Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Plays Diablo II!!!

TopDawg540

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fun times were had by me, drifter, gunsmith & bish, though i fear we've lost maldron to the horde. thanks again to sam for hooking up the ishatar or whatever pieces, ive got 3 of the set and its helping out.

im level 25, still debating a few rings ive got (chiefy, holler when you're back), but i was hoping for some suggestions on barb builds.

i kinda liked this one: the frenzied barb. I dont know how frenzy works but i like the balance his tank has, with iron skin, resistances and such, and if using double strike is pivotal, done and done. just wanna see what everyone else thinks of it...id wanted to put a few points into battle orders or war cry to help us all out at some point, too.

the default seems to be the immortal king, and most other builds are either weird shit, made for magic finds, or using poles or some shit im not as into. im sitting on 12 skill points and itd be cool to have an idea as to where i want them to go once i commit to a build. plus, my stats are mostly strength (in the 90s) with vitality and dex in the 60s but im reading i should dump a lot, lot more into vitality, only using as much dex & str as needed for top weapons and such. anyway, i know some of youse beat off to spreadsheets too so tell me what you think of these builds and what else youve seen like em, or im just gonna end up some useless jack of a few trades.

good game with just gunsmith & bish, maldron, where'd you go man?

Chief should be back around soon, ill hit up yahven too. drifter's back next week, hopefully nobody feels left out cause we slaughtered baal or whoever, act 3 is done.

hitting some kinda barb board soon, im lvl 26 with 13 skill points and a crappy-ish rogue, no idea what build unless i freestyle it, which i might yet.

yeah, he was all mopey about that. me, most of my fun shit starts then, too.

still never got over to a barb forum, im honestly thinking if its 1 point per level, perhaps ill sit on my excess points and once i hit 30, dump one into whilrwind, war cry, iron skin and resistances each level. no specific build but i figure ill hang...thoughts?

also, anybody hoping to start earlier better let me know, i tend to show up right after the gym but due to work hours, most of yous only get a few hours or so before quittin' time.

Yeah, thanks again Drifter, hit 30 with your help man. Its a lot tougher when the two of us are just hitting things and there's no death army/icicles of decimation going. I felt so much more powerful hitting things once and having them die, but that's because of all the action usually.

my dmg is up to 50-70s which is good, but my defense is like 300 something and clearly not enough. i put 4 points into iron skin, and after hitting lvl 30, one into whirlwind and one into resistances, not sure what yet to do with the last 12.

some quick questions/notes:

1) do i need to stress minimum damage or max damage from my jewelry and such?

2) i think i need 100 something in strength, 70 or so in dex to hold the better shit, then start dumping all my points into vitality from what i read. that sound right?

3) right now, only stats im watching/care about are my one/2 handed damage and defense. should i be paying attention to other shit?

seriously, we just beat diablo and in this brave new area, while running around with sam i could get killed within like 3 or 4 hits from some creatures. Im really gonna start looking at that frenzy build, because with angel and george having characters that can seemingly hold their own with much worse, my guy's feeling like a lot of dead weight. if i cant support the team as much i at least need a tank who can death-deal like crazy.

did just that with bish, and im leaning towards the frenzy/warcry build at the moment, though ive yet to commit to a kind of weapon yet. ive got 2 points in sword mastery that bish says i should favor.

the build recommends maces, but drops names of a ton of rare shit we might not ever see. anyway, the idea of basically freezing enemies before pummeling them sounds good, but mana leeching is again a necessity. my stat points are more or less good so far for the build, and i havent wasted too many skill points yet either...just wondering if its the best one for how i play.

PS this site is indeed awesome.

frenzy, battle orders and warcry are kinda working out, warcry's all but useless at such a low level (only stuns for 1 second), battle orders is solid and frenzy, just trying to sort it but im doing better damage, just still lacking defense.

makin the room now.

Archived