Hondo's Bar

Toy Box Blargh!

• 2 months later...
1223272295.jpg

the not very well known pregnant barbie. she was recalled rather quickly, after some parents started throwing fits. quite valuable, and i would love to add her to my collection

I knew someone that had that doll...you'd pull off the belly, pop the kid out and voila! flat tummy...WTF!?!

It's not a toy per se, but I had one of these and they actually still sell them...

2859_D.jpg

• 9 months later...

Bought this one today at my local shop for $7. The pic isn't 100% accurate as the chain comes around in front of the bike and doesn't stay in the air like that.

1247561673.jpg

Also, tons of SDCC toy pics here: http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2009/sdcc2009_main.htm

My fave is the 1:1 helmetless Vader. I'm sure you could hire a guy to come to your house and pose in this makeup for an hour a week for the next 20 years for less money than this will cost:

sdcc2009_sideshow_main.jpg

• 1 month later...

I was going to post these pics in cribs, but since they're just of my toys I thought better to put them in here, ya know where absolutely NO one will see them...

These pics all come from my guest room, storage room, shrine to geekdom:

1251727114.jpg

1251732609.jpg

1251744791.jpg

1251693047.jpg

1251779376.jpg

1251686424.jpg

From my living room:

1251686096.jpg

Unfortunately the only scene featuring Shipwreck from GI Joe: Rise of Cobra was deleted to to copyright issues:

1251705616.jpg

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

I see you keep the Star Wars toys next to all your important things like your DVD of My Giant and your copy of Windows 98. ^_^

Dude, please. Give me some credit. It's not "MY Giant" w/ Billy Crystal--it's GIANT starring James Dean & Elizabeth Taylor. I've no excuse as to why I've still got a copy of WIN98 though. :wink:

man, i love this thread. im all about some of the new Marvel Legends ones, but i keep telling myself i should hold out for the day when i can afford statues mebbe, depending on if i like the bowen designs for them. anyway.

aw, haku's one of those keep-em-MoC guys, haha! ok, so ive seen like a thousand bat figures but some of the ones you have on the right look like what i had in mind. battle-damaged guy looks interesting.

in pic 3, what is "marvel comic book collection" box in front of some weird juggernaut figure? also, in pic 4, what's that NES controller? and i dig the Sentinel n the next one.

aw, haku's one of those keep-em-MoC guys, haha! ok, so ive seen like a thousand bat figures but some of the ones you have on the right look like what i had in mind. battle-damaged guy looks interesting.

He's the Battle damaged Bats from an Infinite Crisis line DC Direct did around 2 yrs ago. And I mainly keep most of my figs MoC simply for storage purposes. I've way more figures than display room so I have to rotate them like geek-gallery exhibits. :wink:

in pic 3, what is "marvel comic book collection" box in front of some weird juggernaut figure? also, in pic 4, what's that NES controller? and i dig the Sentinel n the next one.
That was a Christmas gift from my parents back when I was a kid. The once Holy Book of Christmas, aka the Sears Toy Catalog had a box-o-comics along w/ bags and boards. There were only like 25 random Marvel issues though. The Juggernaut was a gft as well, from an ex-gf. Um, and the NES controller--you guessed it--also a gift. It's a tin of mints.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been a few months since I've gotten anything specifically for the collection, but here's my latest score:

1253464708436.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a243/Hos...53464708436.jpg

The much-sought-after, but still new and rare Snake Eyes from the bad-ass Joe cartoon Resolute (snuck into the movie line), snagged online.

Because I feel like gloating (I'm an asshole :wank: ) , product review from my online buddy General Hawk:

City Strike Snake Eyes Review

Man, I can't wait to start my new job and catch up on the stuff I've missed this summer...

*Photo courtesy http://castlegeekskull.blogspot.com/

Edited by White Line Nightmare

^^OHGAWDDAMN that is sweet! I thought I scored a coup by finally finding the Arctic assault Snake Eyes last week. I didn't even know that figure existed. SO cool. I do have all the other Snake Eyes (and Storm Shadows) from the Rise of Cobra line though. I also found a Paris Pursuit Baroness and Rex last week as well.

• 5 weeks later...
Nice.

still wanting this animated hellboy guy with the jacket for xmas, we'll see.

Nice! He's been on my amazon wishlist since I first saw him this summer. He's $30 plus s&h.

41SlhVhnN3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

But this is the Mezco Hellboy I'd really like to have. I can't find him MiB for an affordable price though. I'd bid on that one, but meh. I'm too lazy for the whole e-Bay bidding thing.