Hondo's Bar

Suicide Squad

Keth

I guess ya gotta put yourself in a head space if you're playing the Joker nowadays. Cool. I was bummed that there was like, zero special features regarding the process of creating the Joker - make-up or interviews w/ Ledger on the Dark Knight bluray.

I wonder if Nicholson went through a process to get into character. LOL - I can see him sitting locked in his car blasting Prince. LOL

I would have LOVED some insight on Ledger's process. It's still my favorite non-Hamill Joker to date.

Nicholson's is a close second and I wish I could've seen his preparation. One of my favorite behind-the-scenes clips is of him

I guess ya gotta put yourself in a head space if you're playing the Joker nowadays. Cool. I was bummed that there was like, zero special features regarding the process of creating the Joker - make-up or interviews w/ Ledger on the Dark Knight bluray.

I wonder if Nicholson went through a process to get into character. LOL - I can see him sitting locked in his car blasting Prince. LOL

Oh, man. Don't even get me started on the piss poor special features on that TDK bluray. All anyone wanted was to see behind the scenes footage and interviews with Ledger and that's the exact thing missing. I had just gotten a bluray player and surround sound right around the time it was released on video and it was probably one of the first 10 films I saw on my system. Bitter sweet.

And I highly doubt Nicholson has a process other than being Nicholson. I think for that roll he was already half-way there, he just had to nudge it a little and he was there. Ledger though apparently went to some dark places. I think I remember reading back in the day that was the speculation around his drug overdose--he was self medicating for depression.

As for Leto's Joker's look, it's still not my favorite, but I don't 100% hate it. The lack of a "smile" on his face bugs me more than the tats. The belly tat is creepy as hell even just peeking from under that coat though.

Pretty sure Nolan was doing the dead guy's family a solid by not adding behind the scene footage of the VERY THING THAT KILLED HIM. But you fanboys need your extra content.

Well now I feel like an asshole! tears.gif Still kinda wanna see it tho....

Edited by Donatella

Heath killed Heath.

I think Nolan was doing Heath a solid by elevating him into 'legend' by not pulling back the curtain revealing the nuts n' bolts of his process. I don't think it's any more macabre showing what went into creating an award-winning performance than it is to posthumously give his family awards for playing a homicidal, psychotic killer clown.

I think the world would agree that they would love to see what into it - especially film enthusiasts - but I think Nolan's decision to cover everything except Heath's transformation into the Joker - was a conscious decision to put that performance and Heath's craft into 'mythic' status. Maybe he knew Heath well enough to think he would dig that.

Brandon Lee died tragically on-set of The Crow, but the dvd / bluray still had plenty of interviews w/ him. Nothing wrong w/ that. Heath's family already knew he played the Joker, don't see how showing him in behind-the-scenes featurettes would upset or disrespect them.

I wonder if there's an official statement on the whole thing. I know they had a whole internet marketing campaign that they cancelled and a video game that got shelved, too - after he died.

• 1 month later...

Okay, that looks like a fun movie. This trailer gives me ever so slight Guardians of the Galaxy tingles with the pairing of some crazy ass action and a classic rock song. Granted, nowhere near as good as the GoTG trailer, but it's going for that vibe. The trailer did its job, I definitely want to see this movie more now than before.

• 2 months later...

August 2016 - B v S might be out on blu by then. Maybe it could generate some hype / interest amongst movie-goers to go check out more of the DC cinematic universe. I'm sure I'm getting B v S on blu - but I am really not feeling the Joker. He looks like he escaped some...music video. Like he belongs in Zoolander...

tumblr_o5ge9dzP4d1vndct2o1_540.jpg

Edited by Little Nemo McFly

E!: Jared Leto sent used condoms & anal beads to his co-stars

"I did a lot of things to create a dynamic to create an element of surprise, a spontaneity and to really break down any kind of walls that may be there," the Oscar winner told me while promoting the movie at CinemaCon in Las Vegas. "The Joker is somebody who doesn't really respect things like personal space or boundaries."

So he basically sent his coworkers a bunch of shit. Among the other things sticky Playboy magazines, live rats and a dead pig. As Will Smith so eloquently put it "Jared went full Joker. And the rule generally is never go full Joker".

It's unknown if the anal beads were also used

not my joke: "He sent Will Smith a screener for BvS."

• 3 months later...