Hondo's Bar

Ernest: the opus

The NZA

Which one, Vern?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is gonna be very hard on guys like 2T, but it was only a matter of time.

Which of Ernest P. Worrell's introspective masterpieces makes you soar?

Yes, astute fans will notice i left out such TV bits as "Hey Vern, win $10,000" and "Hey Vern, its my family album". Also, the epic Ernest film festivals were mostly greatest hits sessions, with mild commentary in between.

I implore my fellow Hondonians to give this one some thought; dont callously vote for "goes to Camp" because of childhood memories, or it being your first exposure to Kentucky shakespeare; truly see each one as a sepereate entity, and rate them on character development, plot, and of course, Ernest's big heart, which is roughly a 1.3 miles wide, god bless him.

will he ever catch that squirrel..?

• 2 weeks later...
It's like trying to choose between my children. Fuck you!

What's so hard about that?

Peter: Okay, okay, here's another riddle. A woman has two children. Now a homocidal maniac tells her she can only keep one. Which one does she let him kill?

Brian: That's not a riddle. That's just terrible.

Peter: Wrong! The ugly one!

• 2 years later...

Ernest Scared Stupid is, was, and will always be my favorite. It was the most interesting plot, made the most use out of Jim Varney's many characterizations, and it was the film that got me into horror movies. Even now when I watch it I enjoy it, it's one I would definately purchase if I could find it. Though I agree they need to put out a boxed set and include Ernest the Pirate in it, I understand they were almost done filming when he died. They pulled it off with Brandon Lee in the Crow.

Archived