Hondo's Bar

Community

Lycaon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It felt....off. I laughed but hm. I dunno

I kind of had this feeling, too. It's like it was trying to be a Community episode rather than actually being a Community episode. It was trying too hard to be Community might be a better way to put it. I still enjoyed it though.

Anyway, Leonard had the best line of the episode:

While they were Incepting, I got their balls!

*edit*

Okay, this page of gifs is poorly named, but it did point out the fact there were many awesome moments in tonight's episode. I was likely way overthinking the experience since it was the first Dan Harmon-free episode. Anyway, it was a winner.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11300-1360352695-10.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10864-1360352833-5.gif

Edited by Mr. Hakujin
I also totally missed the joke those were the Dean's ball gags.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Dan Harmon-less S4 is over, and it really wasn't that bad. It did feel not quite as "tight" in many episodes, but I'm glad it'll be back for a fifth season. Hopefully Harmon may be able to return and Chevy Chase will not, but it's all speculation at this point.

I liked the origins episode and the blueprint in the last scene was hysterical. As for the S4 finale...it was good, but not great.

"Six Seasons and A Movie written" on the chalk board behind the graduation altar was classic. I also think they gave a big hint Jeff would likely be returning as a teacher at Greendale next year. Darkest Timeline Annie needs to be on more. Baby Chewbacca was also fantastic.

Overall a very enjoyable season I thought. Not Community at it's absolute best, but far better than most comedies on tv right now. I was sure this was it. The idea of a fifth season never made sense to me, but if I can get more of this and (especially) if Harmon is coming back, then sign me up.

Edited by alive she cried

They expanded character dimensionality this season. Giving Britta credit for trying instead of just bitching at her for being a try-hard, having abed become less crazy and jeff less acerbic. It wasn't that they were pulling punches, but that they were slapping punches away with guilt.

What I watched of this season(I bailed as soon as I read puppets) seemed like they just didn't know what to do with Abed. Saying he's less crazy is like doing Fast and Furious in a different format and saying they didn't drive so fast.

It's probable that this season stood up to comparison to other shows, but it's a pale shade of the Harmon seasons.