Hondo's Bar

The 2nd Annual Hondo Awards

Da Cap'n

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....so, we're maybe a few hours off of Da Cap'n closing off the awards. Ive had some fun here & there, but i guess i should say a few quick things:

1) i really wanted to see the awards more spread out this year, and i think that happend, which is cool.

2) im sorry it didnt go down like last year. Cap'n planned the crap out of it, and really tried to involve everyone, but somewhere along the lines, things got heated here & there - and i dig the tension - but there was multiple accusations of vote tampering and such.

I admit, i campaigned for Heartless quite a bit; i think she's quite pretty, and wanted her to have an award. Ive nothin against missarah - im a fan - but she's already got 3 under her belt, and had a shot at other ballots too. After i thought she wanst being very sporting & took it too seriously, i started callin in favors from lesser-known hondonians, as did she, as did several others in other polls. At no point was it really about who was hottest/etc as much as who wanted to win more, and i get that's what its kinda about, but it wasnt the lighthearted thing it was last year, and i apologize for that, cause im guilty as well.

Again, i still had a lot of fun, but i hope next year's competition will be a lot friendlier & in good taste. The goal this year was to get more people involved, next year i guess we'll push for sportsmanship all around.

Regardless, weve got some ties to settle, if they stay this way:

Hondo's hottest dude

Hondo's Villian

Best Avatar (?)

...and those are the only ones i see right off the bat.

Hottest chick might tie up again, but i think Heartless might be pulling out from that one, not sure. Anyway, its up to Da Cap'n to determine these things, ill just lock em down when he says so. Thanks to everyone for participating, let's all shake & congratulate each other when it's time.

Its done; theyre all locked down & moved to the pubs now. 3 tie breakers going for the next 48 hours, best of luck to everyone!

On a side note - i know its a bit unorthodox, but....id really like Cap'n to take Hondo's MVP. Neither of us campaigned for it, it didnt get enough votes, and i barely took it, but let's be honest: ive been here since this thing started. 10,000+ opinions later, im often just linking or cutting & pasting articles.

Cap'n comes back and gets these awards going, shit hits the fan. He puts in a lot more effort than i do lately, and this place is generally more awesome having him around. If its ok, I'd really like to present him with the award, cause i think he deserves it.

I admit, i campaigned for Heartless quite a bit; i think she's quite pretty, and wanted her to have an award. Ive nothin against missarah - im a fan - but she's already got 3 under her belt, and had a shot at other ballots too. After i thought she wanst being very sporting & took it too seriously

WHAT!!! that is bs! i never lost sleep over this and i never took it too seriously! please i have to many other things to worry about than f'n hondos awards!

and if i wasnt being very "sporting" im sorry i didnt see it that way! All i did was make a comment about u campaing for HB, i have nothing against her she is pretty i dont understand why im catching crap when there were MANY others who took this WAYYYY more serious than me! Yes i did get into it but it turned into more of a compition with Irish than anything else! hmpf! I do not i repeat do not want the title, Hb won its insulting that it would even be offered to me!

Panch u did an excellent job! Im sorry we all ruined it!

Thanks Nick for postin' all the stuff I was too tired to post this morning! The awards aren't done, but hopefully these tie-breakers go out without a hitch! Then we can be done once and for all! I agree, to a certain extent, that these awards was good cause it did start up controversy and shit, but they are NOT what I invisioned for my awards! Oh well! I am gonna step down as the "awards guy" and am not gonna be a part of it next year! I've read that Jax showed interest in running it, but it's utimately up to Nick and I who I'll pass this (bearly lit) torch too! I MIGHT come back next year, but it's gonna have to take ALOT of asskissin' and blowin' smoke to get me back!! SO GET STARTED!!! Just kidding!

To Kara: I love you, girl and you are the most talented on the board over all, but you have to understand that (like Nick said) I wanted the awards to be spread around!! You where a shoe in for some others and I believe that Silent Bob deserved his just due too! It really was a tough one, but I really wanted to see him win! I'm being really honest and I hope you're not mad at me!! I love you!!

To Vagrant: I am creating a last minute award JUST for you ol' buddy!! And the award for Biggest Jackass goes to ... THE VAGRANT!!! Jax, get on this kid's banner will ya!

No need to fear...I could never be mad at my Panchyroo..well I'm sure I COULD but it would take ALOT and even then it probably wouldn't last long :ohface:

I'm really sorry that the awards weren't fun for you because you worked so hard on them...you deserved the fun pay off....So for that-the controversy, angst, ups, downs, and strife weren't worth it....but it did get the board moving and kept things interesting! I'm hoping that no one holds a grudge or has some lifelong memory of their time being insulted or whatever during the awards...it's really not worth all that!

It's just good ole competition-which is the only reason I get a lil short fused-because I like to think at our age we'd be good at handling it but it goes to show that it's human nature that overall within a large group--it's hard to manage actual good clean fun based competition.....i guess also in an atmosphere like this there's something to be said for the other elements that I don't see as competition-like spreading around awards...guess that's good for all ages at certain times. Just see it through the medal mindset...if you win one it doesn't affect other or future outcomes. I shall now retire my thoughts on awards! Movin on to bigger better things!

we need dante, MH & others to get ready with the award banners....again, i gots ideas, but i wanna see what they got too.

(for instance, for most unknown, what about some guy way inna back of a room with a "my name is" sticker, tryin to get attention and shit?)

also, since there's been no opposition, im declaring Pancho Hondo's Most Valuable Poster! Congrats m'man!

That's really nice of you Nick, but you do have opposition... ME!! I can't accept that award, cause you won it fair and square! I know that may bother you, but I'm still that master of THESE awards and my word is final! If you don't wanna put your banner award up, than that's on you, man! Next year I should be a shoe in and we'll see if all of Hondo's agrees... untill then... congrats on your award! I have spoken!

blah blah thanks man, my very soul was hinging on that goddamn award, and i wouldve had it if i wasnt busy raising a kid, you selfish fuck!!!!  now its MINE, ALL MINE!!!!!!

your my boy the nick, and spider-man will always suck compared to wolverine!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps im no ariel

im glad you accept, :ohface: , anythin to make your day a bit brighter. You really did earn it! enjoy buddy!

Hi, my name is Nick Wat... I mean, Custer and I'm soooo glad I won this award that I soooo deserve of Most Valuable Poster!  I'd like to thank allllll my friends on Hondo's Bar that helped me win this award!  I'd like to specially thank Spider-Man, cause he's way cooler than Wolverine!  Now would everyone bow thier heads for my late friend Panch who killed himself with a curling iron, because it was too much for him to bear losing this award..............  Thank you!  Now, I invite everyone to my after party right after the show where I'm going to the site where Panch is burried, cause I'm gonna go piss on his grave!!

Awww, thanks for the mention Nick! Enjoy being the coolest dude on Hondo's!

I'll be posting banners I come up with here. Also, I've complied this list from all the polls, for you one-stop guide to the winners:

Most Talented - Silent Bob

Best Couple - WhoDey/Karaswims

Hottest Chick - Heartlessbitch

Best Signature - Jack's Meandering Thoughts

Best Looking Dude - PENDING

Smartest Hondonian - Defgoddess

Most Underrated - BaKa_nO_kUrO_nEkO

Hondo's Hacker - dante

Hondo's Villian - Jack's Meandering Thoughts

Best Thread - Story Challenge

Most Valuable Poster - Which ever bitch gets tired of declining it first

Most Missed - 2track

Nicest Hondonian - MetalHeart

Rookie of the Year - KaraSwims

Best Avatar - Irish Cowbitch?*

Most Obsessed - WhoDey (Poker)

Funniest Hondonian - Skeeter

*Panch, in the last post in this poll before you locked it, you implied it was a tie. But you didn't make a tie-breaker and Nick had one more vote, so I'm guessing it actualy wasn't a tie.

To Vagrant:  I am creating a last minute award JUST for you ol' buddy!!  And the award for Biggest Jackass goes to ... THE VAGRANT!!!  Jax, get on this kid's banner will ya!

I'm touched! But Jax my boy, ya gotta make this banner special.

Archived