Hondo's Bar

Community

Lycaon

• 3 weeks later...

Creator Dan Harmon is back for S5. This happened a week ago. WTF, Hondo's!??!

Also, Harmon claims he's never watched a single second of S4, so there's no telling if last season will be a fever dream of a dying Pierce or a product of Abed's imagination or what. In a stroke of genius, SONY is trying to get Harmon to watch S4 for the first time as a commentary track for the S4 DVDs.

I in no way believed this was possible. A showrunner has NEVER been invited in the history of tv. This is a good day.

You mean 'invited back,' right?

It's not that crazy, I think. The beef was not between Harmon and Sony, it was between Harmon and Chase. Now that he's gone, why wouldn't they extend an invitation to return?

Edited by Reverend Jax

Either or, Larry David came back to Seinfeld for the finale but a showrunner's never come back for keeps. And people keep saying it was the Chevy Chase thing but it's never been confirmed or proven, I think the beef was between Harmon and NBC but since 30 Rock and the Office are dead, Up All Night is a disaster, and Parks and Recreation isn't exactly a ratings giant, NBC needs whatever bits of meager driftwood it can find to keep its head above water and if that means keeping the cast of Community happy to facilitate its meager ratings bump, they shall do it.

• 2 years later...

Oh, man - I LOVE this show! I was flipping through channels about a year ago and caught the paintball episode (the first one) just as it started. I had never heard of the show - so I had no idea what I was watching. I remember freakin' 'cuz I love Chevy Chase and he was in it! AND he was still funny! LOL

I got the first 3 seasons on DVD - love the show. Community just finished their sixth season in June on Yahoo! Screen.

I was late to The Office, too. I had never seen an episode up until about a couple of years ago and caught an episode from an early season and totally fell in love w/ the Michael Scott character. By that time, the Office had just been cancelled. I was like, awww. Got all the seasons on DVD now - 'cept the last 2 without M. Scott.

Don't watch a lot (well, any) 'modern' sitcoms, but those 2 shows surprisingly, instantly struck a cord w/ me. Totally caught that Scud shout-out in that one DnD episode!

Community2x14_0010.jpg

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

Got Monster House on bluray. That was a cool flick. I'll check out that Heatvision and Jack pilot. Sounds...I dunno, something I should just see. LOL

UPDATE - I saw that pilot - it was great. "You're the bad guy from Time Cop!" LOL

Weird to see Ben Stiller and those (now) big-name actors in a piece like that - before it was 'cool to be retro'. Totally got a Liquid Television vibe. I love stuff like that. It was cool, I wanted to see more.

I'd love to be a part of the production of something 80s cliche-ridden like that. Write, act, shoot, cut - whatever. It looks like it'd be fun.

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

• 2 years later...

In the middle of season 4 and man I love this show so much. I know this was the season Dan Harmon left. I've heard that the quality was supposed to drop hear,but honestly I dont even notice.

This is one of the most endearing shows I've ever seen. Pop pop!

It's probably one of the best sit-coms ever. Definitely in my top 10. I'm guessing Harmon's contributions to R&M are what finally motivated you to watch this series.

Be prepared though...Harmon wasn't part of S5 and then he came back for a shortened, uneven S6 on Yahoo. I thought it had a decent finale. I also highly recommend the documentary HARMONTOWN. I believe it's still on Netflix.