Hondo's Bar

Fant4stic

Keth

Possible Fantastic 4 plot summary. Major spoilers as it is a summary for the whole movie, not just a general plot summary.

Reed is a genius convenience store clerk with Ben. Reed’s parents don’t care about him, and Ben’s dad is abusive. They’re good friends and have each other’s backs. Reed writes a paper for community college on teleportation that attracts the attention of Dr. Franklin Storm, CEO of the Baxter Building research center.

Storm has a son, Johnny, and an adoptive daughter, Sue, whose father, Storm’s old partner, died in an experiment gone wrong. Johnny and Sue are party kids, and Sue is particularly disdainful of science. Reed and Sue don’t get along at first.

Victor Doomashev is a anti-social Eastern European computer programmer and hacktivist who calls himself “Doom”. He hates the 1%, particularly Storm, whom he claims corrupts science for profit.

Storm uses Reed’s paper to complete some equations on a machine to access another dimension, the N-Zone. Reed invites Ben to watch the machine being turned on. Sue and Johnny are also there. Doom manages to hack into the Baxter Building’s servers and use a computer virus to damage the machine, which explodes. Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben are exposed to otherwordly energy and become mutants with powers that they can’t control.

Storm takes them to the Baxter Building and creates containment suits for their powers. They begin to train. Reed and Storm also begin developing a way to revert the accident. Sue blames Reed for everything, but they eventually become friends and then a couple. Ben can switch off his powers when he’s not in danger. Johnny changes colors based on heat intensity, and Sue has some borderline telekinetic thing. Reed is pretty much Reed.

Doom finds out that the four have acquired powers and becomes angry it’s not him, so he comes up with a plan to break into the Baxter Building to access the N-Zone through the rebuild machine. As a distraction, he reprograms a bunch of stolen military drones, the “Doombots”, to attack the building. The four come together as a team for the first time and save people.

Doom activates the machine and gets technopathy powers or something, basically energy blasts and making machines obey to him, and a fight ensues. The machine goes critical, and, in order to prevent it from exploding and destroying the city, the four push into it and Storm shuts it off.

There’s a countdown before it reaches critical mass. Inside the N-Zone, the four battle Doom again, and manage to leave him trapped there after he disfigures himself soaking up too much power. The Four manage to escape, but Ben gets the blunt of it to protect Reed and can’t switch back.

The machine is destroyed, Doom is gone, the four have learned to work as a team, and Reed vows to find a cure for Ben. And it ends there.

It's so bad. And not in a Powerglove way.

I really hope that's just the work of one Feige's assistants, released in order to get some bad feeling going with this reboot. If not....Jesus Christ! Mark Millar is an advisor to Fox and (if this is true) they're obviously taking influence from his Ultimate FF origin story. Just adapt the whole arc properly. How do they find it so hard to adapt comics, when we've seen so many great examples in recent years?

• 2 months later...

ZanS5CS.jpg

Our first official look at the costume design for 20th Century Fox’s upcoming reboot of The Fantastic Four has arrived! Collider debuted the above image (which you can click on for a larger version), showing off star Michael B. Jordan in the outfit he’ll be wearing as Johnny Storm. Although the look may not be the blue unstable molecule jumpsuit that fans are familiar with, director John Trank tells the outlet that that’s because he’s going for “a hard sci-fi take” that will “fall in line more with a Cronenberg-ian science fiction tale of something horrible happening to your body and [it] transforming out of control”.

That's a pretty decent trailer, I wasn't disgusted until I saw the title. Part of me thinks that since this movie probably had literally no studio oversight, it might be something at least interesting, but that's one of those trailers that could also signify a whole lotta nothing. We'll see.

In an interview with Collider, producer Simon Kinberg said fans could expect a hidden easter egg in the new trailer, and we do believe we’ve found it. At the :46 second mark, as Sue Storm looks at a bank of computer screens, the numbers 23.21.190.125 appear briefly on the bottom left.

Hint: Put the numbers in your address bar.

Edited by Newtype

• 2 months later...

CCL0w_0UwAAcagM.jpg

Entertainment Weekly paid a visit to the set of Fantastic Four last year and describe a scene featuring Sue Storm - who is quarantined in a government facility alongside her fellow teammates - learning to use her newfound abilities to float. That explains why we saw her flying alongside Johnny Storm in that international trailer then, while other abilities will apparently include turning invisible (well, duh) and projecting force fields. The site also confirms that the foursome will be taking on Doctor Doom. "I just kinda jumped to ‘body horror’ in my head," Trank tells them about his take on the property. "Chronicle is about the evolution and strengthening of unique powers. This movie is really viewing them as a curse."
Edited by alive she cried

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, besides watching the 80's/90's cartoons, and reading some of the early comics books (All the Lee numbers to the first coming of Galactus) and watching both old movies im not a big FF fan. I like them enough. But is there something i missed? Like in the Ultimate universe o recent reboots? Because last time I checked johnny and sue storm were brothers. So unless johnny is adopted i dont see how that shit could fly now.

Boogie, the racial differences in the Storm siblings is kind of an old issue with this film by now. Dr. Storm is black and so is his son, Johnny. Dr. Storm's adopted daughter Sue is white. Dr. Storm teaches at the Baxter Institute for genius geniuses where both of his kids attend along with newly recruited Reed Richards and Victor Domashev (née Von Doom).