Hondo's Bar

Blargh - The Random Thread

The NZA

in honor of page 600! and my friend for finding it, b/c she's awesome:

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished, as the once vital voice of the verisimilitude now venerates what they once vilified. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vangquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose vis-à-vis an introduction, and so it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

NBA Superstar Shaquille O'Neal is Kazaam, a larger-than-life genie with a magic touch for nostop fun laughter!  After 5,000 long years of captivity, Kazaam is set free to grant three wishes to a new master.  From then on, he's catapulted to one wild adventure after another... from becoming the latest rap sensation or untangling an outrageous mob scheme! As the giant genie with an attitude, Shaq scores big laughs in this hilarious comedy hit that's sure to be a slam-dunk winner with everyone!

Edited by Iambaytor

Ask yourselves this, who is the ultimate musical and lyrical genius of all time? John Lennon? Kurt Cobain? Paul McCartney? Daniel Beddingfield? John Otway? Chas `n Dave? No, none of these, it is without doubt David Hasselhoff. Just implant his greatest hits CD through your skull and into the fragile tangle of grey-pink flesh and blood vessels of your brain and you will come to realise that without the expressive, artistic genius of Hasselhoff this life would not be worth living.

Listening to his album you can't help but feel that big Dave has taken you from behind, bent you to his will and slipped a long purple veined length of musical love into the aural pleasure regions of your nether zone.

I've been a worshipper of Durgen Hummersnarf ever since I accidentally got a plane to Hamburg and every single airline radio station was playing back to back Hasselhoff hits. By the time I got off the plane my mind was jelly and my guts were turning over. So I swiftly found the men's loos and emptied my pain down the porcelain pan forever. I love Durvid Humplestump, with his saintly singing he has transformed me into a crazed music loving Hasselhair zealot that will stop at nothing to bring his Best Of album into the hearts and minds of every child on Earth. The song `Hot Shot City' is particularly good.

PRESS RELEASE

HOT ARTIST SKOTTIE YOUNG SIGNS EXCLUSIVE DEAL WITH MARVEL COMICS!

Skottie Young, known for his unique and stylish art on NEW WARRIORS, HUMAN TORCH, ICEMAN, VENOM, SPIDER-MAN: LEGEND OF THE SPIDER-CLAN, and X-MEN UNLIMITED feels like he’s paid some dues with Marvel Comics…and now he’s going exclusive with the industry leader.

“I've been working with Marvel since 2001 and for them to offer me a permanent home for the next few years is exciting,” says he. “Knowing that I'm going to be doing projects with Marvel for the foreseeable future let's me put a little more energy into the creative process, and less on lining up my next project. I'm looking forward to growing as an artist!”

Above and beyond comics, he has also been artistically involved with animation, toys, trading cards, and role-playing games.

When asked why Marvel is the type of company he can commit to, Young is quick to answer, and answer confidently. “There's plenty of reasons really. There are some great characters at Marvel that I'd like to sink my teeth into, but mostly, working with (writer) Zeb Wells on a few more projects is what really hooked me in. We had such a great time on NEW WARRIORS, and I just couldn't imagine not moving onto another project or company with out him.”

“Zeb and I really put our heads together and came up with a fun approach on that title. I think the end result was exactly what we intended it to be. This was also the first project that I controlled all of the art chores, pencils, inks and colors. So, that was a fun challenge and a great learning experience.”

“And, like I said before, I've been working with Marvel for awhile already, so I feel comfortable with the crew up there.”

“The money is a nice touch, to...haha”

Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada has high praise for Young. “We’re probably overdue with showing Skottie how much he means to us at Marvel, but hey, better late than never! His work is a great example of the diversity in art styles we want to nurture here. He and it rock this House.”

Young is dreaming of future work, of course, and the vast library of Marvel characters. “First, I would give up a limb to bring back GENERATION X. I'm not even kidding. That book is the reason that I draw comics for a living. It blew my mind. Chamber, Skin, and the rest of the crew were so sick. So, if I could just convince someone up at the House to throw me the keys that car, I could die a happy man.”

“Second would be Spidey and Venom. I did a short run on Venom at the end of the last series and people seemed to like it. I enjoy villains, and Venom is just nasty. I think that is most def a character that I could try some new things on. I'd love to start a new ongoing of Venom and just tear it up. Or just get on Spidey book and flip it on its head.”

Still, for the present and immediate future, the young artist is pragmatic. “Now that the pressure of lining up new projects out in the world is gone, I can really focus on stepping up my game. NEW WARRIORS was a funny book, and the art matched that tone. After working on that kind of art, I'm ready to get a little gritty, and dark. I really want to deal with some heavier material.”

“I think that will help push me to find new places that I can take my art.”

So No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs.No current needs. So horribly fucking bored.

Shit. I passed 1000 posts and didn't even notice...

Ah well.

Whoo! 1000!

Holy shit!

Land shark- I mean alligator...

http://news.aol.com/strange/story?id=n2006...9990002&cid=936

Alligator Knocks on Florida Woman's Door

ap

BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. (March 23) - So now the alligators are going door to door. When Lori Pachelli heard someone knocking at the door of her home in a gated community in this southwest Florida community earlier this week, she looked out to see an unwelcome visitor on her front stoop: an 8-foot alligator.

The bull gator, which had wandered up from the pond behind the house, had a bloody lip from banging its head against the door.

"He was pretty big, pretty aggressive," Pachelli said, adding that the gator may have followed her home from walking her cocker spaniel, Trooper.

Pachelli's husband, Mike, said he sped home after his wife called him in hysterics. The animal remained at the Pachellis' door for about an hour before going back into the lake, where trapper John French captured it later.

French said it's not unusual to find male alligators in some pretty interesting places this time of year.

"You're starting into what's called the crawl season, the breeding season," he said. "We get them out of front porches, out of garages, out of swimming pools."

The Pachellis said they never dreamed an alligator would venture that close to the house.

"I've never seen them walking around (the neighborhood), let alone banging on my front door," Lori Pachelli said.

blah.

Edited by Lycaon

I am Milton J. Papamagrat Papamagaritus.

All people think of me as quiet little Greek

boy, but you are not knowing of my pain. I

wish for me to be sex-crazed man, and yet

no little girls enjoy me in a dirty way. Today

I break free of plastic bla sheets that hold me

down. With Poppy's hoe I will beat myself into

manhood forever. I love you, Eva, Papa.

Goodbye.

-Milton

...miranda zero?

tonight i watch withnail & i, lookin forward to it. i just recalled that the one jumbie told me to see was nate & hayes, prolly a whole other movie.

Fear & Loathing, Pirates & Caribbean...there's a lotta movies people talk about lately with ampersands that i havent seen.