Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Plays Diablo II!!!

TopDawg540

dude, you were asking about an online game at 8am on a sunday. if you're not up at that hour going to church, or a deviant like myself who isnt asleep yet, society says you're trying to catch the denny's early bird special with your AARP card.

you're an odd one, mr yahven.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seeing as i usually wake up around 5 am. 8 am is waiting a decent time for folks to wake up.

No love for the early bird working class :(

It's so hard to survive hell, leveling is excruciatingly hard at 67 as a tank specced druid.

• 4 weeks later...

Because you missed last week too! Lazy Gamer, where is your commitment!

Where is everybody! I'm not on Diablo II right now but I'm on Ventrilo, I get someone in here or on Vent, I'll start a game.

I'm calling it a night. If someone wants to have a game at another time this week, let me know here... and don't forget to give a time!

• 2 months later...

Jaime plays D2 :blink:

*Jaime.@USWEST

91 (was 95) BetterThanVode - Trapsin my baby

90 WizardHat - Blizzard Sorc

84 FreezeMofo - HF Pally

KNAI- Maybe my new FB sorc, or a Bowzon

47 GrainGirl - HC Sin.

*MissJaime.@USWEST

81 HairFlip - WW/Trap Hybrid.

89 NothingNNowhere - Hammerdin (Everyone needs one)

77 Miss_Chievous - Kicksin for Ubers, because I hate Smiters

86 WizardSlipper - FB Sorc, I love her.

they all used to be like 90ish+ but my account got hacked and i had to remake most of them :blink::wink::mad::2T:

And I was the one who helped rebuild most of em:D

My chars:

D_Shiflet@US West

DS_Stormbringer 91 Lightning/Orb sorc

DS_RagingFury 90 werewolf druid

DS_Chevalier 92 smiter

DS_Mjolnir 94 hammerdin

DS_Crossfire 90 bowzon

DS_StormWarning 91 infinity carrying light sorc

DS_ArcLightning 88 lightning sorc

D_Shiflet3@US West

DS_Northwind 94 wind druid

DS_ForgedByFire 90 fire/light auradin

DS_LozlCopter 63 hc fireball sorc, retired

DS_Ghidorah 90 hydra/orb sorc

DS_FallOfImyrr 90 lightning auradin/smiter

DS_AxeOfKrom 90 dual axe ww barb

D_Shiflet4@US West

DS_Rackhir 90 bow paladin

DS_DarkDreamer 90 lightning auradin

DS_WindOfWinter 89 blizzard sorc

Miss_Fortune 92 javazon

DS_ReignOfFire 88 fire ele druid

DS_HolyTemplar 91 FoH/Charge hybrid pally(Jaime HATES this one)

DS_PowerSurge 90 nova sorc

DS_ChemWarfare 88 summoner/poisonmancer

D_Shiflet5@US West

DS_HulkSmash 87 polearm/shapeshifter barb

WizardStaff 92 bonemancer

DS_Shinobi 85 kicksin

WizardBeard 90 hammer/foh hybrid pally

DS_FirstCrusade 84 charger pally

since no one really seemed to enjoy hell(fucking stuipd immune fucking piece of shit fucking monsters) maybe start over with new toons or something? the game really fell apart when we hit hell.

This is why you either group with players who can deal with monsters that are immune to your attacks, or don't limit yourself to a single element attack. Hell, even a decently geared merc can help deal with the occasional immune or 2. Dual element sorcs can't do the massive damage single element ones can, but they can still easily do enough damage to deal with their immunes. My light/orb sorc does 20k lightning and still has a 600 damage per shard frozen orb which wastes light immunes with no problem. Every barbarian who melees should have a point in berserk to deal with physical immunes, wind druids do both physical and cold so they should have a method of dealing with most things, hammerdins only have one monster in the entire game immune to them...what did your group consist of that immunes totally messed it up?

it wasn't that it was completely messed up just that it didn't seem as much fun as it had been, hell can be a real pain in the ass and frankly I've never been a big fan of immune mobs at all in any game(though it was fun watching mages bitch about it in wow lol)

it wasn't that it was completely messed up just that it didn't seem as much fun as it had been, hell can be a real pain in the ass and frankly I've never been a big fan of immune mobs at all in any game(though it was fun watching mages bitch about it in wow lol)

Eh, the game is ass easy even WITH immunes, without them it'd be a complete joke. That list of chars both Jaime and me posted a few messages back, most of them can completely solo Hell in full 8 player games, and that's even with immunes. How absurdly easy would it be without them?

And as for "wait, how long can you be off before they reset your char?", chars expire after 3 months of not being used, BUT, as long as nobody else has made a char with that same name after it expires, you can even refresh expired characters, and there's no limit on how long you can do that. As long as the char's name hasn't been taken, you can refresh your chars no matter how long it's been.

• 1 month later...

Well, looks like another patch is coming, and Blizzard want users to write one, and only one patch note that they wish would be implemented. If I had to pick one it would be for respecs. Else it would be widescreen support, and a much bigger stash. What do you guys think the game needs?

Archived