Hondo's Bar

Twitter

The NZA

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a twitter account that's integrated with my blog...but I seem to use it less than my blog.

It's cool if I have an awesome update ("At the NIN show"), but as for everyday life...I'm not really a micro-blogger. I don't care about the small details in my own life like that, why should anyone else.

Basically you can send a text message to Twitter, and it posts it to your account. You're limited to 100 characters (I think), so you can only get out a few phrases at a time. It's micro-blogging. From your phone. For free*.

I dunno...it's cool...but......weird.

*Free doesn't include the cost of text messages through your cell phone service provider.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

twitter.com/frailure

I dig twitter because it tells everyone WHAT I'M DOING AND WHERE I AM AND WHAT I'M ABOUT TO DO AND WHAT I'M THINKING AND ZOMG I'M SO IMPORTANT.

I dunno, haha. It's a great way to be updated when you're not around a computer to read LJ or whatevs, in addition to not seeing some people in AGES and what they're up to, how they're doing, etc.

Using my Twitter more (as well as all my other social networking sites) was one of my New Years resolutions. I haven't been keeping up with it yet.

I've been using mine off and on for a year. I like the concept of trying to update what you're up to in only 140 characters. I can write a long blog about every boring detail of my day to day routine, but the way I usually write, it's usually met with 'TL&DR'.

With Twitter I feel like I can keep those who are interested up on what I'm up to... keep up communication with people who are usually VERy long winded (more so than myself) without getting overwhelmed, and keep up with some of my favorite celebs and news (@GregGrunberg, @theBandfromTV, @CFNews13 to name a few). I like it. :birf2:

@Jesi

Feel free to follow me if you like. :)

IDEA: A whole page of the hondonian twitter badges. that would be full of win.

Twitter's not for everyone but it's certainly not deserving of some of the negativity it's gotten. Then again, I'm on the other side of the fence. I for one can not STAND Facebook. I had it for a while, then got rid of it because it did absolutely nothing for me. I'm even considering killing my Myspace. Again, does nothing for me except fill up my inbox with the very same 'buddy updates' that I could get on Twitter, without the browser-killing videos animated gifs, and bullshit 'games'. I like my social networking to be short, sweet, to the point, without a lot of time-consuming rubbish, so Twitter works just fine for me. -nods-

• 1 month later...