

A few lines from citizen kane, a truly great movie, not just some artsy thing that film students watch that noone else would get.

Bernstein: Old age. It's the only disease, Mr. Thompson, that you don't look forward to being cured of.

Emily: He happens to be the President, Charles, not you.

Charles Foster Kane: That's a mistake that will be corrected one of these days.

Bernstein: A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl.

"Back in the day, people used to call me 'Sexy Randall the Pharoah Wizard.'"

"No they didn't."

*flashesback to Randall playin game, some random gay kid behind him*

"Go sexy Randall, the Pharoah Wizard!"

*mob chases kid down*

- Clerks: The Animated Series

Eh, ya had to be there i guess.  ??? I loved that part tho.

Jay: Let's go, Silent Bob. I want to get in line for that Caitlin chick's kissing booth.

Dante: What? Caitlin has a kissing booth? Like, for charity?

Jay: Yeah, only it don't cost nothing.

(Poking his head back in) Jay: And it's not for charity.

(Poking his head back in) Jay: And there's no booth...

(Poking his head back in) Jay: And it's more than just kissing...

(Poking his head back in) Jay: And you don't hafta be a guy...

(Poking his head back in after a long pause) Jay: Dude, she's cheating on you...

Randal: So much for "Dante and Caitlin 2: Electric Boogaloo"

Dante: I think I hate her.

Randal: You know what I hate? Soccer. Hockey is so much better.

Dante: What does that have to do with Caitlin?

Randal: Everything. Like it's so stupid how they use nets in soccer.

Dante: Hockey uses nets.

Randal: Yeah, but in soccer, the object is to get the ball past a "goalie". It's so dumb.

Dante: There are goalies in hockey, too!

Randal: ........Dude, Caitlin's cheating on you.

Ok, so yeah, that one you probably gotta see to find funny, too...

Wish I coulda seen the rest of this one today, I forgot how much I liked it.... the music at the end kills me no matter how many times I see it  :scared:

Mr. Boggs: Sweetheart, you can't buy the necessities of life with cookies.  You can't buy a car with cookies, isn't that right, Jim?

Jim:  Yes, that's right sir, you can't buy a car with cookies.

Kim : Hold me.

Edward Scissorhands: I can't.

Training day

Alonzo: This shit's chess, it ain't checkers

Alonzo: I'm the reason they build prisons!

God dammit, second time in a row I can't finish a fuckin movie... this is getting to be a habit, what I saw of it was great tho, I'll finish it off tomorrow...

• 3 weeks later...

Louis: What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?

Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.

Louis: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.

Rick: I was misinformed.

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Louis: I'm shocked - shocked - to find that gambling is going on in here!

Croupier: Your winnings, sir...

Louis: Oh, thankyou very much. Everybody out at once!

Rick: You understand how I feel... How long was it we had, honey?

Ilsa: I didn't count the days...

Rick: Well I did. Everyone of them. Mostly I remember the last one - a wild finish - a guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look on his face because his insides have been kicked out.

Ilsa: May I tell you a story, Rick?

Rick: Has it got a wild finish?

Ilsa: I don't know the finish, yet.

Rick: Go on, tell it, maybe one will come to you as you go along...