Hondo's Bar

Suicide Squad

Keth

• 2 weeks later...

Better Look At Jared Leto's 'Joker' & Margot Robbie's 'Harley Quinn' In SUICIDE SQUAD Set Pics

120709.jpg

Some new paparazzi photos have surfaced from last night's filming ofSuicide Squad, which involved the Joker (Jared Leto) having an intense exchange with Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie). Check it out!

Follow DCMarvelFreshman:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png googleBTNS.png

By DCMarvelFreshman - 5/18/2015

gSPBAhZ.png

David Ayer's Suicide Squad adaptation has been filming on location for about three weeks now, but last night, we finally caught a glimpse of Jared Leto in action as the Joker alongside Margot Robbie as Harleen Quinzel. Several shots from a distance had caught what appears to be a flashback or early scene in the movie, in which the two characters have quite a domestic dispute, but Just Jaredhas now provided much better photos from the Toronto, Canada, shoot. Check them out below!

7LtD2QE.jpg

0cNYtl5.jpg

qliETjR.jpg

3E2ci5J.jpg

h6stGpz.jpg

gnnPo86.jpg

PeXTuZS.png

oFbj6YV.jpg

4QCx32s.jpg

1Lnelre.jpg

4cW7BbL.jpg

rIQ7g02.png

G5Wgjlp.jpg

I know, I just meant IF he had a chauffeur the car wouldn't bug me. He would never have his own personal Clown Car though. I bet the license plate says JESTER1 or some shit.

I've seen more people complaining about the shade of green his hair is which really baffles me.

Everything is wrong. There's a video that goes with these images and I saw it this morning. You can't hear what they're saying, but it doesn't paint a better picture. The car shows they don't get the character or that the take they're going for is going to be vastly inferior to what we've seen.

• 1 month later...

So I figure that's Harley's origin flashback at the end there. Maybe he looks different now? Doubt it, but just sayin.

I don't like the way he talks around that grill. It's distracting.

That said...honestly? I didn't hate that trailer as much as I expected to.

After watching it again it looks like they toned down Joker's tats. The "Damaged" on his forehead appears to be gone, and I liked his line delivery. I dunno... parts of it look good and other parts don't. I feel myself getting more cynical about this stuff than I used to... and it scares me.

Aside from misgivings about Joker and Harley (though I'm coming around to her, slowly) this made me feel way better about this movie than I expected to. I don't even hate Enchantress anymore. This movie may be DC's big surprise (I doubt it'll be a hit and I kinda wish they'dve just said "fuck it" and went hard-R, but it looks interesting)

Also, if this turns out to be shit "I'm not going to kill you, I'm just going to hurt you really really bad" could totally serve as a meta-message from the movie to fans of Ostrander's Suicide Squad.

I laughed my ass off at all those Joker tat pics!

The trailer was alright. Don't think I'll be off to the theater to see this movie, but the trailer was well done.

Looks like Will Smith managed to get out another: "Let's go save the world." for his portfolio. Killer Croc looked cool, I guess - but I've already seen Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest like, a thousand times. I'm kinda desensitized to creepy cg face-people, but cool to see a live-action version of Killer Croc.

The Joker? Not feeling it. Maybe I'm too old and just ain't "wit' it", but I was shaking my head when I saw him. He looked like the kinda guy who spends his time in a sewer screaming Firestarter.

Harley, Harley, Harley - the best thing about that trailer. My god.

Is this what they were planning with that Sinister Six movie? A bunch of baddies off to save the world?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Jared Leto's crazy behavior and odd presents were much documented during filing on the Suicide Squad film from WB and David Ayer. However, we now have a first-hand account from one of the actors on set, Ike Barinholtz. Here's how Leto, who remained in character as the Joker during filming, interacted with his fellow cast members when the cameras stopped rolling.

"He did this crazy thing...all the actors were rehearsing, and his character is in love with Margot Robbie -- she's Harley Quinn...so we're rehearsing, and this actor who plays the Joker's kind of lieutenant, walks in and he goes, 'Present for Ms. Quinn.' Hands her a box. She opens the box, and a live, giant black rat pops out," Barinholtz explained to Howard Stern. "And we're like, 'What the f--k is going on? That's crazy!' So 20 minutes later, we're still rehearsing, and the actor comes back in and he goes, 'This is for the squad from Mr. J.' And he throws a pig on the table, a dead pig, and as he puts the pig on the table all these bullets start to come out of it...this is in a rehearsal space a month before we started shooting."

I guess ya gotta put yourself in a head space if you're playing the Joker nowadays. Cool. I was bummed that there was like, zero special features regarding the process of creating the Joker - make-up or interviews w/ Ledger on the Dark Knight bluray.

I wonder if Nicholson went through a process to get into character. LOL - I can see him sitting locked in his car blasting Prince. LOL

jP6N1.jpg