Hondo's Bar

I Wish I was A Super Hero!!!!

CA Rodgers

Whenever I'm board I always put myself in situations. Situations I know I will never be in.... don't worry this isn't me asking everyone what super power they would have. I am asking, say you have the super power of your dreams. What kind of world would you live in and who would the bad guy be??

I don't think I would have much of a super power. I would want to be more like the punisher or batman. I would want a lot of guns and I would love to be in shape. Maybe faster than I am now. My hero job would only be done at night and during the day I would be a plumber. No one would ever know of my cool super hero ways.

I would also drive in a big ass fucking bus! For the bad guys I don't kill, that's what I would take them to jail in!!! I wouldn't have a hero name, no one would ever know it. I would be a mystery would be cool. And I would fix people plumbing!!

So What would everyone else be?

haha, fun idea, and reminds me of the book Kick-Ass some more.

most people id asked just wanted to fly. i dig your vigilante-by-night thing, id totally be down for that. but if i could have any superpower that i think'd work awesome and completely change how i live, itd be a healing factor.

think about it: you could ride motorcycles, get into barfights, do whatever. Sure youd get hurt, but shit's gotta be a lot better when you know itll all be fixed in a matter of hours. long as you dont end up underneath a car or the sea or something, you should be golden!

also, as much as i dig working at night, id hope said healing would improve my vision. itd suck getting shot up and not knowing what hit me, ever.

haha, fun idea, and reminds me of the book Kick-Ass some more.

most people id asked just wanted to fly. i dig your vigilante-by-night thing, id totally be down for that. but if i could have any superpower that i think'd work awesome and completely change how i live, itd be a healing factor.

think about it: you could ride motorcycles, get into barfights, do whatever. Sure youd get hurt, but shit's gotta be a lot better when you know itll all be fixed in a matter of hours. long as you dont end up underneath a car or the sea or something, you should be golden!

also, as much as i dig working at night, id hope said healing would improve my vision. itd suck getting shot up and not knowing what hit me, ever.

That would be real good for me. Cuase I'm going to be getting shot at all the time. I like your thanking.

heh, you know, if you're that certain its bullets for you, why not get invulnerability? that'd be less painful. or at least super speed, time manipulation; something that'd help you out. Even Luke Cage's iron skin has gotta be better than being constantly shot and having to self-extract any bullets that dont go through.

Tough decision. Both my WoW characters have some pretty awesome powers I'd love to have in real life. If I have to narrow it down to only one of those powers, I'd have to go with the ability to summon up demons at will, and make them do my bidding. World of Warcraft demons, mind you. The real ones are far too fuckin scary and that would have some bad consequences, both here and in the afterlife.

But yeah... summon me up a Felguard, and have him do my job for me. Until I make management cause at that point he'd make Wal-Mart even more evil than it is.

As for superhero life style... eh, I wouldn't have to be too secret because the Felguard would be my bodyguard, and he moves faster than a speeding bullet. This fact has been tested in wow. And he carries a big scary axe with a skull on it. If you're dumb enough to mess with me or him... you won't last long.

Then again.... if I went with a power from my Paladin I'd pick the ability to heal through anything, even death's door. I could quit my job and become the best doctor that ever lived, and get good money for it too, and not much effort.

It's a win-win situation in either case.

Actually... thinking it over yet again...I'd want Martian Manhunter's (and Freddy Kreuger's) ability to change shape/mass/density into whatever I want at will. That would be the handiest thing ever!!!Bullets/anything... go right through me without harm.Need more muscle? Go go form of Arnhold Shwartzenegger with the density of steel.I could be lighter than air, therefore I get flight by default.There'd be virtually no limit to the number of things I could do.Actually... thinking it over yet again...I'd want Martian Manhunter's (and Freddy Kreuger's) ability to change shape/mass/density into whatever I want at will. That would be the handiest thing ever!!!Bullets/anything... go right through me without harm.Need more muscle? Go go form of Arnhold Shwartzenegger with the density of steel.I could be lighter than air, therefore I get flight by default.There'd be virtually no limit to the number of things I could do.

Since I started watching Avatar: The Last Airbender, I've been having daydreams about bending. I daydream about being able to perform all four forms of bending, but mostly airbending. So instead of being in a dark urban jungle like CA Rodgers, I daydream about being in a vast mythic semi-Asian, semi-Mayan world of super-natural fighting.

aang.png

i like how FDB was the most honest one here. wait, so benny, you want to summon demons from hell, and MH wants to be, uh, invisible? this is quite a team we're making here.

Jax makes me want to actually watch that series to know what he's talking about, but i say no fair: i thought we were choosing powers, not location! id take mystic asia over urban sprawl any day, especially knowing when i inevitably catch dysentery from eating dog or whatever, my healing'd have my back.

Nah it's teleportation, like Nightcrawler but without...you know...being blue.

yes. yes. we need a porter.

i mean, think about it: depending on your range and how many people can come in tow, we could totally do things like say "let's make this place our base everday until somebody comes home."

greece.jpg

also, MH: good! we'll need a psychic on our team if we come to battle with the evil FDB.

I'm not sure if this is a catalogued power or one I just made up but I always thought it would be cool to be able to turn yourself into a shadow and use them as entrances and exits wherever you want. Ha ha, no one could escape me because I'd just always pop up right behind you! (Or in front of you if you're standing in front of a light or something. Also I would have a knife.)

but i say no fair: i thought we were choosing powers, not location!

He did ask about what setting we see ourselves in.

Whenever I'm board I always put myself in situations. Situations I know I will never be in.... don't worry this isn't me asking everyone what super power they would have. I am asking, say you have the super power of your dreams. What kind of world would you live in and who would the bad guy be??

Anyway, you should check out Avatar.

I'm not sure if this is a catalogued power or one I just made up but I always thought it would be cool to be able to turn yourself into a shadow and use them as entrances and exits wherever you want. Ha ha, no one could escape me because I'd just always pop up right behind you! (Or in front of you if you're standing in front of a light or something. Also I would have a knife.)

That sounds like one of the villians in Ninja Scroll, Shijima.

shijima.jpg

He had a grappling hook/claw for a hand.

shijima02.jpg

The claw is not much against bullets, but the guy can move in and out of shadows including his own, so being able to quickly drop into your own shadow is pretty good against bullets. Then you shoot the claw out from a shadow, and pull the mother fucker into his own shadow.

i'd love the ability to throw spoons.. shit, thats been done already...

I'd love to be able to fly, and viciously fast at that, like, breaking the speed of sound kinda speeds.

Throwing spoons is still cool man. I say throw all the spoons you want!! Throw some rusty spoons.

Archived