Hondo's Bar

Batman V.S. Daredevil

Da Cap'n

Batman V.S. Daredevil  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Who would win? Who's better? Whatever. Hopefully this thread causes some discussion...

I'd still have to go with Batman. Daredevil's power is, what, the ability to see while blind? Heightened senses? Batman's emulated all of that stuff over the years, PLUS he has a belt full of handy gadgets.

Don't much think they'd have a reason to fight, but that's just me.

Batman has beaten Superman, the pinicale of super heros, been kicked out of the JLA because of his paranoia(yes this is a feat in my mind), thorted immortal geniuses and psycotic killers, is a great hand to hand fighter and detective, always having answers to his enemies weakness.

Daredevil has done one thing that Batman has never done is take over his city from crime. DD is linked and was a part of the Avengers. Has dodged the question of Matt is DD numerius times. Olympic fighter and acrobat, has super senses to the point he can almost predict his combatants movements.

Batman is straight up better in terms as a hero in his own comic. He has battled bigger scales then Daredevil.

Daredevil in the other hand can take Batman in a fistfight assuming Batman doesn't make some counter measure to make some super loud noise machine to mess with DD's senses (al a Daredevil the movie, which oddly never has happened in his comic)

Well you could go on the fact that The Punisher regularly gets the jump on Daredevil and Batman beat the Punisher like a naughty puppy, I mean hell even the Jean-Paul Valley/Azrael Batman put up a pretty good fight against him.

true but bats never went up against ennis' punisher, if he did it'd be a different story entirely.

anyway that's no way to judge whose better between bats and dd. if *insert shit basketball team* beat the chicago bulls and orlando magic beat that shit team, does that mean orlando are better than chicago?

anybody can have an off day. that said though i think bats would beat dd

Batman has beaten Superman

i could beat supes if i shot him with a kryptonite bullet

Batman all the way bitch!! Just because DD has been beaten up by so many people. I have the impression that Batboy is sort of more intelligent when it comes to a fight. Hell, he even fought against the Hulk!! Yeah I love DD, but Bats its da Shit!!

I'm so sick of this batman bullshit, batman is the epidemy of what a man could be right? Well Daredevil's abilities are beyond that. Batman is a great character, but I'm so tired of these mash-up bullshit things that always crown him winner.

Batman vs. superman, if it were true no holds fight to the death, personalities not included, how could anyone in there right mind pick batman. Oh, you have to also assume batman can't get kryptonite, which they always do. Couldn't superman just blast him from miles away before batman ever knew what hi him? Or throw a huge asteroid at wayne manor and destroy everything? Be patient and wait for Bruce to die of old age, and win by default?

Even Wasp took down the hulk, you wanna tell me there's justice in the universe!

You also can't compare cross platform battles, like batman vs punisher. These type questions only infuriate me and cause me aggravation. I'm shocked I didn't ignore this one.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one thing I noticed a huge difference of the two is there crime fighting techinques. DD has a thing for totally going in brutal. Batman for the most part sits and waits to bid his time.

Being a huge DD fan I would love to see DD beat the piss out of Batman. Batman has some huge advantages on his side. For one the ability to find ones weakness and Batman puts more strategy to his fights. DD gets a bit reckless when he gets mad or there is something super valueable on the line, but with that recklessness he becomes more brutal.

I'm so sick of this batman bullshit, batman is the epidemy of what a man could be right? Well Daredevil's abilities are beyond that.

dd's are not beyond normal, he's just a regular guy with the abilities of a...bat.

he has no:

super strength

super speed

super endurance

he is:

blind

he can:

use his hearing to compensate for his blindness (this brings him back up to normal guy, not beyond)

If you really want to get a bit into detail DD isnt "just a normal guy". He would be classified as a Olympic athlete. Also even if he can't hear batman he can still smell him as well. DD is beyong normal regardless of super strength, speed, and endurance.

Yeah but so's Batman, it's the same story for both of them. I mean if this was Batman vs. Moon Knight you'd have a case but it's Batman vs. Daredevil who are physically no different the only advantage Daredevil has is his super senses. So it's batarang vs. weird twisty billy club thingy and honestly Batman's got more nifty gadgets and concussion grenades and shit than Daredevil does.

I'm not one of those "With enough prep time Batman could cock slap God" people, but if the two had a chance encounter and fought on the spot, Batman's just better prepared.

ugh, batman's made out to be the chuck norris of comics these days, cause he's fought dracula, aliens etc. you know what? spawn beat him and brought him back. yeah, i said it.

osidius knows the score; DD's got more than heightened senses, he's crazy strong and among marvel's finest hand-to-hand, as well as dodging ridiculous shit thrown at him. since panch was kinda unclear as to "its this poll about writing?" etc, im going DD out of fanboy love and the previously stated point that he did what bats coudlnt do till kingdom come: ran his own city.

and then fought a hundred yakuza in the rain. im telling you, when did bats do shit that cool!? you people dont even read the books, do you!? even frank miller's fucking shit up these days!

ugh, batman's made out to be the chuck norris of comics these days, cause he's fought dracula, aliens etc. you know what? spawn beat him and brought him back. yeah, i said it.

osidius knows the score; DD's got more than heightened senses, he's crazy strong and among marvel's finest hand-to-hand, as well as dodging ridiculous shit thrown at him. since panch was kinda unclear as to "its this poll about writing?" etc, im going DD out of fanboy love and the previously stated point that he did what bats coudlnt do till kingdom come: ran his own city.

and then fought a hundred yakuza in the rain. im telling you, when did bats do shit that cool!? you people dont even read the books, do you!? even frank miller's fucking shit up these days!

Yeah but when was the last time Daredevil inspired his own gang of vigilante thugs, or broke a shotgun in half with his bare hands, or kept 3 adolescent boys, 2 adolescent girls, and a sexy redheaded parapalegic in a cave?

My man bats, he don't shiv

Also even if he can't hear batman he can still smell him as well. DD is beyong normal regardless of super strength, speed, and endurance.

Thank You.

I was hoping to pull some info from marvel.com, but it seems to be shut down, instead I offer you the first line of "Powers, abilities, and equipment" which states "Daredevil's four remaining senses are heightened far beyond human levels".

Granted this is Wikipedia, and can't be direct from the source, but its what I could find in a pinch.

Yeah but when was the last time Daredevil inspired his own gang of vigilante thugs, or broke a shotgun in half with his bare hands, or kept 3 adolescent boys, 2 adolescent girls, and a sexy redheaded parapalegic in a cave?

My man bats, he don't shiv

aw, DD's smashes shotties all day. And if we're quoting Miller, Matt's done some crazy-awesome shit in Born Again and the like, though if you're going for "which character would work better in Misery" than yes, the creepy guy wins.

though if were going for odd angles, id like to point out the odd time that Wizard did a bats special that outright said he doesnt fuck, he just keeps the pent-up sexual agression for beating up thugs which really creeped me out when i thought about him having a huge boner whilst doling out beatings and how much that idea'd really get Miller going, too. Matt, on the other hand, is a ho of the finest caliber, banging Black Widow, Elektra and Karen Page often in the same day.

props on your last quote though. its hard to argue with you when you go quoting the "crazy as shit but in a good way" miller.

I love DD and I love Bats! I made this thread cause I knew it'd cause an uproar! Nick's gonna bitch, but I chose Batman (no Batman's no Chuck Norris... no one's Chuck Norris... not even Chuck Norris is Chuck Norris). I just think that people are missing the point and thinking that we're talking about physical. Both are martial arts trained olympic badasses that don't fear shit. Bruce Wayne would win ONLY because he's smarter than Matt Murdock. Period! Yes, lawyers are smart, but not detective smart. But it's not even that... Bruce Wayne is a fucking genus. Sorry Nick...

Archived