Hondo's Bar

The Amazing Spider-Man

Gwen is making it to, at least, the end of a third movie. I can see a Parker/Osborn rivalry being born in the second (Peter will find out Osborn had something to do with his parent's disappearance) while Peter has sky battles with the Vulture. Also, we'll learn more about Pete's father's research setting up the Sinister Six (which will show up in a post credit scene). Three will be Osborn leading the Six against Spidey with Spidey defeating all except Green Goblin. Then say bye-bye to Gwen Stacy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mary-Jane gets introduced as early as the second movie.

Edited by Panch

Good storytelling would be the filmmaker changing stuff that contrasts what came before. As we all saw, these guys did everything different from the previous films. The core was the same, but the details were different. Amazing's battles were underground, in the sewers with close combat. Part two will now take the fight above the city.

This is all speculation, of course. Still, if mystery dude does turn out to be Goblin we can still be optimistic for air battles :)

• 1 month later...

So I for some reason never saw this in cinema. Even stranger, despite waiting this long, decided to watch a mediocre bootleg last night.

About half way through though suddenly in my line of site I see this

8b863d98.jpg

This little guy just lowers himself about an inch from my face between me and Peter Parker. I'd be lying if I didn't think for a split second "What if I let this guy bite me? Will I get the proportionate strength of a spider?" But alas it wasn't to be, my flash scared him off.

3bd62ac2.jpg

• 1 month later...

MJ, Electro rumors

6WCeQ.jpg

It looks like Mary Jane Watson is back in Peter Parker's life, as "The Descendants" star Shailene Woodley is in early talks to play the redheaded love interest in Sony's "The Amazing Spider-Man 2."

Woodley is the studio's leading choice to join stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone in the Marc Webb-directed sequel, which is preparing to start casting. Character breakdowns have gone out to talent agencies and Electro is rumored to be one of the villains the filmmakers are considering for the next installment of the hit comicbook franchise.

In addition to Mary Jane Watson and an unspecified villain, the studio is seeking an actor to play Harry Osborn, Peter Parker's best friend and eventual enemy, who was played by James Franco in Sam Raimi's original trilogy that starred Kirsten Dunst as M.J.

With production not starting until early next year, the studio still has plenty of time to decide which Marvel villain will battle Spider-Man. One of the options, Electro, is the namesake of Max Dillon, an enemy of Spider-Man who gains the ability to control electricity after being struck by lightning. Created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, the character first appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man #9 in February 1964.

In "The Amazing Spider-Man's" post-credit sequence, set inside Dr. Curt Connors' cell at an asylum, the Lizard is approached by a mysterious, shadowy figure (Michael Massee) who asks if Peter Parker knows the truth about his father. Lightning features prominently in the scene.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing the sequel, whose screenplay will be credited to frequent tentpole scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, as well as Jeff Pinkner, based on a previous draft by James Vanderbilt.

"The Amazing Spider-Man" grossed $751 million worldwide and the sequel is skedded to swing into theaters in 3D on May 2, 2014.

Woodley was nominated for a Golden Globe and won an Independent Spirit Award for her perf as George Clooney's eldest daughter in Alexander Payne's "The Descendants." She was flooded by movie offers in the wake of the film's success, but remained focused on her ABC Family series "The Secret Life of the American Teenager," which will end its run after its upcoming fifth season. Thesp is attached to star in Gregg Araki's indie drama "White Bird" and recently wrapped James Ponsoldt's "The Spectacular Now" with Miles Teller.

She's repped by Paradigm, the Savage Agency, Principato-Young Entertainment and Felker Toczek Gellman Suddleson.

same director, same spidey is what i'm reading

• 3 weeks later...

So yeah... our store just got in our copies of the movie on dvd and bluray (I work at Walgreens) and I was like "oh shit I didn't know this came out this week!" so I asked someone, and they were like yeah I guess it did so I picked up a copy since I got paid... just looked online and the release date is Nov 9th on video.... Woops!

Edited by axel_napalm

I still think this movie was better than 1 & 3 of the last trilogy and is at least equal to 2. If Sony ever starts feeling gracious this Spidey would fit perfectly in the Avengers universe and would be awesome to see fighting with the team.