Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

This weekend was INSANE!!!!!The parties i did for the source awards were out of hand!!!!!! i spun alongside HOT 97's DJ Camilo (Heavy Hitterz) and Boston's own DJ Chubby Chub (Heavy Hitterz) and Nick i know u would appreciate this, i was hanging out with Pete Rock, yes, THE PETE ROCK from Pete Rock and CL Smooth so that was pretty tight , i had a great weekend!!! and it aint finished, check me out tonite @ Krave with CAmilo and CHubby Chub, sorry da nick , i miss poker night just this last time!!!

Edited by DJ Ario X

Ario is off the hook for poker night, cause he met Pete Rock...fuck thats cool. :D

on the local miami scene:

trick love da ke-ah

Trick Daddy recently announced that he plans to support the Concerned Citizens of Miami-Dade County Schools in their quest to better Miami's school system.

The Miami-based political action committee was founded after several firmly contested election school boards' seat races resulted in a run-off election. The county has long been plagued with allegations of racism and racial discrimination.

"I live here, and I see what goes on in the schools. We have racists trying to buy seats on our school boards," Trick Daddy said in a statement. "Kids don't have new books, so I guess it's our job to not elect crooks. Crooks, because they rob kids of the tools and rules they need to get ahead and survive the system that failed a lot of my friends."

Concerned Citizens will focus on elections that will benefit all children and is dedicated to ceasing the socio-economic imbalance in Miami-Dade Schools. It will also stress the importance of voter participation and registration.

here

Beware the Trojan Horse

Contributed by ACLU

Attorney General Ashcroft and his allies in Congress are using the 9/11 Commission report as cover for new government powers that would infringe on the rights of Americans and foreign guests. The new vehicle for their ill-advised efforts -- a new bill in the House of Representatives -- would likely create what amounts to a national identification card, drastically curtail basic fairness in the nation's immigration system and expand on the PATRIOT Act.

This new legislation (H.R. 10) could create a de facto national identification card by imposing standards on the states. For example, after three years from the date of the legislation's House passage, the federal government would be unable to accept a state driver's license as proof of identity unless it conformed to certain requirements set by the federal government. More troubling, however, is that the bill would require the linking of state motor vehicle databases, thereby creating a national database which could be error-prone and a rich target for identity thieves.

The proposed legislation would also allow a person to be prosecuted for being a member of a group involved in illegal activities designated by the government as a "terrorist organization," even if that person that has nothing to do with the group's violent activities and even if they are trying to persuade the group to give up violence and join the political process.

Several provisions of the legislation would drastically overhaul the current immigration system to deny immigrants basic judicial review over unfair, arbitrary or otherwise abusive deportations. None of these policy changes were recommended by the 9/11 Commission. For example, this legislation would allow the government to deport people to countries that do not even have a working government. It would also make it harder for refugees to be granted asylum, and make it easier for the government to deport them even if their case is under appeal.