Hondo's Bar

Spider-Man: The Clone Saga

The NZA

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just got (sorta) caught up on this. I'll get one thing out of the way real quick for those who don't already know: This Scarlet Spider is not Ben Reilly. It's the other clone. C'mon, you know.

The book established itself really quickly. It's very streamlined, which I guess is a nice way of saying "simple".

Very minor spoilers

The difference between this guy & Parker/Reilly are made clear in the 2nd issue. He doesn't crack jokes, and if he's fighting to win he will fucking try to choke you to death and shoot you. He won't feel guilty about killing an enemy, but he's not going to do it when they're defenseless. This is important, since we now have three spider powered dudes in three different books, but all with different fighting styles and power variations (it's also important when they finally give me that new side scrolling brawler I've been wanting for 15 years).

All in all, actually pretty damn cool.

• 1 year later...

1371560711.jpg

SCARLET SPIDER #20 & 21

CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • CARLO BARBERI (A)

Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

INTO THE GRAVE PART 1 (of 3)

• After last issue’s shocking ending, everything has changed for Kaine. His second chance at life is over.

• At his lowest point, he comes face to face with the one man that’s fueled his obsession, hate and guilt his entire life... BEN REILLY.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

SHIT YES

• 4 years later...
  • Like 1

^STOP STEALING MY POSTS

so panch you're saying this 

UoTOJY1.gif

should be the same but with the spider from this

W3Cj5tE.jpg

cause i'd be down to see that (you should draw it!)

what i always dug about the top one is that yeah it's 90s as hell with the glove fingers but i always dug how it was clearly trying to build on the classic costume, and so many of spidey's other greats didn't really feel that way to me