Hondo's Bar

**Favorite Movie Lines**

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I got two things in this world: my word and my balls.  And i dont break em for nobody."

Heh, I think that's the fourth time you've put that one in this thread, IC. :D

"You know how I was supposed to feel. That person isn't me, never was. You wanted to know what it is about us that makes us human. Well you're not gonna find it ::points to forehead:: in here. You went looking in the wrong place."

-John Murdoch, Dark City

And I'm sorry. This isn't a quote, it's a conversation, but I just couldn't pick.

Clerk: We call this piece the Fecalator. One look at it and the target shits him or herself.

Loki: Well it's a lot more compact than the flaming sword, but it's not nearly as impressive! It just doesn't have that "wrath of the Almighty edge to it". I mean, how am I supposed to strike fear into the hearts of the wicked with this thing? Look at this.

Bartleby: Well, then, you know what, don't use a gun. Just lay the place to waste like.

Loki: Easy for you to say. You get off light in a razing. You got to stand there and read at Sodom and Gamorreh, I had to do all the work.

Bartleby: What work did you do? You lit a few fires!

Loki: I rained down sulphur, man, there's a subtle difference.

Bartleby: Oh yeah I'm sure.

Loki: Hey fuck you, man, any moron with a pack of matches can start a fire. Raining down sulphur is like an endurance trial. Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in...next to soccer.

And another favorite.

Holden: Aw, come on! That's a bunch of horseshit! Lando Calrissian was a black guy! He got to fly the Millenium Falcon, what's the matter with you?

Hooper: Who said that?

Holden: I did! Lando Calrissian is a positive role model in the realm of science fiction/fantasy.

Hooper: Fuck Lando Calrissian, Uncle Tom nigger! Always some white boy gotta go and invoke the holy trilogy. Bust this! Those movies are about how the white man keeps the brother man down...even in a galaxy far far away. Check this shit! You got cracka farm boy, Luke Skywalker, Nazi poster boy, blond hair blue eyes. And then you got Darth Vader, the blackest brother in the galaxy, nubian god!

Banky: What's a nubian?

Hooper: Shut the fuck up! Now, Vader's a spiritual brother, down with the Force and all that good shit. Then this cracker, Skywalker, gets his hands on a lightsaber and the boy decides he's gonna run the motherfuckin' universe. Gets a whole klan of whites together, and they go an' bust up Vader's hood, the Death Star. Now what the fuck do you call that?

Banky: Intergalactic civil war?

Hooper: Gentrification! They gonna drive out the black element to make the galaxy quote un-quote "safe" for white folks. And Jedi is the most insulting installment! Because Vader's beautiful black visage is sullied when he pulls of his mask to reveal a feeble crusty old white man! They tryin' to tell us that deep inside we all wants to be white!

Banky: ......well isn't that true?

"Black Rage!" hah...yeah overall one of Smith's best but that's the scene that seems to get everyone i show it to interested - god knows seeing Mike Allred talk about "I just dont see Chow Yun as Madman..." doesnt do it for the non-comic folk. ???

Ah screw it, we don't have a Kevin Smith line thread yet, so I'll just keep going in here.

Bartleby: Y'know, maybe you're wrong about this whole slaughter thing. How can you be sure what incurs the Lord's wrath these days? Times have changed. I remember when eating meat on a Friday was supposed to be a Hell-worthy trespass.

Loki: The major sins never change. Besides, you know, I can spot a commandment breaker from like a mile away. Oh bet on it.

Bartleby: Bet on it. This coming from the guy who still owes me ten bucks over that bet about which was gonna be a better movie - ET or Krush Groove?

Loki: Hey fuck you, cause time is gonna tell on that one. What, are you insinuating that I don't have what it takes anymore?

Bartleby: Insinuating? No. Flat-out telling you.

Loki: Right there, right there, there's one.

Bartleby: So? They're kissing.

Loki: Adultry.

Bartleby: Adultry?

Loki: Adultry!

Bartleby: You really are just a simple creature.

Loki: Well, am I right or what?

Bartleby: Well I happen to know the truth, but I'm not gonna tell you, I want to see how boned up on the job you are. What's your proof?

Loki: He's wearing a wedding band.

Bartleby: And it never occurred to you that maybe she's his wife?

Loki: No married man kisses his wife like that!

Bartleby: Ok, well, it's a good thing that you were never the deciding member of a jury is all I'm saying. 'No married man kisses his wife like that', are you stoned?

Loki: Excuse me! Are you married?

Passenger: Why?

Loki: Well I'm just curious.

Passenger: (showing wedding ring) What do you think?

Loki: To her?

Passenger: What?!

Loki: Are you married to her?

Passenger: Not that it's any your fucking business, but no! Why?

(Loki blows the passenger's head off)

Loki: The Apostle is here!

Bartleby: I noticed!

Loki: Well then you know who the chick with him was, don't you!

Bartleby: The Scion, I imagine!

Loki: Shit, man, well look, I mean maybe we should re-think this whole thing. I mean, you heard the guy. He said there are consequences. And Azrael tells us we're marked. Look man, there is more to this than we thought about.

Bartleby: I was close, you know? I was so close to just slitting that bitch's throat. And you know how I felt? Righteous. Justified. Eager, even!

Loki: Are you alright, man? Your eyes are kinda-

Bartleby: My eyes are open! For the first time I get it! When that little innocent girl let her mission slip I had an epiphany. See in the beginning it was just us and Him, angels and God. Then He created humans. Ours was designed to be a life of servitude and worship and bowing and scraping and adoration. He gave them more than He ever gave us! He gave them a choice! They choose to acknowledge God or choose to ignore Him. All this time we've been down here I've felt the absence of the divine presence. And it's pained me, as I'm sure it must have pained you. And why? Because of the way He made us! Had we been given free will we could choose to ignore the pain like they do, but no, we're servants!

Loki: Ok, you know, all I'm saying here is I that one of us might need a little nap.

Bartleby: Wake up! These humans have besmirched everything He's bestowed upon them. They were given paradise, they threw it away. They were given this planet, they destroyed it. They were favored best among all His endeavours and some of them don't even believe He exists. And in spite of it all, He has shown them infinite fucking patience at every turn. What about us? I asked you, once, to lay down the sword because I felt sorry for them. What was the result? Our expulsion from paradise. Where was His infinite fucking patience then?! It's not right! It's not fair! We've paid our debt. Don't you think it's time? Don't you think it's time we went home? And to do that I think we may have to dispatch our would-be dispatchers.

Loki: Wait, waitwait, kill them? You're talking about the Last Scion, for Christsakes. And what about Jay and Bob? I mean those guys were alright.

Bartleby: Don't. Don't, my friend. See, don't let your sympathies get the best of you. They did me, once. Scion or not, she's just a human. And by passing through that arch our sins are forgiven, no harm, no foul.

Loki: My god. I've heard a rant like this before.

Bartleby: What did you say?

Loki: I've heard a rant like this before.

Bartleby: Don't you fucking do that to me.

Loki: You sound like the Morning Star.

Bartleby: You shut your fucking mouth!

Loki: You do! You sound like Lucifer, man! You've fucking lost it! You're not talking about going home, Bartleby, you're talking about fucking war on God! Well fuck that! I have seen what happens to the proud when they take on the throne. I'm going back to Wisconsin.

Bartleby: We're going home, Loki! And no one. not you, not even the Almighty Himself is going to make that otherwise.

Loki: ...shit

Yeaaaah, that's right, a little bit to the left now....oh! whaaaats hapening....did you finish those PCB reports for me yet? Cause that'd be greeeeeat..."

I always dug

"my...m-m-my red...red stapler...I could..i could...burn the whole place..."

Thought it was TPS reports :D

That film has too many lines, cult classic.

Samir: Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to god, one of these days I, I ... just kick this piece of shit out the window.

Michael Bolton: You and me both man, that thing is lucky I’m not armed.

No kiddin'. I swear, before my dear friend Jeffrey left (after his "six months 'til I find a better job" that turned out to be three years), the two of us were like the three of them. Had he been there any longer, we might've figured out some plan to leave there rich...hell, my job pays everyone's salaries, overhead, plus (according to our modest estimate) 'round $39 grand a month to Mr. Publisher over there and his wife. While the rest of us suffer, the Pub himself has the gall to write a column on whether he and the Missus'll go to Bermuda for their next anniversary or not! Not to mention the brand-new color press that'll only lose us money 'cause we don't survive on circulation, anyway, and no advertisers are gonna pay the through-the-roof prices for full-color ads... Jeff 'n' I were two pissed-off employees!!!

'N' ta think, he was stuck there with a history degree and certification to teach--and we're in need of teachers--makin' less than I am...I'm glad and proud he got out! (Miss his wry, cynical sense of humor and the company, though, even if he is a Republican (only 'cause the Confederate "party" doesn't exist anymore...)... ;)

See what happens when ya get me thinkin' about work?!?!?! See, it does perpetually pervade my brain...this sucks...

Okay, every time I call Tangent Man's name, he neglects his duties, so I'm assuming I won't get burned for my little rant that belongs elsewhere...

:D

Seth: Do you have a cross?

Jacob: In the Winnebago.

Seth: In other words, no.

Scott Fuller: What are you talking about? We got crosses all over the place. All you gotta do is put two sticks together and you got a cross.

Sex Machine: He's right. Peter Cushing does that all the time.

(From Dusk till Dawn)

I had to add this in;

GIB: You know, I've never met anyone like you before. Usually when I meet someone new I feel awkward and shy. But with you it's different. I can talk to you. You know what I'm thinking without my having to explain to you in fancy terms. We speak each other's unspoken language... fluently. I love you.

Smoothest line ever....

(The Sure Thing)

• 3 weeks later...

"... iiihizzz not ahh TUMOR!" - kindergarten cop

"rambo is a pussy" - tango and cash

"not a white collar resort prison, a federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison!!" - office space

"where's the beef?" - wendy's commercial

"no and then!!" - dude, where's my car