Hondo's Bar

Toy Box Blargh!

I know. I know. All my big 80s toys are still up there--GI Joe vehicles and such. No room in my place though. I need to sell some stuff to clear some room. Ok, a lot of stuff.

I saw the same Millennium Falcon and had the same reaction. It was so big it wasn't even on a shelf; it was just sitting on the floor, mocking me w/ it's size and price tag. I've got the scaled down LEGO version though, so that will have to keep me content. :???:

Also, there is a lot of cool stuff coming out in 2013. Toy Fair 2013 is this week, and the pics are making my bank account weep. 1960s Batman figures (finally!), LEGO Lone Ranger, new GI Joes (both film and classic versions), new Star Trek, and Walking Dead (Carl!).

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Recently I've been in a collecting mood, which is dangerous. I'm gonna try and reign it in til we get a bigger apartment, and have a proper place to put all this crap, but window shopping on Amazon is making it hard. Some of those prices are a bit much, and I doubt I get a lot of those, but those TMNT figures and that Predator look fucking sexy.

5aQFWUS.jpg

AKB4oc9.jpg

I'm in the same boat. I've hit tilt on capacity in my apartment. I have some toys n' movies sitting in a corner 'cuz they're overflow. LOL - I've officially run out of space.

Gonna have to box-up some stuff n' stick 'em in the closet until I get a bigger place. Spent the weekend shuffling things around.

Considering boxing up all my Star Wars EU stuff (not the figures n' busts - the literature) - it's a lot of stuff and honestly, it's hard to walk by and it'd free up a lot of space. I thumbed through the Encyclopedia and remember how much time I've spent reading everything a thousand times over...and then...how the 40 years of EU has been torched. I got a crap load of TPBs, novels, all the 'Essential Guides', Visual Dictionaries, about (counts) 48 issues of the bi-monthly Star Wars Insider (all store-bought)...I was really invested in this universe. Not so much the post ROTJ stuff, but everything leading up the end of the last film.

Part of the appeal for me was that it was all connected - sure it had it's eventual contradictions - but the vast majority of it had an 'effort to keep it connected'. The pride n' joy of my collection has been bitter to even glance at.

Think it's time I...set it aside. I do need the space...plus, those Henson TMNT figures are gonna need some breathing room!

darth-vader-pyre.gif

• 4 weeks later...

So I decided to spruce up the desk using the toys I've drug with me everywhere and never done anything with. Here's the long shot:

Uwx15wX.jpg

And here's some close-ups:

stQVqqm.jpg

k55Noev.jpg

fZUJ6Bj.jpg

Left to right is: Jonah Hex, Deathstroke, Black Costume Spider-Man, Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch), Etrigan the Demon, Spider-Monster, Azrael, tiny little Cobra Commander, Megaman, Bass, Spider-Man, Green Lantern, Batgirl, Protoman, Batman, Quickman, Grimlock, tiny little Snake Eyes, Marv from Sin City, Spider-Man 2099, Raphael in vigilante superhero mode from the 2007 TMNT movie, shitty dollar store Astro Boy, Conan the Barbarian, and Cody Cowpoke from Wild West C.O.W. Boys of Moo Mesa (I have every toy that was made based on that show but some of them are in rough shape and there wasn't room to display them.)

Also I have a couple of shadow boxes on the wall next to my desk:

oaoMDtb.jpg

O5ZrAzJ.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah it's a Hot Wheels car. The local Dollar General occsionally gets some good Hot Wheels junk so I nabbed that, the Jetsons' car, the Mach 5, the Delorean (in hover mode), the Arkham Knight Batmobile, and the U.S.S. Enterprise.

Great, now I'm gonna have to go into the Dollar General. All nice finds though. I didn't know Hot Wheels was making Star Trek ships now. About damn time as they've done a bajillion different Star Wars ships since before the prequels.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This appears to be an indie sculpt - not lookin' like it's for mass-production. Do figure sculpts count as Tox Box Blargh? Lemme know if there's a thread I should post figure-sculpts in. Had to share this - this touched my soul. Amazing.

RogEdMed.jpg

RogEdFinScuDetail.jpg

little-nemo-in-slumberland-staue-infinite-statue-902870-11.jpg

Sweeeeet...totally getting this.

Both of those are amazing.

This is the best Spidey articulation I've ever seen.

0061_170124_9bbddz_h01.jpg

0061_170124_9bbddz_h02.jpg

0061_170124_9bbddz_h03.jpg

0061_170124_9bbddz_h04.jpg

0061_170124_9bbddz_h05.jpg

0061_170124_9bbddz_h06.jpg

0061_170124_9bbddz_h07.jpg

0061_170124_9bbddz_h08.jpg

0061_170124_9bbddz_h09.jpg

• Upvote 1