Hondo's Bar

Rock Band 2

The NZA

From Rockband.com:

Hey all,

Just a quick update on a couple of things people have been asking about since RB2's launch yesterday.

First off, thank you to all of you who've bought Rock Band 2 and are online playing the 84 master tracks that came with the game! As promised, Harmonix will be delivering 20 songs of free DLC to customers who buy Rock Band 2. This content will be available later this fall. Stay tuned for news re: official release date for these tracks.

Combined with our consistent download offering of songs, albums and packs, we're continuing to deliver on our promise of bringing alot of music out there weekly for the Rock Band platform. By the end of 2008, there will be over 500 songs across Rock Band (RB1 Disc, RB2 Disc and DLC).

We hope this answers your questions about the free tracks. We'll be announcing the exact tracks as we get closer to the release date. In the meantime, we hope you're enjoying working through the epic RB2 tracklist!

Lastly, some folks have been asking about the status of the previously discussed Jukebox Mode. This mode was removed from Rock Band 2 in the final stages of development. We have no immediate plans to bring this feature back to the platform in the future.

Hope this clears up any confusion!

Shame about the Jukebox feature (basically the ability to just some or all of your RB music and have it play in an in-game jukebox).

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that sucks for the Jukebox mode. Wonder why they cut it. Anyhoo, loving the game so far, I have gotten gold stars on Hungry Like the Wolf and Eye of the Tiger for vocals. I'm pretty sure I can do Give it Away too. One thing I have to say though, the way they rate difficulty especially for vocals is borked. There is NO WAY that Carry On Wayward Son should be considered more difficult than Foreplay/Long Time. No way in hell. Carry on is CAKE compared to that motherfucker.

what was the deal with the jukebox mode, again? and 20 free DLC songs sounds nice, wonder when the cutoff for buying & getting that is.
Lastly, some folks have been asking about the status of the previously discussed Jukebox Mode. This mode was removed from Rock Band 2 in the final stages of development. We have no immediate plans to bring this feature back to the platform in the future.

As for the 20 free DLC, it's advertised on the case as free, not free for a limited time. My guess is that since they designed RB2 to be cross-compatible with RB1's DLC, but they want to use the 20 free DLC to promote RB2, they've trying to figure out a way to make 20 free DLC work on RB2 but not RB1. It doesn't seem like it would be hard to do, but, maybe the holdup is that the tracklist isn't finalized yet. Either way, I don't think the 20 free DLC are a limited time offer.

I'm loving the fact that as a lead singer I can have my own band and invite others to join. As of yet, i haven't found any of the vocals to be challenging, however, i haven't unlocked all the songs yet. there is a cheat where you can unlock all of the songs, but you can only play them in quickplay, so they don't count towards your total tour score.

i haven't had much time to really get into it, but so far it's been a blast.

ya know, I almost invited Skeet to play with me on RB2...and then realized how utterly mean that would have been.

shoulda done it. Stupid conscience

Heh. Yeah you shouldn't've played your hand man. That woulda been awesome. You seem to forget I'm not concerned in the slightest about RB2. I broke my drumkit for RB anyways and can't be arsed fixing it again so I'm just holding out for GH4 and it's lovely new drumkit. Then I may consider importing a copy of the game, maybe

the trick to the curve (for me) is people focus on the lyrics, when its mostly about pitch. just try it next time, try humming or making whatever noise you can that stays consistently at that octave/on point with the line on the screen, i bet youll do way better.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived