Hondo's Bar

Daredevil (Netflix)

• 3 weeks later...

Jon Bernthal Takes Out A Gangster As 'The Punisher' In Awesome DAREDEVIL Set Photos

123767.jpg

Well, as this is Frank Castle we're talking about, it could be a cop he's taking down here! Regardless, a new batch of Punisher centric set photos from season two of Daredevil have surfaced today, and they give us a new look at an action-packed fight scene featuring the violent vigilante...

Follow Josh:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png googleBTNS.png

By Josh Wilding - 8/8/2015

The Punisher is back in action on the set of Daredevil, but he still doesn't have that classic skull logo on his chest. That's likely because this is yet another scene which takes place in a public setting, and it would be pretty daft of Frank to put it on full display somewhere like this, especially if he's undercover. Regardless, that doesn't stop one goon trying to take him down as you can see from the images below (they come from Just Jared, and many more can be found by clicking on the link at the bottom of the page). Skull logo or not, Jon Bernthal looks great here, and it's clear that he's going to pose a real problem for the Man Without Fear. Those cuts and bruises could be the work of Hell's Kitchen's hero though! Any thoughts on what's going on in this new look at the show?

jon-bernthal-films-a-brutal-fight-scene-for-daredevil-04.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-a-brutal-fight-scene-for-daredevil-06.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-a-brutal-fight-scene-for-daredevil-13.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-a-brutal-fight-scene-for-daredevil-29.jpg

jon-bernthal-films-a-brutal-fight-scene-for-daredevil-15.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

wasn't that already debunked as an older pic? god, i hope so

it's not even just the color pallette (which isn't right at all either); it's that an acrobatic dude who is looking to parkour his way across his city (moreso than swinging) really doesn't need what looks like bulky armor. i get that he wants to get shanked less but something that looks like it came from a nolan bat flick isn't a good fit here

• 1 month later...

...kinda?

i get/appreciate a more militarized batsuit, but i don't think a guy known for acrobatics should have what looks like heavily reinforced armor plating about. Matty trades off defense for agility & works on not getting hit, i think.

This show is a little more grounded in reality (as realistic as a blind guy that can "see" sound and fights crime can be) and is going with a more amoured version. I mean, he gets beat up A LOT (while still fucking bad guys up) and I wouldn't believe he couldn't get killed eventually. Also, having a "day job" prevents him with being too injured to do said job. Seems like the showrunners/writers are covering their bases.

That concept art looks like they slimmed down the armor. Looks pretty good.

Yeah, I think I'd prefer a suit without armor plating. He's Daredevil - the man without fear. He could give a fuck about busted ribs - he'll still take a deposition.

I'm sure I'm in the minority on this one, but I loved the 2003 Affleck Daredevil movie (Director's Cut). Love that movie. Dude gets his ass kicked when he goes out, looses teeth...it's the price he pays for doing what he does. He doesn't go out w/ a mouth guard or a cup. He's got super-agility and reflexes - that's his armor. I'm in favor of a lighter suit (an Affleck-type suit).

I didn't dig that suit reveal at the end of the Neflix series. The color was odd. He ain't Batman, he doesn't need all the padding. Go all red and a kevlar-type of material. Something tough and light. Cumbersome gear isn't a realistic choice for an acrobat. Matt would blame a black-eye on his clumsiness. "I'm blind, foo'!"

4517368-clldpsr.jpg

ryan-reynolds-full-deadpool-suit-gets-pictured-on-set-09.jpg

official-daredevil-images-show-the-suit-in-all-it-s-glory-for-the-very-first-time-355351.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Scott Glenn is back as Stick for season 2.

Legendary actor Scott Glenn (“Silence of the Lambs,” “Training Day,” “The Bourne Ultimatum”) will reprise his role as Stick on season two of “Marvel’s Daredevil,” streaming only on Netflix in 2016!

The mysterious and sardonic character of Stick crashes into Daredevil's life right when he needs him the least! Responsible for training young Matt and then abandoning him, Stick returns with a new mission that Matt wants no part of.

Stick will return for three episodes in the upcoming season.

"After seeing Scott’s performance in the first season, we knew that we had to bring him back for more,” said Executive Producer / Marvel’s Head of Television Jeph Loeb. “He is an extraordinary actor and we leapt at the chance to expand on his adventures with Matt and Daredevil.”

“In some ways, Stick is to Marvel's Daredevil what Scott Glenn has been to film and TV - a magnetic and awesome force to be reckoned with,” said Executive Producer/Showrunner Marco Ramirez. “It's an honor to welcome him back, and the Daredevil team can't wait to unleash Scott's unique brand of bad-assery upon the world in Season 2.”

“Marvel's Daredevil” is Executive Produced by Doug Petrie (“American Horror Story,” “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”), Marco Ramirez (“Sons of Anarchy,” “Orange is the New Black”) and Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods," "Lost"), along with Marvel TV's Jeph Loeb ("Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," "Marvel’s Jessica Jones.”)

"Marvel's Daredevil" is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios. Season one of “Marvel’s Daredevil” is now streaming on Netflix.

also, Drew Goddard is back for season 2! good news all around

• 1 month later...

The first season of Daredevil was something of a slow burn, with The Kingpin (who isn't expected to appear in season two according to Entertainment Weekly) being slowly revealed and the show making us wait until the finale to see the Man Without Fear suited up. However, new showrunners Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez have promised a faster paced follow-up, with the former stating:"The advantage of any sequel is you can dive right in. We hit the ground running and then we ran as fast as we f—ing could." There's no sign of that Elektra image just yet, so hopefully a high quality version of that is going to find its way online a little later today. What do you think of this new look at Daredevil season two? As always, be sure to let us know your thoughts in the usual place!

daredevil-01.jpg

daredevil-02.jpg

sGqcAT0.jpg

Season two of Daredevil will be taking things to the next level with the introductions of both Frank Castle/The Punisher and Elektra. According to Entertainment Weekly, we should expect to find ourselves rooting for the violent vigilante when the show begins and he sets out on a mission to take out New York City's criminals. "Viewers watching the show will be rooting for this guy with a gun but we’re also going to force people — the way we force Matt — to second guess themselves," showrunner Doug Petrie says. "Taking lethal justice into your own hands is in America in 2015 is tricky shit. We have not shied away from the rich complicated reality of Now. If you’ve got a gun and you’re not the police you’re going to incite strong feelings. We’re stirring the pot and we’re aware of the headlines where we live and we’re trying to get people to think."

"He has a different moral code," adds co-showrunner Marco Ramirez. "Matt is a devout Catholic — and you rarely see a character who’s a devote anything on TV. Frank has Hammurabi’s Code. It’s like letting a great white shark into the water." Actor Jon Bernthal also weighed in on what he did to prepare for the role as the magazine seemingly confirms that he won't be sporting that skull logo in a bid to remain incognito. "People have been coming up to me on the streets of New York saying, ‘Do not mess this up,’" the actor said before revealing that he spent months walking across the Brooklyn Bridge to the set of Daredevil in order to get into The Punisher's "isolated and joyless" headspace. "This character has resonated with law enforcement and military. He’s brought the war home with him in the worst possible way. And the best thing about him is that if he offends you, he just doesn’t care." That sounds like a pretty perfect take on the character, right?

Finally, it was revealed that we should expect a lot more sex in Daredevil season 2 as Matt Murdock gets closer to Karen Page and Elektra (Elodie Yung) makes her presence felt in Hell's Kitchen."Matt’s a deeply moral complicated guy and she’s just the best bad girlfriend you can possibly have," Petrie says. "She does everything wrong and attractive, she’s his id, the wild side. Matt is always taming his wild side. Elektra just lets it out. He’s both repulsed and deeply drawn to that."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jon Bernthal Says DAREDEVIL Season 2 Even Darker Than The First

130055.jpg

Jon Bernthal is rumored to be receiving his own, solo Netflix series as Frank Castle aka The Punisher. But before that happens, the anti-vigilante will menace Daredevil on the rooftops of Hell's Kitchen. "He’s a guy who brought the war home with him [in] the worst possible way."

Follow Mark:

CBMBTNS.png facebookBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png googleBTNS.png

By Mark Julian - 1/16/2016

daredevil-and-the-punisher-head-to-head-daredevil-and-the-punisher-771372.jpg

Jon Bernthanl's Frank Castle is an ex-military veteran who returns home to Hell's Kitchen, determined to rid his neighborhood of criminals by any means necessary. His ideology runs him afoul of the neighborhood's blind protector, Daredevil. Said Bernthal, "He’s a guy who brought the war home with him [in] the worst possible way. There are a lot of iterations of this character and in all of them it’s a man who’s gone through this unbelievable trauma and what’s interesting about our take on him is how this trauma reshapes his own philosophy."

The method actor admits that getting into the proper psyche of Frank Castle, a man who had his entire family killed, put him in a dark place during filming. "There are a lot of iterations of this character and in all of them it’s a man who’s gone through this unbelievable trauma and what’s interesting about our take on him is how this trauma reshapes his own philosophy."

That darkness in Castle takes Daredevil to a new place, deeper into the moral grays and conflict of interest Matt Murdoch has as a lawyer and costumed crime fighter. "I think once you see these characters collide, it’s tremendously interesting and emotionally gripping as well. It’s going to be a special season. If you thought last season of Daredevil was dark, we’re going to a whole new place."

• 3 weeks later...