Hondo's Bar

Toy Box Blargh!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9USEtUDgydw?version=3"><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9USEtUDgydw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9USEtUDgydw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

• Upvote 1

"after a while, those guys kept sending designs over, and we thought: are they high or something?"

kind depressing to see them fight over rights (not to say that this wouldn't be the same if comics started late enough for film, natch), but yeah, this was crazy interesting.

the occult thing hit home for me...wow. story for another time, but hearing the various creators discuss it (with greed!) blew my mind.

I know! I always thought it was just a blatant rip-off of Conan. That's the rumor/story I always heard--they wanted to make Conan toys based of the Shwarzenegger(sp?) film but couldn't get the license , so they just made up their own dude. This looks like a fascinating doc.

And I had no idea about this occult shit. Damn, it's like those crack-pots that won't let their kids read Harry Potter b/c it promotes the occult :sarcasm:

• 2 months later...

Is that movie or whatever they're calling the new Superman? The physic's pretty goddamned tight. A fairly barrel chest on an otherwise lithe form, as it should be. Just unsure if the suit comes together like a jigaw or is beamed down from satellite ala Centurions.

• 7 months later...

All of you wishing for Stan Lee, Josh Whedon and, um, Harry Knowles & Morgan Spurlock to be immortalized as Heroclix figs have just had your wishes granted...

Available this July for a limited North American brick and mortar store release, this exclusive DVD and HeroClix combo pack will contain four HeroClix figures not found anywhere else, and a Region 1 coded DVD (United States, Canada, Bermuda, and U.S. Territories only!).

The four HeroClix figures included in this exclusive combo-pack represent key figures who helped make this movie possible: (click on images to enlarge)

Stan Lee:

001-stan-lee-1024x536.jpg

Morgan Spurlock:

003-morgan-spurlock-1024x536.jpg

Joss Whedon:

002-joss-whedon1-1024x536.jpg

Harry Knowles:

004-harry-knowles-1024x536.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If memory serves (mine is in my parent's attic and missing many pieces) this new version is basically a scaled-up (to fit the newer, larger scaled figures) version of the original with way more sculpt detailing. I remember that ugly orange elevator, the laser cannon on the turret, and the orange chair quite vividly from my original set. Also, the new version looks to have play features on the exterior side piece of the castle. I'm pretty sure the original castle was just a solid piece of plastic on the outside. If I was in to collecting the new MOTU figs this would be a definite buy as it's an ultimate display piece for collectors. Probably gonna retail around $300-500 I'd imagine.

how can you leave something like that in your attic

yeah, it's all a lot prettier, i think you're right. and i wanted to say your price seemed high but a recent trip to TRU says you're prolly right on the money...when they reopened out here recently, they had this repackaged millineum falcon (80's packaging and all!), newt was all over it till we saw the price pretty much in that ballpark