Hondo's Bar

Leonidas V.S. Beowulf

Da Cap'n

Leonidas V.S. Beowulf  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beowulf has no speed. Legend or no, he's a big blocky powerhouse: something Leonidas has trained since infancy to overcome. Not to sound Naive, but Leonidas has cunning and honour. He would beat that dragon and kept both his arms. In fact there'd be no dragon because he'da just separated Angelina Jolie's head from her digital body(can't speak on how I'da treated that situation though). Leonidas' uppance came at the collective heads of betrayal and enough arrows to black the sky. I guarantee you when he saw Beowulf and got a guage of his movements, he'd figure the best way would be to let Beowulf swing and wear him down. Hell, Beowulf might do him a favour and see fit to cut off another limb almost unnecessarily.

real spartans actually wore more armor than they did in the movie. they just wanted the visual of their... totally awesome... hot... half-nekkid... ripped... bodies to reinforce the fact that they were Badass Motherfuckers.

"Aristophanes makes clear that Spartan males were so well visible because of their ‘red military cloak’, the phoinikis"

but yea, all you who voted for beowulf...

you are dead to me. the end.

real spartans actually wore more armor than they did in the movie. they just wanted the visual of their... totally awesome... hot... half-nekkid... ripped... bodies to reinforce the fact that they were Badass Motherfuckers.

"Aristophanes makes clear that Spartan males were so well visible because of their ‘red military cloak’, the phoinikis"

but yea, all you who voted for beowulf...

you are dead to me. the end.

Boo Yah!

I think the majority of you all are forgetting that Beowulf was mythical, usually meaning better than mortals. The fact that he is a monster killer who could fuck over mortals... says everything that a 'versus mortal' fight club thread shouldnt even bothered in being posted. Way too lopsided but you all are too focused on 300 being a better movie and a more likeable character to let that influence the 'actual fight outcome'

those of you who voted Leo... are too easily influenced and 'are dead to me to the end'

oh yea thats right, noone cares.

well even in the film (which is what we're going off) leonidas killed a big fuck off monster and was accurate enough go slice between muscle and bone, then sliced his head off with sheer power. Not to mention guiding an army of 300 against an acutal army for days to survival and proving a gigantic point.

Beowulf also blows, blows huge HUGE chunks.

byaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

you are right, beowulf does blow huge chucks, chunks so huge he spits them out and knocks leo the effe out and then slays him. Mortal vs mythilogical hmmmm noone is going to change their mind so I say we all say cheers and empty the cup we hold :jedi:

and saw your post in 'say something about the last poster'... you are a cool cat I gotta say, even though you side with mortals over superhumans.

I think the majority of you all are forgetting that Beowulf was mythical, usually meaning better than mortals. The fact that he is a monster killer who could fuck over mortals... says everything that a 'versus mortal' fight club thread shouldnt even bothered in being posted. Way too lopsided but you all are too focused on 300 being a better movie and a more likeable character to let that influence the 'actual fight outcome'

those of you who voted Leo... are too easily influenced and 'are dead to me to the end'

oh yea thats right, noone cares.

oh yea, that's right, I'll take "facetious" for 400, alex.

too easily influenced? ook. i'd ask you to explain, but, that's right, i don't care.

also, i don't mean this as a... point of snobbishness? i suppose--but--who has read beowulf? if we want to bring in historical fact, i guess we'd also have to bring in literary "fact," as close as we're gonna get with him...

oh yea, that's right, I'll take "facetious" for 400, alex.

too easily influenced? ook. i'd ask you to explain, but, that's right, i don't care.

also, i don't mean this as a... point of snobbishness? i suppose--but--who has read beowulf? if we want to bring in historical fact, i guess we'd also have to bring in literary "fact," as close as we're gonna get with him...

Well I have the 300 dvd and graphic novel. As for the poem Beowulf I've seen how long that thing is and er no, I wont be reading it thank you very much.

I asked my father who is in town for the holidays, and is a ameture historian and literary buff...who has read the history of leo and read the original book of Beowulf, his opinion. He said you can't size those two up. Aaaaaaand he is right. Like I have been saying. He did say that if the two worlds merged however, Beowulf would have such an advantange and would clearly win.

I have read Beowulf and seen the flick. Read the book as a middle school kiddo, and saw the recent flick. The book portrays him as a great. The movie, portrays him as a drunken womanizer who can also fight in the nude.

The history behind Leo is a great one, and his defeat was an awsome task. 3 days of battle and outnumbered to boot. I think Leo was by far one of the most established and respected oppositions that anyone would love to not have to go up against.

However, a mortal fighting mortals and winning against the odds, going up against a monster killing beast of a man who is fictional... should have never been made into a fight club thread. Fictional vs fictional and non-fictional vs non-fictional would be reasonable b/c then you can line up the abilities vs faults and have reasonable backing behind it. Saying GI Joe and beat up Ken barbie is a proper statement. Saying Danny Devito can beat up Optimus Prime, has no weight behind it b/c they dont exist in the same reality. Mythical creatures and people shouldnt be paired up against humans, b/c mythical beings can have their abilities altered by thw writer or readers rendering.

Beowulf would win on mythical ability alone, but find a human who would want to go against Leo. (and I aint talking Dicrapprio)

'hes the fucks gonna jump into the sky 100 feet then do a summersault then land on the other side of Leo like a lil cat on all 4's, Leo will turn around looking for him and not see him, turn back around looking for him still, then Beowulf will stand on 2 feet again and then pull out his final fantasy sword and hack him in half. But im guessing since Leo is mortal, that since he is liked so much by you that he would survive that and become Leo 1 and Leo 2 with Dr Suess hair and outfits, grab beowulfs big huge ass FF sword, break it in half with his bare hands and then use the newly aquired two swords to beat beowulfs bitch naked ass with it. Since we are now talking mythical and not realistic. Thats "the fucks' mythical's got to do with it.

I have. And unless he just skipped that project in senior year, Sig has too.

'hes the fucks gonna jump into the sky 100 feet then do a summersault then land on the other side of Leo like a lil cat on all 4's, Leo will turn around looking for him and not see him, turn back around looking for him still, then Beowulf will stand on 2 feet again and then pull out his final fantasy sword and hack him in half. But im guessing since Leo is mortal, that since he is liked so much by you that he would survive that and become Leo 1 and Leo 2 with Dr Suess hair and outfits, grab beowulfs big huge ass FF sword, break it in half with his bare hands and then use the newly aquired two swords to beat beowulfs bitch naked ass with it. Since we are now talking mythical and not realistic. Thats "the fucks' mythical's got to do with it.

but being mythical, he infact never existed, so leonidas has got to fight nothing....

generally every time i fucking fight nothing i fucking well win!

Hahaha it's good to see some serious blood being shed in FC again!! Sig's & Doj's points both occurred to me earlier too. Measuring these two against eachother is like comparing the Ultimates & the Avengers(ie one's a collective based on science, ass-kickery and an aspect or realism whereas the other is just stone-crazy and ill-proportioned). Keep in mind though Doj- Fight club. 9 times outta 10 you'll win a fight against nothing, but it's ever-so entertaining to see Tyler Durden kick Jack's arse.

um isn't that the point of fight club? i mean yea sure, we'll have stuff in here of things that could actually fight each other, people that are living... but it's still not gonna fuckin happen. so i can't say i care about the whole 'mythical blah blah blah my dick is in a jar somewhere cause i'm trying to take the fight out of fight club'... thing.

I'LL ALLOW IT.

so like i've said.

LEZ GET IT ON

wow, some people dont know how to play nice with others.

A mythical modest mouse would crush any mortal you can present here in notorious fight club. I am gonna leave the name calling and crass ignorant cut downs to the pros... so I am gonna go now so I can find my jar, I miss placed it and I need to take a piss.

clearly you don't remember me AT ALL from back in the hondo's day. please, go take a piss. i'll save your seat for you and make sure no one takes your beer. if you need any toilet paper or soap let me know. ok, my usual self aside--play nice with others? fight? club? trying to keep in step with it? if you're taking this in any personal sense, i don't know how you've survived on the internet. so what, the males get to be rude and crude and it's all fun and games, but i make up some silly BS once to do the 'FC thing,' and we're getting our feelings hurt?

the day i get called crass and ignorant is... just another day i ask myself why i bother posting on forums.

hahaha... ok. Looks like it was you all who took it too personal. If I were in fact pissed, I woulda cursed you all out or something. I gave a generic reply to what was said. laa dee daa looks like we dont play nice with otheeeerrrssss laaaadeeedoooodaaaa. And you all get your pants in a knot. Yes I remember you from the drunken dieties days, and I fully expect everyone to speak their mind on here. I just didnt feel like saying something back that was all arguing about how a mythical being would overcome a mortal bc blah blah blah bc none of you were listening to the last 2 or 3 pages, so why start now. People 'liked' 300 better so 'oh hes the one that would win' hell, I liked 300 better, but the flick isnt up for fight, the characters are. As far as my reply, I just fed off of what you said, I gotta to find the jar to take a piss... thought it was a good play on your 'fight club fightin' words' but you all are the ones taking it personal now. I dont give a damn about words said on a forum, cuz you aint putting food on my table.

My dicks in a jar but I call you ignorant and you go all "the day i get called crass and ignorant is... just another day i ask myself why i bother posting on forums." well it hasnt slowed you down any has it?

so now that we know that noone had their feelings hurt, can we put the gloves back on, or is this bare knuckle?

Archived