Hondo's Bar

Sonic the Hedgehog 4!

Boogie

How many years has it been that we’ve been saying Sonic should return to his roots? This is a rhetorical question we’ve been asking around the office lately, seeing as SEGA have released a teaser video hinting at a return to form for the radical hedgehog. The trailer which makes a point of giving pretty much nothing away says one clear thing “2D”. And that’s where Sonic has always been at his best.

Me being a big fan of the old sega Sonic games, im seriously hyped...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you, me, and most of the internet, man. HD-up Sonic 1-3 plus Sonic CD and ill buy it at a high price. Team Sonic is kind of hollow without Yuji Naka and some of its greats, but again, i gave Sonic Unleashed a fair shake and while it was actually enjoyable, they wrapped so much bullshit around just playing the game it was a mess.

the sonic cycle image is so true. everything starts looking great - they talk about back to basics, sonic's gonna have platforming and haul ass through some sections and its gonna be just as awesome as when you were younger, like mario does. the details leak, and moreso than just bringing more friends along no one gives a fuck about (silver the hedgehog? WTF?), they gotta add a gimmick. sega's been talking more lately about how they know they need to really do something good with the series, but theyve prolly said that shit before and they still end up catering to the wrong crowd somehow. i just dont get it.

haha, of course not, shit's old son! but it looks a bit sharper in some places, and trophies are fun.

if you like the lineup, id say get it, you can have that game for a song (at least here) now. but hey, if youre emulating on your PC, i guess that takes care of that! the only plus is that you can unlock arcade games too, which is cool.

but yeah, rumors hitting GAF have been leaked talk that Sega wants this to be "the one to bring everyone back around". i like hearing this. however, i stand with newt here.

• 3 months later...

500x_sonic.jpg

The names on this image represent potential playable characters in Sega's Project Needlemouse 2D Sonic the Hedgehog revival, and only your knowledge of Sonic trivia can help narrow down the list!

Sega is ready to reveal new information on Project Needlemouse, but the company isn't giving away the information for free. Instead, every day for the next four days, Sega will be posting trivia questions at its various websites. If 100 fans answer the questions correctly, names will be removed from the image, culminating in the final reveal on Friday, with 250 correct replies required for the bonus point.

Considering Tails and Knuckles aren't on the list, I'm betting that Sega is planning on pulling a fast one here, and by Friday there's only going to be one name on the list.

It better be just Sonic on that list.

Considering Sega's track record im sure they can find a way to cock this up.

If I see any other character other than Sonic, Tails, Knuckles or Amy I am going to lose abit of my shit.

and if they continue to call Dr. Robotnik, Dr.Eggman I am really going to lose all of my shit.

Ok ok, I know the Japanese have always refered to him as Eggman but this isn't a fucking Beatles song I want my god damn Robotnik!

Just give me a 2.5D remake of Sonic 3 and its expansion pack and Ill be happy.

In Project Needlemouse, there will be no new characters – playable or otherwise. The focus will remain solely on one blue hedgehog. If you’re now the most overjoyed person in the world, or even if you’re still curious about more, let us know in the comments below!

4276408713_b15c435ef1_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
tails, too. i mean, not having Shadow or Silver is a good start, but...oh hey, Big the Cat. im alright with him.

ps mebbe Knuckles is back to being a boss fight?

Fuck. That. Shit.

Knuckles is the only, THE ONLY, Non-Sonic character who was ever awesome. Amy and her stupid fucking hammer can eat my dick, and Tails and his habit of running into the things I dodge in that weird running toward the middle of the screen level (Yes, I'm still complaining about Tails' hobby of dying a lot in Sonic 2) and Shadow and his... everything. Knuckles was the only other good character and if he isn't playable and somebody else is then I'm going to be pissed.

Seriously Big the fucking Cat and no Knuckles? This is going to make me nostalgically think of the good old days of Werehogs and implied bestiality.

WHy in fucking hell is Knuckles not on that list? WHY THE FUCK?! :sad:

It's people like you who are the problem you see. It's like sayin' OH well I'll try pot once to see if I like it, then you try heroin once to see if its ok. You start down that road and soon you're shooting up pink bunnies and purple rhinos and there's a million fucking characters walking around all because you thought you needed something more than you actually did.

Don't fuck this up for the rest of us.

Edited by Bindusara

It's people like you who are the problem you see. It's like sayin' OH well I'll try pot once to see if I like it, then you try heroin once to see if its ok. You start down that road and soon you're shooting up pink bunnies and purple rhinos and there's a million fucking characters walking around all because you thought you needed something more than you actually did.

Don't fuck this up for the rest of us.

Don't you try and pin Cream and Cheese on Knuckles. Knuckles came into the series when it was still good and was a damn sight better than Tails. Besides, asking for one of the original good characters isn't ruining it for everyone compared to the catastrophe that is that list.

Don't you try and pin Cream and Cheese on Knuckles. Knuckles came into the series when it was still good and was a damn sight better than Tails. Besides, asking for one of the original good characters isn't ruining it for everyone compared to the catastrophe that is that list.

You are correct that Knuckles is a far superior character when put up against the trainwreck that is the rest of the Sonic crew. The SEGA team however is like a bunch of kids with ray guns that have one component missing. Right now it's safe and no harm no foul, but if we hand them that last piece that could make it complete, the Knuckles component, they could bring the whole thing down around us. To them, if putting Knuckles in the game makes it better then there's nothing stopping them from putting Patty the pink furry fuck in there too and her rag tag group of rule 34 friends. Keeping knuckles out right now until they have this game right is just SEGAs way of double wrapping that shit and I'm ok with it.

WHy in fucking hell is Knuckles not on that list? WHY THE FUCK?! :sad:

Did we miss the joke of that list? None of those bastards are going to be in Project Needlemouse. The fact that knuckles and tails are not on the list means they might actually be in the game.

And sorry Nick, that means no Big the Cat for you...

Edited by C_U_SPACECOWBOY