Hondo's Bar

Hondonian Achievements

The NZA

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Title, Description, Value...there's only room for two of the three if you want to keep it looking just like the Xbox banner. Which two do you want? Technically, many of the descriptions are going to be hard to fit as it is, but we'll have to have them somewhere.

Sure but then it becomes a big involved thing. With this, all Nick or whoever would have to do is change the text everytime they wanted to make a new one. I think it'd be ok to have just the title and the points on there, we'd just have to have a list somewhere on the board so that people can look up what each achievement was for.

Or we can just shorten the descriptions. Most of them can be shortened to fit pretty effectively without ruining the meaning.

nice. good jorb, SB.

would it work better with something more iconic though, like this? pip.gif

as for gamercards, yeah, im getting images in my head of skeet/2T paint productions but theyd still be grand to see. we could just draft a master list of names, defintions & point values...the MS ones usually just say ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED with point value & name, but we could do a mini one like:

1232472021.png

...no? either way, id need a blank template one, obviously, and if SB can suggest font type & size that works, that'd be the tops. i can totally find a template for gamercard ripoffs too.

I have a psd version of it with the text areas editable if you want it. I found 11pt (for my size banner, anyway) Arial or Helvetica to be a pretty good match, font-wise. Unfortunately I did the Hbox logo pixel by pixel so I can't reproduce it any bigger than that.

we still gotta decide on a final roster for which ones to go with and such, and what you want done with em. i can just as easily put em into your profile under "awards" but if we want to go all-out with Hondonian gamercards or whatever, we gotta design that too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

No Life - 100 posts in one day (15 Hondo's points)

Hondonian - Posted 5,000th post (25 Hondo's points)

Mile-High Club - Posted 10,000th post (50 Hondo's points)

True Hondonian - Posted 50,000th post (300 Hondo's points)

Shack Addict - 500 posts in the Crap Shack (5 Hondo's points)

It's Not Length, It's Longevity - Starting a thread that's gone over a 25 pages (20 Hondo's points)

Voyered - Your member profile has been viewed 1,000 times (15 Hondos points)

Holla at 'cha board! - Posted in the Shoutbox/Hollabox 150 times (15 Hondo's Points)

SUCKERS! - Recruited 15 members (15 Hondo's points)

I Was There - On when 'most members ever online in one day' record is broken (20 Hondo's points)

I LOve yUO HoND0$ ba r - Posted in the 'Drunken Posting' thread at least 10 times (20 Hondo's points)

Road Trip! - Traveled to another STATE to meet Hondonians (25 Hondo's points)

Frequent-Flier Miles - Traveled to another CONTINENT to meet Hondonians (35 Hondo's points)

One Big Happy Family - Met 25 fellow Hondonians (30 Hondo's points)

Award Whore - Won at least 5 awards in the Hondo's Awards (10 Hondo's points)

Epic Fail - Won at least 3 'Bitterest' awards in the Hondo's Awards (5 Hondo's points)

Secret Santa - Gave 5 gifts to fellow Hondonians (10 Hondo's points)

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Received at least 5 gifts without ever having sent one yourself (15 Hondo's points)

Patience Is A Virtue - Won a debate against either Arch or Jax (25 Hondo's points)

King of Politics - Won a debate against BOTH Arch AND Jax (50 Hondo's points)

Arteeest - Have had at least 5 pieces in the art gallery (15 Hondo's points)

HonDID IT! - Hooked up with a fellow Hondonian not brought on by you, but someone you MET on Hondos (100 Hondo's points)

NSFW - Shown your goods on Hondos (100 Hondo's points)

• 2 months later...

Perfect. Needs more.

Out of civic responsibility I need to give an official warning to Hondonians not familiar with an achievement based numerical ranking system like this, and have no idea of the kind of MONSTER that's attracted to this sort of thing.

This could be your future.

*Be prepared for days when 3 different people are grinding for the 100 posts in one day achievement. You get Shack Addict on the way, just makes sense.

*Anything that will rely on people to have "honor" or "honesty" or "moral decency" will be meaningless.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna be off for a while. Goin' to Australia."

Skeet confirms. But only because I've been sitting at home, on another profile I've fiendishly convinced everyone is another person (a sexy lady, natch) working to get him the Profile viewed 1,000 times achievement. Secrets and lies. SECRETS. AND. LIES!

*Jax and Arch will take turns saying "Awwwwww, you got me" and high five over their Patience Is A Virtue achievement. They will both immediately proceed to win arguments with themselves.

*Someone, at some point, will be called a n00b.

*A person who remains something of an enigma is competing for the 50,000th post. If asked, people would say they do not know him, as he has never once related to any other person or directly responded to any post or comment.

But people will know that he always eats Fruity Pebbles in the morning.

And that he drives thru Burger King every Friday.

In fact, every meal he eats will be a matter of public record.

And he seems to eat a lot.

He will post on the word association thread for hours on end, replying to his own posts. Sometimes one can catch touching moments of self realization, most of the time it's just unsettling.

Salami

Tile Floor

Bathroom

Cold

Secrets

Hopscotch

He will occasionally post text messages that he has received.

From Magdalena

hey cutie i cat wait to see u b/c it is valentines day i am going to do things with you penis b/c iam ur girlfrind im so happy that the pic in your profile on hondos looks so much like u and i know it does its b/c i took the pic

That's the tip of the iceberg folks.

You have been warned. Officially.

EDIT: Any resemblance to persons living or dead was purely coincidental. I should have done a member name search first.

Perfect. Needs more.

Out of civic responsibility I need to give an official warning to Hondonians not familiar with an achievement based numerical ranking system like this, and have no idea of the kind of MONSTER that's attracted to this sort of thing.

This could be your future.

*Be prepared for days when 3 different people are grinding for the 100 posts in one day achievement. You get Shack Addict on the way, just makes sense.

*Anything that will rely on people to have "honor" or "honesty" or "moral decency" will be meaningless.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna be off for a while. Goin' to Australia."

Skeet confirms. But only because I've been sitting at home, on another profile I've fiendishly convinced everyone is another person (a sexy lady, natch) working to get him the Profile viewed 1,000 times achievement. Secrets and lies. SECRETS. AND. LIES!

*Jax and Arch will take turns saying "Awwwwww, you got me" and high five over their Patience Is A Virtue achievement. They will both immediately proceed to win arguments with themselves.

*Someone, at some point, will be called a n00b.

*A person who remains something of an enigma is competing for the 50,000th post. If asked, people would say they do not know him, as he has never once related to any other person or directly responded to any post or comment.

But people will know that he always eats Fruity Pebbles in the morning.

And that he drives thru Burger King every Friday.

In fact, every meal he eats will be a matter of public record.

And he seems to eat a lot.

He will post on the word association thread for hours on end, replying to his own posts. Sometimes one can catch touching moments of self realization, most of the time it's just unsettling.

He will occasionally post text messages that he has received.

That's the tip of the iceberg folks.

You have been warned. Officially.

EDIT: Any resemblance to persons living or dead was purely coincidental. I should have done a member name search first.

lulz, you n00b :arty:

Archived