Hondo's Bar

Star Trek vs. Star Wars

Acalis

Star Trek vs. Star Wars  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just thinking about some of the posts that both ASC and SoF have left on here, and I thought "what the hell", why not turn it into a poll and get everyone else's take on the matter? So who rocks more? Star Trek? Or Star Wars? You make the call.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you know, thats not a bad idea, id love to see some in-fighting from the trekkies.

man, anakin let me down so hard. I was willing to look past the early shit for some badass jedi action, but then you only get a cheapshot on mace, and whack some kids? i was under the impression Vader fucking hunted down the other jedi and started cutting heads, but no no, motherfucker took out some kids before obi wan handled him. there's your big bad villian.

man, i wanted to enjoy it, i did, i mean it started off good with the whole "is anakin gonna havta choke a bitch!?" thing, and it was raw emotion and all, some fun lightsaber battling but then he jumps "from the lower ground" and just goes out a chump. there's a lot i wanted to love about ep 3 that i coudlnt.

you wanna add that 2nd question on the poll (kirk vs picard) for you trekkies?

man, i wanted to enjoy it, i did, i mean it started off good with the whole "is anakin gonna havta choke a bitch!?" thing, and it was raw emotion and all, some fun lightsaber battling but then he jumps "from the lower ground" and just goes out a chump. there's a lot i wanted to love about ep 3 that i coudlnt.

you wanna add that 2nd question on the poll (kirk vs picard) for you trekkies?

Naaaah, I'm sure somewhere down the road we can do a completely different poll for Kirk vs. Picard

man, anakin let me down so hard. I was willing to look past the early shit for some badass jedi action, but then you only get a cheapshot on mace, and whack some kids? i was under the impression Vader fucking hunted down the other jedi and started cutting heads, but no no, motherfucker took out some kids before obi wan handled him. there's your big bad villian.

This is my point exactly, you have this cool character like Darth Vader (he's the only one i like) and the fans want him to be an evil bastard, but he was never gonna be 'cos it's a kids movie.

This is what I think happened, star wars fans saw IV, V,and VI when they were kids and loved it,

Then they grew up, and started to like good mature movies. Soon after this I, II and III came out but in that time Star Wars did'nt grow up.

So we have all these adults watching bad kids movies, expecting a good mature movie.

It's like going to the Pokemon movie and expecting the pokemon to rip each other to shreds, it's not gonna happen.

So for me, it's without doubt Star Trek, it's just superior in every way

I also went the way of the dark side, and upped the trekkie vote. I'm no expert, though I know some vague Cardassian war facts and harbour a secret desire for Picard, but that was some good solid watching. Star Wars....enough's probably been said. It's something people seem to have fallen out of love with....now, only bitterness.

I wish I could get my hands on the Star Trek Encyclopedia. I seen it from time to time at the bookstore, and it is a very interesting read. So is the Star Trek Chronology book which I have. It talks about the history of Star Trek events and chronicles the episodes from each of the serieses and movies in order as if they were real events.

I doubt i'm as much of a trekkie as you.

I do LOVE next generation and the next gen movies, and i really enjoyed ds9 and voyager,

But I would'nt be the original series' and movies biggest fan nor enterprise's.

I would'nt be into it half as much as I would comics. But that said the episodes where picard is captured and tortured by the cardassians are fantastic, with a level of acting unparalleled in any SW movie I've seen.

I doubt i'm as much of a trekkie as you.

Well I'm not a HARD-CORE trekkie. I don't go to conventions dressed as a Vulcan and stuff, heck I never even BEEN to a convention. I just really love to watch the shows and read the novels.

I do LOVE next generation and the next gen movies, and i really enjoyed ds9 and voyager,

But I would'nt be the original series' and movies biggest fan nor enterprise's.

I thought Enterprise was a real disappointment compared to the likes of say TNG, DS9, and Voyager.

I would'nt be into it half as much as I would comics. But that said the episodes where picard is captured and tortured by the cardassians are fantastic, with a level of acting unparalleled in any SW movie I've seen.

I would say the same about all of the Borg episodes. The Best of Both Worlds parts 1 & 2 were the bomb in my book!

Looks like it could be good.

Oh and yeah Lottie. Is there anything you can't do?

Why, there isn't a thing come to think of it. And so the lies continue...

Care to share Lottie? Would love to know some of these Cardassian war facts if you know any.

When I said I knew those facts, and when I said I have the hots for Picard...well...there's only a little truth to these things. (Though it makes me giggle like a little girl when he says 'to boldly go...'at the beginning..such a shiny head). The Cardassian war is something you've either heard of, or you haven't. There's a subcatergory for people who can quote directly/have memorised the tribble handbook.

2track - i'd like you to decorate me a wedding cake.

Archived