Hondo's Bar

Suicide Squad

Keth

"CNN was given exclusive footage from the set during the filming of "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus." Clips include all three actors who stepped in to complete Heath Ledger's role; Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell.

Fine, I thought Leto was one of the the body doubles in there. My fact was wrong about Doctor fucking Parnassus. I'll make sure that comes up in the Doctor Parnassus thread.

Yeah, you're absolutely right and this could still turn out fine. I still like the concept of Leto as the Joker, it's just nothing coming out of this movie sounds very promising at all. I'm trying to keep an open mind because I love me some Suicide Squad it's just... disheartening. I sincerely and deeply hope I'm wrong and this movie is amazing.

Just get rid of the face all the tattoos.

This is a guy who cut his own tongue down the middle for no discernible reason other than looking creepy. I don't see him sitting down for hours to let somebody else ink him with some form of skill. Looking it over again, he actually looks great. The tattoos are just overkill and looks like he is covered in his own fan art. I'm eh on the teeth.

OJatJLV.jpg

Edited by Axels

^That pretty much sums up my reaction to it, Panchy. Ya gotta laugh.

Bindy's post makes some good points, but that one image alone makes me weary of the project as a whole. Do we really need a face tattoo to literally tell us the Joker is a damaged individual? Meh. Expectations on this film have just been lowered considerably for me,

• 2 weeks later...

NLScAdB.jpg

Killer Croc actually is looking pretty bada--

5t60iLb.jpg

Yeah ok Axels, ok

I dunno how I feel about Harley. She looks ok? SmithShot doesn't look too terrible actually. He'll probably lose the eye in the movie. I don't know the rest enough to make a judgement.

Most of these look pretty decent. Flag looks fine and I outright love Boomerang's look, I don't hate Deadshot (assuming the mask doesn't look awful) and King Shark looks less Goomba-ish than The Lizard did so I'm tentatively accepting of that. The skull guy is, I believe, the fire guy from the more recent series and I don't much care about him but he looks fine. Katana looks good and nondescript guy in black (I'm assuming he's Crazy Quilt or Bat-Mite) looks boring and average.

Harley Quinn looks like she'd let you finger-bang her for some Molly at The Gathering. Which is just all wrong because Joker is totally into Cradle of Filth and Sepultura, there's no way he's down with the Klown. He'd totally buttfuck Enchantress in his mom's Chevy Citation, though.

Enchantress looks awful, I'm probably one of six people who cares but can we all agree that the black magic user being a goth bride is awful?

Hi rez.

NLScAdB.jpg

looks boring and average.

Agreed. Though I'll hold me my hands up and say, Killer Croc and Harley are the only two characters I really know (I only know Deadshot from the last Arkham game). So speaking as somebody that doesn't know these characters, God do they look bland. They should be called "The Generic Squad".

I'm not saying that it'll be bad. It just does nothing to excite me or make me want to watch the movie. I'll wait for the trailer though.

Ah, I guess that is probably Killer Croc and not King Shark. Oh well, functionally the same.

For the most part, the Squad is meant to not look terribly flashy. It could be a bit more colorful, but Deadshot and Boomerang are good, less-goofy, iterations of their comic book costumes. Admittedly Boomerang should be older, fatter, and basically look like the guy from Wolf Creek, but I like Jai Courtney and I'll accept it so long as he's offensively Australian. Rick Flag's only defining characteristics are a yellow shit and dark blue pants with red stripes down the side.

It does look rather made-for-TV, though.

...I dunno how I feel about Harley. She looks ok? SmithShot doesn't look too terrible actually. He'll probably lose the eye in the movie. I don't know the rest enough to make a judgement.

This is pretty much how I'm feeling. Also, if the director is worth anything there will be a montage of Harley Quinn trying on different costumes that reflect her different versions from comics, TV and video games.

Also, ASC and Baytor need to give Flash a go already. It's quality superhero melodrama.

Here's the thing, CW does an incredibly poor job of promoting those shows. However they manage to be the best, if not only decent thing they have put out. Both Baytor and ASC, I find it disappointing that, since both of you are artists, you guys are judging those books by their cover, so to speak. That costume is exactly how it looks in the fucking books, so if you think it looks silly there, you won't be happy with it anywhere. Watch the show. It's damn good stuff. I love you guys, and my nature is of the agreeable, passive sort, but youse two are dead wrong on that front.

I just watched the five minute extended trailer, it was just so baaad. I was almost in pain, not because I love the character or anything, it's just pure, cheesy cringe. Hakujin described it as a melodrama, which sounds fair, but the thing is, I don't watch melodramas. It's the same reason I didn't like most of the first season of Agents of SHIELD and the human characters in the Thor movies. It doesn't appeal to me.

Certain costumes looks great in comics and just do not work in live action.

This shit is awful

Avengers%20setnewfull8.jpeg

This shit is epic

ew-captain-america.jpg

As you know, they're from the same movie. Possibly even the same scene.

If you took that stupid mask off Flash, I could see it working. But sticking close to the comics shouldn't overrule common sense. Especially if a small change makes the world of difference.

Edited by alive she cried

Here's the thing, CW does an incredibly poor job of promoting those shows. However they manage to be the best, if not only decent thing they have put out. Both Baytor and ASC, I find it disappointing that, since both of you are artists, you guys are judging those books by their cover, so to speak. That costume is exactly how it looks in the fucking books, so if you think it looks silly there, you won't be happy with it anywhere. Watch the show. It's damn good stuff. I love you guys, and my nature is of the agreeable, passive sort, but youse two are dead wrong on that front.

I don't mean the costumes (well, I do mean the costume with Arrow, the Flash looks alright.) I sat through 5 seasons of Smallville. FIVE, Axel and everybody was rubbing their junk all over it as hard as these two shows. I am a bit apprehensive about trusting televised superhero shows, but I will watch these, I just have things I know I enjoy to watch first. I'm not putting off 3 seasons of Justified so I can watch a show about Green fucking Arrow.