Hondo's Bar

Your collection

The NZA

So, ive all but completed my project, though its taken years - i sought out to turn 10 comic longboxes into a collection of trades that id actually read/lend out, and i now have one box left of shit that never got reprinted, and an entire bookcase overflowing with (my opinion) quality. Panch has some Captain America books, but other than that, and the stuff on the way (We3 and a Walking Dead: Omnibus HC), this is everything i got.

Bookcase.JPG

My pride is the complete Lone Wolf & Cub collection, Preacher, some fine marvel HC's, that recent Bone: One Volume Edition that the flash is hiding, some rare Ennis ones, this Earth X hardcover with soundtrack & all that's off-camera, and a few other pieces.

The biggest gap left, i think, is the Sandman books, which ive opted to wait till theyre out in Absolute format. I also wanna get that Ultimate Spider-Man HC collection, the one with all 3 in it, cause its my favorite chunk of that storyline.

What's yours like, and what are your favorite pieces?

Christ amighty IC...actually, I'm mostly just jealous of the complete Lone Wolf collection.

My collection consists of:

The Sandman vols. 1-11 by Neil Gaiman (plus 'The Dream Hunters' and 'Taller Tales')

Preacher vols. 1-9 by Garth Ennis

Transmetropolitan vols. 0-10 by Warren Ellis (currently loaned to a friend in England)

Watchmen by Alan Moore

Akira vols. 1-6 by Katsuhiro Otomo

Ghost In The Shell vols. 1-2 by Masamune Shirow

Berserk vol. 1 by Kentaro Miura (though technically I have all 30 current volumes bootlegged on cd, thanks to IC)

Hitman vol. 1 by Garth Ennis (I need to get the rest)

All top shit, it's hard for me to pick favorites.

(IC, that's a beautiful thing you've done.)

rasta - fuckin nice man, you got quality over quantity there. Was Ghost in the Shell 2 any good?

Also, im not sure, but i think Hitman only goes up to about 5 TPBs, mebbe halfway...rest youll have to get in issues (damn you, DC). Oh, and you should really read Endless Nights if you havent already, mighty fine epilogue.

Skeet - post em man, even them longboxes. Now you know why i read so many scans, hooer.

Akira vols. 1-6 by Katsuhiro Otomo

I got those too, my wallet still bears the emotional scars. It's worth the money though, as is Otomo's previous work Domu.

151-Domu-4.jpg

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I never got into trades until I moved over here. I knew I'd be moving around the place so it'd be easier to transport. Here's my current bookshelf...

book1.jpg

I had all the Preacher trades but an ex-girlfriend has 'em now, started buying them again when Mr. Cowboy filled me in on the Zcult-styles. Also I have the O'Reilly Factor. I thought it was about Madrox's detective agancy in Mutant-town but I was wrong.

Was Ghost in the Shell 2 any good?
Course. GITS was never really big on entertainment value, or emotional impact, but if you dig badass artwork and scientific/philosophical mumbo jumbo, it's worth the 15 clams.

Also, im not sure, but i think Hitman only goes up to about 5 TPBs, mebbe halfway...rest youll have to get in issues (damn you, DC).
Aye, it's a crying shame. Vol. 2 is actually out of print, so I haven't been able to find it anywhere at a reasonable price.

Oh, and you should really read Endless Nights if you havent already, mighty fine epilogue.
'Tis, and I have read it (we've been over this before).

I got those too, my wallet still bears the emotional scars. It's worth the money though, as is Otomo's previous work Domu.
I hear good things about Domu. Supposedly it contains a lot of the same themes present in Akira right? Edited by whiterasta

It's got telekenisis too, but on a much smaller scale, in it's own way it's superior to Akira, it's a lot easier to connect with the characters, Akira's great and all, but thinking back I'm not sure if I remember just what exactly happened.

So I didn't remember to take any pics until I was getting into bed. Aside from that, I don't wanna show the smallest selection here. Some post a pic of their shitty collections & we'll see. Nah, I'll do it tonight. What i've got though... Preacher, Transmet, 100 Bullets(in full set), Ultimates, Wanted, Batman: Year One & The Pro HC(for the record, HC's are a fuckload harder to come across downunder & now I see why!) a couple of Marvel Essentials, Sin City 1-3, more I can't recall, shit. I feel so insignificant next to you Marvel Zombies.

thats cool tho Skeet, i didnt even know The Pro came in hardcover! and not all marvel-zombie, only shelf 2 was basically marvel.

Jont - i got Domu 1, never found the rest - how many you say it went up to?

2T - Nice one on the Runwayas HC, ive nver seen that one either man.

Now that I have room I can start up a collection. All I have so far is....

My Hardcover books are....

Absolute Watchmen

Absolute Crisis

Absolute JLA/Avengers

The redstar

Invincible

NYX23

Runaways

The ultimates

The best of wolverine

Captain America

Secretwar

Fantastic Four onibus

Marvels (I have the 1st printing HC)

Dracula

Batman vol-1 by Neal Adams

Conan

Green arrow

Akira vol-1 as a HC (Thats right people as a hardcover, how many of you can say that. :) )

7719895.jpg

Softcovers are...

Judge Dredd: The cursed earth

Judge Dredd: Bad science

Predator vs Judge Dredd

Ghost in the shell

Appleseed Vols. 1-4

Akira Vols. 1-6

The sentry

Daredevil: the man without fear

GTO Vols. 1-24

Gundam the origin Vols. 1-5

damn, nice, didnt know Akira came in HC. and i forgot you had the whole run on GTO, too...

just looking at all the books ive archived the last year or two, and i got a shit-ton to read one day...just filled up 4 dvd's worth of scans. Here's what im looking at, starting almost in order than it just goes all over the damn place...mind you, some of these ive read mebbe halfway through, just need to finish.

Fables

Berserk (vol 1-12)

Vagabond

Blade of the Immortal

Kabuki

Ruroni Kenshin

Global Frequency

Planetary

Miracle Man + Apocrypha

She-Hulk

Lone Wolf 2100

Queen & Country

Frank Miller's run on Daredevil

Walt Simonson's run on Thor

District X

GTO

Cowboy Bebop

The Losers

Red Star (volume 2)

Swamp Thing

The Invisibles

Solo

Godland

Hellblazer (Ellis' run)

Hellboy: BRPD

Paul Pope's Heavy Liquid & 100%

Ballad of Halo Jones

Books of Magic (Gaiman's series)

Desolation Jones

Arkham Asylum: Living Hell

Arrowsmith

Supreme (Alan Moore's run)

Alan Moore's DC books

Smax

Martha Washington goes to war

Hip Flask

Fantastic Four: Unstable Molecules

Batman: Under the hood

Battle Pope

Nine rings of Wu-Tang

Benids TPBs, Fire, Goldfish, Total Sellout

American Splendor

Cable & Deadpool

A history of Violence

Mage (vol 1 & 2)

Prometha

Top Ten

Way of the Rat

The Path

Usagi Yojimbo

Nightwing

The Crew

Cable & Deadpool

Banana Sunday

...plus some bad Zelda and Wolverine books, handful of TPBs scanned as well. Lotta shit there, eh? So yeah, i got lotsa scans archived if anyone else is looking for stuff. Also, if there's any particular book youd recommend over another (or the opposite) lemme know, too. Christ knows i could take the next six months off of work and sitll not catch up here.