Hondo's Bar

Jessica Jones

Link

AKA Jessica Jones Gets A Writer, May Hit Screens By Next Fall

Although the Hulk show was supposed to hit first, it looks like Jessica Jones will be the first Marvel character to debut on ABC, with Twilight scribe Mellisa Rosenberg on writing detail. Variety report that AKA Jessica Jones is well on its way to becoming Marvel's first show to air in Fall 2011 on ABC. Apparently Twilight screenwriter Rosenberg has signed on to script the Marvel comics adaptation which will focus on the fairly obscure but popular Jessica Jones.

jessicajones21.jpg

Formerly the super heroine Jewel, Jones hangs up her tights and instead focuses on a career as a private investigator, but winds up helping out her former super powered pals. Rosenberg says that she was drawn to the character because she is unlike any other female protagonist on tv at the monemt, Flawed, but with a biting sense of humor. That actually sounds like quite a few female leads on tv at the moment but whatever!

Jones was created by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Gaydos for the series Alias, part of Marvel's MAX imprint for mature readers. Its not known if the tv show will have that mature slant, or indeed if Luke Cage(Jones' current beau in the New Avengers comics) will feature. But it would certainly be a great way to link into the rumored Heroes For Hire tv show.

Variety also says that Guillermo del Toro and David Eick are still on course for the Hulk tv show, and reiterate that Cloak And Dagger will most likely follow too.

Not too sure about the writer, apparenly she has written for Dexter also (I'm not a fan of that show either but I know it'll make some of you feel better) Besides that I'm really excited about this.

Edited by alive she cried

Fellas... its gonna be on ABC. This show is gonna be more vanilla than Vanilla Ice. No Luke Cage anal that's for sure. Alias (the comic): the Show we're not gonna get. The only upside I see is the possibility of Marvel character cameos. That's it. Don't forget its Disney at the end of the day.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that Disney bought Marvel and owns ABC. Meh. So much for the OMFG! reveal in the series that

The Purple Man had her as his mind controlled slave for almost a year and fucked up her head royally.

But it could come about in innuendo if handled correctly.

Damn, now you've got me doubting the coolness of the show, Panch. I always pictured a show as a true adaptation of the comic--an exploration of a damaged female superhero struggling to regain her sanity and life, a superhuman woman dealing with her very human insecurities and problems. However, now I'm seeing all the ways it can be "Disneyfied" into a generic, "case of the week" detective show where the detective happens to be a former superhero. Fuh. Consider my parade officially pissed upon. :???:

Edited by Mr. Hakujin

• 2 years later...

It seemed to be dead, but some very interesting news coming out now.

Melissa Rosenberg Confirms That Marvel Are Still Developing AKA JESSICA JONES

Revealing that the tone of the pilot makes it more suitable for cable, writer and producer Melissa Rosenberg (Dexter, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn) confirms that Marvel are "looking at a lot of different possibilities" for the small screen adaptation.

Josh Wilding - 1/11/2013

Talking to IGN TV, Melissa Rosenberg has offered the following update on AKA Jessica Jones as well as her thoughts on the tone that the series could potentially take. The project was originally in development at ABC, but work on the series came to a halt last year. With Marvel now focusing on bringing S.H.I.E.L.D. to the small screen with Joss Whedon, this is one of their many TV shows that have currently been put on the back burner in the wake of the release of The Avengers. However, it sounds as if they are indeed still doing SOMETHING with AKA Jessica Jones; what that is at this point remains to be seen. Stay tuned to CBM for updates and sound off with your thoughts below!

294289427492809.jpg

"Marvel is trying to set it up somewhere else. They’re looking at a lot of different possibilities. I don’t know if it’s an ABC show. It might be a cable show, really. The graphic novel is the first one that Marvel did that was meant to serve an adult audience. I toned it down a little bit for network, but it’s very, very easy to translate that into cable. Very easy. God I love that project, other than this one [Red Widow], it’s one of my favorite things that I’ve ever written."

"The graphic novel was so phenomenal that I really just wanted to bring that to the screen. It’s so raw, and I love this character that is kind of a B-level superhero. She’s not in one world or another, she’s a borderline alcoholic. She’s just a mess, but she’s driven by a need to do something greater, you know? She’s just this delicious character. Fun, you know? I’d love to write that character more, and I hope I get the opportunity."

Read more at http://www.comicbook...6tK87o6KmwbM.99

• 2 years later...

He may be a hero to many, but former Doctor Who actor David Tennant is about to become the most dastardly of supervillains in a new Netflix series created by Marvel Studios.

Comics giant Marvel have announced that the Broadchurch star will appear in the upcoming 13-part detective/superhero series A.K.A. Jessica Jones as an evil figure named Kilgrave who has a past connection to the series’ hero.

Tennant will appear alongside Breaking Bad’s Krysten Ritter who plays the titular role of Jessica, a former superhero now working as a private detective in a hero-filled New York City and attempting to rebuild her shattered life.

68160.jpg

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New A.K.A. JESSICA JONES Set Pics Feature 'Luke Cage' & 'Purple Man'

118695.jpg

We've already had first glimpses of both Mike Colter as Cage and David Tennant as Kilgrave/Purple Man, but this new batch of images from the A.K.A. Jessica Jones set give us much better looks at the characters as they interact with Krysten Ritter's titular heroine...

Follow Mark:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png

By Mark Cassidy - 4/15/2015

uVG8PtU.jpg

N81iKYj.jpg

EoqXLZn.jpg

zhNWENz.jpg

KOEdq7I.jpg

FR1HNuI.jpg

p9VpvlE.jpg

After a tragic ending to her short-lived super hero stint, Jessica Jones is rebuilding her personal life and career as a detective who gets pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City. Starring Krysten Ritter (Jessica Jones), David Tennant (Kilgrave), with Mike Colter (Luke Cage), and Rachael Taylor (Patricia “Trish” Walker), and Carrie-Anne Moss, A.K.A Jessica Jones is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix.

Guess he's going to be called Kinda Peach Off-Whiteish Man.

ehh feels like they're going for semi-realism so far, no? id be okay with his skin slightly changing hue when he uses said powers

Yeah I know, I was only half serious.

Daredevil spoilers

But with The Hand and Madame Gao/Crane Mother we're already getting into some out-there places. If we're getting a Fraction Iron Fist adaptation then I don't see why he can't have purple skin. But that said, it's only a minor thing.

..yeah right after i said it, i thought about that & how mystical Danny's stuff is gonna have to be in comparison. maybe that's why they're doing that one last? DD going first made sense as hes the most popular of the lot, and from here on out everyone is gonna have to cameo in other people's stuff before their own shows anyway, i figure...but the first 3 are gonna feel so much more grounded in comparison, you're right.

• 4 weeks later...

Check Out The Full Synopsis For Marvel & Netflix's A.K.A. JESSICA JONES

120296.jpg

Some spy pics from the set aside, it's been a while since we've had anything official from the second of Marvel's Netflix shows. But now a new synopsis has found its way online, and it gives us a much better idea of what we can expect when A.K.A. Jessica Jones hits our screens...

Follow Mark:

CBMBTNS.png twitterBTNS.png

By Mark Cassidy - 5/8/2015

120296.jpg

A brand new synopsis for A.K.A. Jessica Jones has been revealed thanks to an Amazon Listingfor the series' companion book, which won't actually be released until November -- a month before the show is expected to première. As you can see it doesn't really provide anything new plot wise, but it does serve as a pretty detailed character bio for the titular hero, who'll be played by Breaking Bad's Krysten Ritter.

"Ever since her short-lived stint as a Super Hero ended in tragedy, Jessica Jones has been rebuilding her personal life and career as a hot-tempered, sardonic, badass private detective in Hell's Kitchen, New York City. Plagued by self-loathing, and a wicked case of PTSD, Jessica battles demons from within and without, using her extraordinary abilities as an unlikely champion for those in need... especially if they're willing to cut her a check."

So nothing about any of the other characters (Luke Cage, Purple Man etc), but it sounds as if they're sticking pretty close to the Jessica Jones of Brian Michael Bendis' Alias comic at any rate. Hopefully this means our first official image from the show is just around the corner.A.K.A. Jessica Jones also stars David Tennant (Kilgrave), Mike Colter (Luke Cage), Rachael Taylor (Patricia “Trish” Walker), and Carrie-Anne Moss.