Hondo's Bar

Batman and/VS Wolverine

Keth

Batman Vs Wolverine  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Re: strength. His musculature is braced by adamantium. That lets him exert a lot more force without damage than a normal person could. Plus hes been carrying it around for years. Shits heavy. Combined with the regeneration of tissue, it equals a stout dude.

Officially I think the quote is "excess of 800 lbs for short periods".

In Venom, Batman was all pissed because he couldnt deadlift 400lbs. So hes like twice as strong as Batman.

That's kinda the thing about every major Wolverine fight: he gets his ass kicked, then he comes back and wins.

I'm not sure if using previous fights as precedent is really the right direction to go with this though. They've both come out on top outside of their weight class plenty of times.

Batman has a super power: he's fuckin' brilliant. He's so good at analyzing a situation and acting accordingly that he's regularly included in large conflicts between super humans.

There seems to be an implication at times in this thread that Wolverine is stupid. He's not, he just talks that way, but he's kinda stupid when he's standing next to Bruce Wayne.

I trust that Wolverine would be analyzed and dealt with pretty quickly. He's gonna dodge a batarang and jump right into some bolas or something. I dunno. I'm not Batman.

Uh in the first Wolverine mini didn't Shingen beat the ever loving tar out of Wolverine with no powers and some cheap shots? I know Wolvie won the rematch, and it's been forever since I read the series.

he did indeed, after a :wolvy: with a far lesser healing factor had been given "with enough lethal poison to kill several dozen ordinary men". does bats carry that much toxin on him though? how would he administer it, given that logan was a guest of Shingen's house for a while prior?

I trust that Wolverine would be analyzed and dealt with pretty quickly. He's gonna dodge a batarang and jump right into some bolas or something. I dunno. I'm not Batman.

you are no fun at all

i'ma go make a new batman thread to gauge where he's rated here without prep-time, because i'm not really sure. i mean, bindy thought he had this one in the bag if only he carried a non-portable MRI machine or something.

A shadowy figure stands atop a building surveying the bustling streets below. Batman, Gotham City's Dark Knight, is as still as a gargoyle. The only movement is from his cape flapping slightly in the night sky. He peers protectively down at the city's citizens, alert to every vehicle and pedestrian. Under his cowl and in his left ear, his silent com-link begins to emit white noise. Suddenly, he feels static in the air around him and in a brilliant flash of light... he disappears.

The X-Man known as The Wolverine stalks his unsuspecting prey. In the thick woods, a magnificent buck grazes just upwind of the him. Wolverine makes no sound as he makes his approach. His eyes tighten, focusing. His nose is filled with the musk of the creature. Suddenly, the animal's head jolts up as if spooked by something. Logan knows this is impossible. No victim has ever discovered him before he can strike. He lunges. The hairs on his arms and legs begin to stand on end as static fills the air around him. The deer bounds away as Wolverine disappears into thin air.

Utah's Monument Valley. Evening. Enormous shadows are cast by the formations rising from the earth. The sun setting in the distance is overtaken by two flashes of light that fill the immediate surrounding area. Two men appear, just feet from one another. Batman's eyes widen as he realizes that the stranger before him is coming in for the kill. Six knives nearly take off his head before he ducks. Instinctively he raises his body grabbing a hold of the attackers torso and using his momentum to throw him in the direction behind him. Batman is taken aback by the massive weight of the man. The momentum being the sole reason he is able to finish the maneuver.

Wolverine is thrown head over heels, coming to a halt atop the roof of a black car. The slam denting the heavily armored vehicle. Taking a split second to regain his bearings, Wolverine flips to his feet and turns to face his new opponent. Not the deer, but a man dressed in gray and black. The Batman, again is confused as he looks at his Batmobile in the middle of the desert. He doesn't have time to think about why it would be there before Wolverine is lunging once again.

Batman begins to take large strides back trying to gain distance from his would be killer. Simultaneously, he reaches his right hand into a pouch on the left side of his belt. The growl from The Wolverine nearly shocks him to a halt. Still, three Batarangs fly, then six, but Wolverine slices them all out of the sky. Batman quickly takes a closer look and realizes that the "knives" are protruding from his clenched fists. Batman is able to get three more Batarangs in the air, this time hitting their mark, embedding themselves in his bare chest.

Wolverine feels the pain, but doesn't even flinch. Instead he stops to look down at the objects in his chest. He then retracts his claws and pulls a Batarang out. "Heh. Little bats," he says before pulling the rest and popping his claws again. "Not a mindless animal," Batman thinks to himself as he continues to back away, but Wolverine is right on him. Batman barely evades a flurry of slashes, but is distracted by the wounds on Wolverine's chest healing themselves until not even the blood remained. The pause was enough for Wolverine to land a blow, ripping Batman's body-armor like paper.

Batman's chest felt like it was on fire and when he looked down to see the three slash marks in his armor, he noticed it was worse than he thought. Blood had replaced his bat symbol. Despite this, he knew the strike was not fatal. Just a scratch, but the next one might mean the end. He didn't heal like this monster, but this "magic" healer meant he could play dirty.

Wolverine's slashing continued, but this time Batman had turned and began to run. Wolverine nearly laughed at loud as he thought about this amateur exposing his easily clutchable cape to him, but was surprised when the cape smothered him. Obviously released by this "Bat-Man". "Clever, bub," The Wolverine thought. All it took was one outward motion swipe and the cape was ripped in two. No sooner was it gone that Batman was tossing an incendiary flare right into Wolverine's face, exploding on contact.

All Wolverine saw was a white light and then blackness. His eyes melted from the blast. His nose and lips burned completely off. Rage consumed The Wolverine and he began to swing wildly and with more intensity then ever before. Batman was slightly shocked that he didn't go down. Still, he stepped quickly to the side as Wolverine strode passed him, his head on fire. While in motion, Batman was readying his grapping gun with a bolo snare. Once ready he took aim and shot directly at Wolverine's feet.

Wolverine fell to the ground with a hard thud. The pain on his face distracting him from knowing what actually hit him. He scrambled to his feet and instantly felt the rumbling on the ground. SLAM! Wolverine flew into the air, the Batmobile passing underneath him. Wolverine hit the ground hard again, but before he could get to his feet he was pulled hard from his legs and was being violently dragged behind the speeding vehicle. Bouncing each time he slammed into a rock or imperfection in the topography.

It took a moment, but Batman's dashboard radar was finally working properly. He now had a lay of the this very unfamiliar land. Some of the Batmobile's systems were offline, including communication and GPS, and he could only assume that it was caused by the static disruption that cause him to end up fighting this stranger. "The stranger!" he thought and looked in his rear-view camera. Gone.

Batman looked back up to see a very badly battered Wolverine crouched on his hood, his right arm descending towards the windshield. This time his claws were gone. His fist impacted with such a force that it shattered the supposed shatter-proof glass. The flying shards bombarded Batman's exposed face, causing him to swerve. Wolverine hung on, his left claws imbedded into the hood of the Batmobile. He then dove head-first into the vehicle and was met with Batman's fist. Instantly, Batman's hand broke. Wolverine's already healing eyes caught a glimpse of a green ring. "Kryptonite. It was worth a try", Batman thought.

The Batmobile was wildly swerving, causing plumes of dirt and sand to fill the night air. The moon was out now and was the sole illumination of the amazing scene. Batman fought with The Wolverine to keep him from entering the vehicle. The two traded blows, but Wolverine was gaining the upper hand. Batman glanced down to his radar screen and his eyes widened. He had one chance.

Batman brought his right leg up from underneath the steering wheel and with all his might kicked Wolverine in the face. Wolverine stumbled and Batman reached down and pulled an emergency release the shot Batman and his seat into the night air... just as Wolverine and the Batmobile were propelled off the side of a cliff. With one last ditch effort, Batman was yanked and was now descending into the canyon with Wolverine. The Batmobile attached by cable to Wolverine who was holding on to Batman's ankle. Batman kicked and kicked until, finally Wolverine let go.

Two mechanical bat-wings shot out from the sides of the chair and Batman began to glide. He watched as he Wolverine was pulled into the canyon by the falling Batmobile. The darkness of the canyon prevented Batman from seeing more until a large fireball erupted. Batman sighed... victorious.

PROLOGUE:

A futuristic monitor displayed the scene. The Batman gliding to safety as Wolverine disappeared into a fireball. Then a deep and terrifying voice said, "DC 1. Marvel 0."

• Upvote 1

Nick stole my thunder with that other Batman vs thread. Also, had a whole alternate ending that involved a goo gun, but I was so tired by the end, I just didn't have it in me.

Logan, why don't you draw that comic?

Edited by Panch

How's this, Logan... I'll draw it little-by-little and send it to you that way. Starting with the cover (covers are my favorite)? Should I do back-to-back pages or just draw singles for all pages (does that even make sense, do you get it)?

Single pages.

One at a time would be grand.

You draw however you're comfortable with, just don't bother wasting your time on detail and shit if you don't feel like it. I've got my Winsor Newton series 7 sable point all ready to rock.

Scanner would be easiest. I can convert it to photo invisible blue and print it out.

If you want to mail it that's fine with me, I would just be nervous about your original artwork. If you go that route, I'll get back to you with an address after I move.

• 1 month later...