Hondo's Bar

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

the division of joy

so i played for a bit today, stole a horse and went off to do some combat....

yeah.....

it kinda sucked haha.

I couldn't hit anyone, my one handed combat is to the max i'm a brenton...and fashioned my character after Briene (sp? can't remember) from GOT- this is my second character - first was a high elf, who proved to be 'unliked' by everyone. anyways, combat on horse sucked for me. i did enjoy some new load screens tho. Also trolls are all kinds of everywhere, but that could be because of my level?? Not really sure why i run into more trolls than anything else (even dragons-have yet to beat main storyline). Anyone else play since the update on xbox360? notice any other changes??

Works pretty good for me. I'm using lessons taught in Mount & Blade, if anyone else played that. You hold the button down to keep your weapon raised, and then let go right before you pass your target. Pow.

Bow on horseback works wonderfully. You can't zoom in/slow down time with L-Trigger. Moving the camera up as close as you can gives you a nice field of view though.

<object classId="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="480" height="418" id="VideoPlayerLg59196"><param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/59196"'>http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/59196" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/59196" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:480px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;color:#FF9B00;"><a href="http://www.g4tv.com/games/ps3/index" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">PS3 Games</a> - <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/e3-2012/" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">E3 2012</a> - <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/64714/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim</a></div>

I. Need. That. Horse.

You know what this game needs? Some sort of in game mail system. Say if you have a magic toon skilled in enchantment, and another warrior guy with a good smith skill, you could mail items to each other to be improved and whatnot. Or even a an online mail system between other players! God, think of the game breaking possibilities.

New perk trees:

Vampire Perks

• Power of the Grave - 50 point bonus to health, magicka and stamina as a Vampire Lord
  • Detect All Creatures (requires Power of the Grave)
  • Mist Form - turn yourself into an invulnerable cloud of mist while regenerating your health, magicka, and stamina (requires Detect All Creatures)
  • Supernatural Reflexes - you move quicker, enemies move slower (requires Mist Form)
  • Blood Healing - killing a person with a power attack bite restores all your health. (requires Power of the Grave)
  • Unearthly Will - night powers and Blood Magic cost 33% less (requires Power of the Grave)
  • Poison Talons - melee attacks deal 20 points of poison damage (requires Unearthly Will and Blood Healing)
  • Night Cloak - a shroud of bats feed on enemies within melee range. (requires Poison Talons)
  • Vampiric Grip - Blood Magic: can pull a creature to you from a distance, and do choking damage once it's close (requires Power of the Grave)
  • Summon Gargoyle (requires Vampiric Grip)
  • Corpse Curse - paralyze your foes with this magical blast (requires Summon Gargoyle)

Werewolf Perks

• Bestial Strength (four levels) - first level: do 25% more damage as a werewolf
  • Totem of Ice Brothers (requires Bestial Strength)
  • Totem of the Predator (requires Bestial Strength)
  • Totem of Terror - Werewolf Howl of Terror affects even higher level creatures (requires Bestial Strength)
  • Totem of the Moon - summon an ally werewolf with a howl. (requires Totem of Ice Brothers)
  • Animal Vigor - 100 point bonus to health and stamina in beast form. (requires Bestial Strength)
  • Gorging - feeding heals twice as much health (requires Animal Vigor)
  • Savage Feeding - (requires Gorging)

Yeah bestial strength shoulda been the 25% plus 5% more in human formed unarmed damage or something. Sprint faster in human form or jump higher, I dunno, I just think if you can be a werewolf/bat then some of those qualities can transfer over. Asking too much with that I guess. Bat Perks certainly seem cooler. Probably the trade off for having to put up with a bunch of shit for being a vampire to begin with.

Vamp and Werewolf trees? Fucking hell... I'm working on my Thief/Asassin right now... but after that, I'mma make a vamp and then a Werewolf... I tried Vamp in Oblivion, but it sucked, Heh.Damned sun. Eh, or I could just turn my Thief/Asassin...

The Possibilities...i

Vamp in oblivion was cooler than vamp in this, soooooo. Yeah.

Post expansion, that might be a different story.

Werewolf transformation is a triggered ability (or a ring from a certain daedric prince...), unlike in Morrowind. So being a werewolf really doesn't effect much of anything, other than having an option to haul ass when you cant find your horse.