Hondo's Bar

Sega Genesis

The NZA

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never got to beat the stupid bad guy at the end (the one where you go in circles) shit pissed me off that i stopped playing it but its still saved maybe ill have panch beat it for me one day just to see it. I beat Sonic CD though. The only other game i remember playin on it was some Scottie Pippen Basketball game that was kinda retarded.

Sonic CD...did you get the good ending (where you made a good future in every level), and get the chaos emerealds? It was crazy but me & Ario pulled it off...man that race with mecha-sonic was cool tho.

Im sad that they got this Sonic collection for Gamecube now - its got Sonic 1, 2 & 3, Sonic & Knuckles (really cool), Sonic Spinball, i think Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (never played it), some others but no Sonic CD...that mighta been my favorite.

Yeah, so back to Sega....

Ario's a huge fan of sonic, you should see the comics he's drawn of him. What other Sega CD games did you say you had? I had some i didnt mention - no namers like Wonder Dog - but not much else. Ario had a lot of the motion capture ones that wernet very good...but his Prize Fighter was a lot better than my "Make the Video starring Kriss Kross" and such. : :plain: Those damn critics were never happy.

Oh, and Mortal Kombat for Sega CD was the biggest piece of shit. Same ugly genesis graphics, but arcade music (in the wrong damn levels), and a loading time so horrible that when Shang Tsung (last guy) morphed into someone else, it took like 5-10 seconds every time he did...and for some reason, he would unfreeze before you, and took massive cheapshots. ???

Youre crazy...Spinball was fun tho. This is genesis/Sega CD only right? Cause Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 for Dreamcast were badass too.

I remember part 3's 2-player mode, it was really short. Anyway, there were a bunch of great multiplayer ones...Alien Storm was this futuristic Golden Axe, Rolling Thunder II was a badass shooting one..man i played those things forever without gettin tired of em. I miss those side-scrolling, Streets of Rage/Final Fight/Double Dragon "just kill everything" games...last one i remember really spendin $ on was Alien Vs Predator, in the arcades.

• 2 years later...

This thread deserved to live again!!!!!!

Best Sega Love:

Genesis:

Strider. awesome action game

Streets of Rage 1,2, and 3 (never played the US version, it got censored. PLayed the import)

Gunstar Heroes (GBA sequel was just released.)

Phantasy Star 1-4 (Since I played my Master System games on the Genny anyhow.)

Castlevania: BLoodlines (Friggen great.)

Earthworm Jim

Sega CD

Lunar 1 and 2 (in some ways superior to the PS1 remakes)

Sonic CD (another one where the import kicked.)

Snatcher (Kojima is God. On crack.)

Popful Mail (WD brought us Falcom Goodness)

Sewer Shark (Hey FMV was REALLY cool at first.)

Saturn:

Dragon Force: (Absolutely Amazing, RTS with a great story and Sega gameplay.)

Panzer Dragoon Zwei: (Great motherfucking shooter)

Virtua FIghter 2 (my favorite 3-d fighter.)

Guardian Heroes (The best beat 'em up ever made.)

Panzer Dragoon Saga (Holy Jeezus, amazing fucking RPG. Eons ahead of its time.)

Astal (Standard gameplay, but GORGEOUS graphics)

Policenauts (god I wish I had a better than 2nd grade reading level in Japanese.)

Sega consoles rocked.

• 1 year later...

Indeed they did. Sadly, perhaps after Sonic not fairing so well from his recent next-gen debut (here's to hoping Secret Rings or whatever is better), Sega looks to be digging deep for another possible franchise, which i think is long overdue. Question is...whicn one?

Youve got Streets of Rage, NiGHTS, Virtua Cop, Samba de Amigo (which'd be awesome on the wii), and uhm...flicky? seriously? Anyway, go tell Sega what you think, vote on the poll here.

Sega looks to be digging deep for another possible franchise, which i think is long overdue. Question is...whicn one?

Youve got Streets of Rage, NiGHTS, Virtua Cop, Samba de Amigo (which'd be awesome on the wii), and uhm...flicky? seriously? Anyway, go tell Sega what you think, vote on the poll here.

Since they live in the water, I doubt very much dolphins can cry, but if they can/could, Ecco is crying like a baby dolphin.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sega Collection: so freaking cool.

megadrivecomp.jpg

GAMES INCLUDE:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

Alien Storm

Altered Beast

Beyond Oasis

Bonanza Bros.

Columns

Comix Zone

Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head

Dr. Robotnik's MBM

Dynamite Headdy

Ecco the Dolphin

Ecco II: The Tides of Time

E-SWAT

Fatal Labyrinth

Flicky

Gain Ground

Golden Axe I

Golden Axe II

Golden Axe III

Kid Chameleon

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom

Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium

Ristar

Shining in the Darkness

Shining Force

Shining Force 2

Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master

Sonic 3D Blast

Sonic and Knuckles

Sonic Spinball

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Streets of Rage

Streets of Rage 2

Streets of Rage 3

Super Thunder Blade

Vectorman

Vectorman 2

*Unlockable games to be revealed soon!

glad to see ESWAT, PS IV, the entire Streets of Rage and a few others, its a great collection, if oddly lacking Toejam & Earl (no Strider? i guess that's more capcom though). The link above shows the tweaked HD-ish graphics, which i dig but osme think look blurry. Either way, this beauty is looking to come to 360/PS3 early next year, i cant wait. Im such a sucker for these things.

ps does anyone at all know where i can acquire a copy of Segagaga? always wanted to try it, all torrents are dead.

yeah, this is an awesome way to save on VC purchases, right here. did they ever get PS 4? what an ending to the series that was.

lotta games theyve packaged several times before, but still glad to see a lotta names on this list. i just cant wrap my head around the lack of TJ&E.

Pretty sure PS 1-4 are on there, I over-eagerly bought 5000 or so Wiipoints when I bought it and have had a hard time finding shit to buy on there since a lot of it overlaps with either Live Arcade or my hard collection. As it is I've only bought Starfox 64, TMNT, Super Mario Bros & Yoshi's Island for Alana. Once I hook my arse up with a couple more Wavebirds I'ma get Mario Kart 64.

• 2 months later...

Trophies (and thereby, achievements) announced for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection!

some cool ones, some lame ones. i guess i should be grateful theyre not making me re-do the Phantasy Stars, though i was almost looking forward to the challenge & having something to show for it.

fuckin' australians!

viynl.jpg

Australians who preorder the enormous Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection from select stores will be able to snag a rare treat, in the form of a blue vinyl record containing classic Sega tunes.

The Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (Genesis Ultimate Collection in the states) collects more than 40 classic Sega titles on one disc for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, with tweaked graphics for true HD gameplay. Even if that weren't worth $56.98 to Australian customers, the preorder bonus surely is. Limited to 3,500 pieces, the Limited Edition Vinyl Soundtrack contains six classic tracks from Sega's past, with Vectorman, Space Harrier, Golden Axe, and Ristar, all reproduced on a gorgeous 12 inch album. Seriously drool-worthy.

The album is exclusive to Australia, so if you'd like to get your hands on one you have two choices. Either watch eBay like a hawk come the game's late February release date, or quickly befriend a local.

my god.. i thought i was the only 1 :blink: damnit i just splooged in my pants again :blink: ... *ahem* anywho dood.. i kinda lost track of my sega games after sega cdx.. i have soooooooo many.. i wish i were at my mommas house so i can unlock my cave of wonders all over this thread baby! ..yea ..it was supposed to sound that way o_O. i slowed down my game purchases tho once i had to resort to imports w/ da dreamcast.. but yea.. i have 4 footlockers worth o sega games at home.. and im not gonna start listing cuz ill b up all nite trying to remember sos in ur face!!! yea!

i luv u all ^_^

Got the Genesis collection today. All that for $30? Holey moley, I couldn't afford not to.

Pretty much exactly what I expected, a whole lot of awesome.

I hadn't played Comix Zone in a coon's age. That game oozes so much fuckin' style...some current developers could learn a lot. I'm looking forward to playing Shining Force 2 again, that was the game that got me started on an RPG obsession that persists until this day.

My only complaint is some really bad slowdown during Columns of all games.

Hurm.

$30? thought it was $40, that's even better, cool. Columns slowdown sucks though.

yeah, i just cant see me going through Phantasy Star II-IV again, maybe IV. And i never got to play Shining Force 2 so once im past my current swath of strategy games, that'll get done. shame the RPGs dont have trophies though. ESWAT is so first in line for me.

how's the graphic updates, that working for you so far?