Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Plays Diablo II!!!

TopDawg540

Couldntve beaten Baal without you, man.

Ok, so doing better...nightmare should be fun. Bish convinced me to drop a set that was apparnetly holding me back like crazy (good call). Defense is over 500 and damage is 130 on the low end, 220 or so on the high, so very much mproved. I put a few points into resistances to bring them back up (build said it was a good idea), few into sword mastery, and the rest are going into frenzy, warcry and battle orders which i think helped us out as well. Frenzy's solid, warcry just takes a lot to justify itself is the problem - ive put 3 or 4 points in and it only stuns for like 1.6 seconds. at 20, itll do so for 6+ which feels way more significant, just hoping its worth it at that point. the other stuff the build has me on feels solid so far though.

here's to us not getting slaughtered on nightmare! and me never gambling again.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now's also the time that we can on our own start doing some of the basic runs. I' recommend the pidleskin run, good XP and a decent number of drops. Depending on your build and level Bhall might not be too bad either. But I think for our melee dudes pindleskin is pobably the easiest. You can do a ton of runs in a short period of time.

For those that don't know, just start a new game, go through the red portal harrogath, kill the first unique (pindleskin), rinse and repeat. It's both good XP, and some great items. I found 2 unique armors, a sword that might work for nick, a shield that is pretty kickass for pallies, and (finally) a plate belt. Of course my stash is full of crap that I can't use right now, but I am saving for you guys.

But if you have some time, I'd recommend that everyone do this run a few times, you'd be surprised at the amount of crap you can get.

ok, so, surprise game tonight (sorry chiefy, we'll get you caught up soon man) and gunsmith's right, good shit drops in nightmare.

our team's really taking shape, and thanks to some equipment boosting my skills, ive got warcry around 10 (does 100 damage, stuns for 3 seconds but eats my mana) and frenzy around 9 or so, battle orders somewhere around that number as well. sitting on 10 stat points till i reassure myself there's no swords/armor needing higher str/dex soon, as god knows i feel good dumping those points into vitality.

also, gunsmith is right that we might need a mule character soon. anyway, cant hang on my own in nightmare yet but looking better:

1220076346.jpg

and yeah, those charms are mostly max damage, bit of poison and some hit recovery, dont know how long ill be holding them. i know something's up when im the guy asking to go back to town, though.

ps yeah, those resistances are in normal though. its about 10-15 each in nightmare.

's why i know you weep when i play the #'s game of trying on my pretty pretty bonnets and such, but i really gotta look carefully to weigh in what each piece brings and what its replacing/losing. if i watch my damage/defense too much, i drop mana leeching and become useful only in spurts. if i want to add resistances back, i have to weigh in just how much defense im willing to part with...etc.

but gits like bish's +1 to all skills amulet, plus that badass helmet we found (+2 war cry, +2 iron skin, +1 to something else) really rounded my guy off, so yeah, feeling like an awesome team now...any chance we can get chief caught up?

:mad: not in hondo's room, its me & drifter waiting on george & angel to get off pallin's dick. Chiefy still needs to get caught up, but i cant reach him at the moment - still, with dante still not recruited & yahven in & out, we could always use more members.

yeah, chiefy should be ready for nightmare soon. we're still taking applications, though we're hoping for people in the 40's level or so, or at least close.

skeet - join up man, good fun & all once you get vent (communication program) sorted. as long as we're not playing too early for you, anyway...also, fuck, well done on fallout 1 & 2, i understand theyre not short games. we got a fallout thread man, post your impressions sometime, i wanna hear.

got my copy for like $5 online from bish's link, its legit & installs/plays right from the drive. you're welcome to join, just gotta powerlevel to catch up man!

helluva game, we're in act 3 on nightmare now, and between bish's badass sword, and gunsmith's helmet, life is very good. check it out...sword first (also, this is what it looks like when bish leaves town. you see the mess his undead heathens make?!)

1221148837.jpg

here's my new level 48 stats! them's some sexy numbahs.

1221153627.jpg

and finally, before i sell it: chiefy, can you use this sword? its got a socketed skull:

1221140571.jpg

so yeah, off to bish's site, where im so considering buying some cheap, badass gear. good game, all.

Archived