Hondo's Bar

Your collection

The NZA

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Edited by Iambaytor

MM - bit late now, but iroincally, Panch jacked my copy of "Killing Joke" (sadly, no Moore atuograph) back from me, which i had jacked like 10 years back. And Hulk # 181'll have to wait, even shit copies at conventions go for $100+.

As for my digital list (anybody want stuff from there?), finished 303 last night, shit was awesome - hoping there's a TPB coming. Halfway through Global Frequency so i can tell Don if its good or not.

In my collection I've got Manga, a lot of it, and the anime that they inspired

I'm kinda a completionist, once I start I have to get all of it so I'm careful what I start. As for Comics and Graphic novels, lets see...

0-10 of Transmetropolitan (that's all of it)

Batman vs. Predator I, 1-3 as well as graphic novel form

Batman vs. Predator II, 1-4 as well as graphic novel form

Batman vs. Predator III, 1-4

Battletech: Fallout 0-4 (that's all they ever made)

I have a fairly extensive Deadpool collection containing both four-part miniseries (I'm short series two #3), I'm missing only 13 of the full run of 70 (0-69) from the main series, and I got all but the last of the Agent X series that came after that...

I could use some feedback, what do you think? Any Comments? Advice? Admiration? Jealousy? Disgust? Pity? Abject Hate?

Youre a bats fan, and Transmet is the goods. Deadpool's awesome, and i didnt get to finish Agent X after Simone's run ended, but it was highly underrated...that was an awesome book, think i made a thread round here somwhere for it.

OMG this is sick! LOL it's all about the comics with you men, huh?!

Well, here is a little variety:

*I have 8 encyclopedia sets ( in Spanish, English and German)--my mom wanted me to be smart....riiight

* I've got a colleciton of Edgar Alla Poe's works

* Like Water for Chocolate

* Anna Karenina

* Pride and Prejudice

* The ODyssey

* Othello

* Macbeth

* My Antonia

* A collection of Mark Twain's works

* 4 Dictionaries

* 2 Thesauruses

* One Hundred Years of Solitud

* Krik Krak

* Around the World in 80 Days

* a Collection of Emily Dickinson's works

--Mostly classics of 19th and 20th century literature...

i know BORING STUFF!

But i like it so piss off!

OH YEAH!! and my Yellow Pages!

Edited by Lightningobo

OMG this is sick! LOL it's all about the comics with you men, huh?!

Well, here is a little variety:

*I have 8 encyclopedia sets ( in Spanish, English and German)--my mom wanted me to be smart....riiight

* I've got a colleciton of Edgar Alla Poe's works

* Like Water for Chocolate

* Anna Karenina

* Pride and Prejudice

* The ODyssey

* Othello

* Macbeth

* My Antonia

* A collection of Mark Twain's works

* 4 Dictionaries

* 2 Thesauruses

* One Hundred Years of Solitud

* Krik Krak

* Around the World in 80 Days

* a Collection of Emily Dickinson's works

--Mostly classics of 19th and 20th century literature...

i know BORING STUFF!

But i like it so piss off!

OH YEAH!! and my Yellow Pages!

They made comics of all those?

The yellow pages, really?

Post pics.

They made comics of all those?

The yellow pages, really?

Post pics.

Well, no...like I said--Boring (my library)--i dont own comic books...i never liked them. but that's MY COLLECTION OF reading material

LOL I know it's sad compared to all those WONDERFUL XMEN books and Spiderman, Batman, SUperman, the HUlk or Anime stuff...

and if i am correct this thread is of "Your Collection, what are your favorite books?" and the Yellow Pages is in my top 5!

Edited by Lightningobo

you and KOS praise monkey draw manga....its that good?

Also, how's Paul Pope 100%? I got that and Heavy Liquid, havent gotten around to readin it yet, that or his recent work on Solo.

Just got We3, Epicurus and Hellboy: Seed of Dectruction in the mail, $5 each. Cant wait for my Walking Dead HC.

You're a lucky little bitch Nick. Lucky because you still have the prerogative to spend all your money on comics & eat noodles for the month(those were the days) unlike those of us suckered into living with our women upon the promise of Jaiknee falling from the heavens square on my face at least 5 times a day. I guess it's almost worth it...

...look, im not tryin to promote anarchy in the AU or somethin, but its a 2 step program:

1) make friends with a kid who works at a comic shop, and trade him lots of spider-man (direct edition, cause he's that big a fanboy), and "work things out".

2) Get a duffel bag. If youre feeling adventurous, line it with aluminum foil, then go into a bookstore and raid it, i mean just grab books you dont even know because you prolly cant read anyway. The alarm trips when you walk in, they apologize. It goes off again when you leave, just look back like youre irritated and in a hurry and theyll apologize to you as you walk out with back troubles worth of marvel hardcovers.. Some say to cover your ass by legit buying a book, but thing is they can always ask you to come back and scan your purchases, and then it gets tricky...just remember, mall security legally cant touch you, so just keep running and start shopping at new places from now on.

if you can get someone's credit card # (try telemarketing jobs, or fake one, like call motherfuckers and promote Direct TV packages..."free HBO" gets the panties right off), you can save a lotta footwork. That is all.

You... You're like, the Tyler Durden of comic-theivery. It's brilliant, but it's another nail in the coffin of your credible 'love' of the medium. Tho I spose if you're willing to risk being turked in the watchhouse by the fella up the street who likes showing children the growth on his inner-thigh, you're a true romantic.

nonsense; marvel/image/dark horse/rarely DC's already been paid for those books, im just seein they get love and respect instead of being read dozens of times over a latte and not brought home. Not to mention i share them with others who go out and buy copies themselves.

a philosophy degree's main strength lies in rationalizing anything away.

You should definatly read Heavy Liquid first, it's a solid book but going back to Heavy Liquid after 100% is like taking a course of downers. 100% is complete anti-sci-fi science fiction, I recomend you pick up the issues if you can, or get the collected edition if you have to, a lot of the artwork just doesn't look the same.

Shit that book's expensive

Which book.

wait, remind me what's in x-men omnibus?

The book starts with gaint size X-men 1 and the first 30 issues after the reprints with the new team.

just got my Walking Dead HC in the mail the other day

I'm so pissed off about this. I placed my order last year for this book. So me and comic book guy are waiting for it to show up. So he's been calling asking what the fuck is up. This is what happens. He placed an order for five books. This other place which tends to order more stuff calls an ask if they can get bout ten more copys. So they fucked us over an some other store for those guys and shipped our copys to them. I wish I had a name cause my master sword and batarangs need a workout. :humping: